Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU negotiations are a joke 13:07 - Oct 12 with 32833 viewsBlueRaider

No EU concessions, warns Barnier

Concluding his remarks, Barnier warns the EU won't be making concessions during future negotiations.

This is what has been said, if this is the case their whole basis for negotiation is that they have a position and aren't budging and just want us to roll over and pay the divorce bill.

Therefore it is not a negotiation, just a waste of time !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

on 13:11 - Oct 12 with 10965 views_

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:11 - Oct 12 with 10967 viewskizaitfc

We are the ones leaving, why should the EU make any concessions?

This is proof of what most people said at the vote, they will make a point of this, so others do not follow suit.

We need them far more than they need us, all elements of growth in the economy is coming from Europe, without Europe we have Asia and the US both in the current times have their own problems with their economy and political nightmares.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:12 - Oct 12 with 10961 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Can't blame them one bit for being stubborn. We chose to leave so we will never get it our own way
EU negotiations are a joke on 13:14 - Oct 12 with 10942 viewshomer_123

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:12 - Oct 12 by LeighOnSeaBlue

Can't blame them one bit for being stubborn. We chose to leave so we will never get it our own way

Entirely correct - although the EU are not following the guidelines and process laid out in EU law in terms of negotiating the exit either.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:15 - Oct 12 with 10938 viewshomer_123

on 13:11 - Oct 12 by _

Bite nose off to spite face?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:19 - Oct 12 with 10921 viewsJ2BLUE

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:12 - Oct 12 by LeighOnSeaBlue

They're supposed to be our 'friends, neighbours and allies'. Why punish us? Do none of you remainers question their stance? Take the blinkers off for a while.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:20 - Oct 12 with 10902 viewsStokieBlue

It's all a bit childish though isn't it?

Things would be better for all sides if they all behaved.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:24 - Oct 12 with 10882 viewschicoazul

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:20 - Oct 12 by StokieBlue

It's all a bit childish though isn't it?

Things would be better for all sides if they all behaved.

SB

But you havent answered the question.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:24 - Oct 12 with 10887 viewsartsbossbeard

The biggest joke is that simpletons like myself were able to cast a yes/no vote on something so complex in the first place.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:27 - Oct 12 with 10858 viewsBent_double

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:11 - Oct 12 by kizaitfc

We are the ones leaving, why should the EU make any concessions?

This is proof of what most people said at the vote, they will make a point of this, so others do not follow suit.

We need them far more than they need us, all elements of growth in the economy is coming from Europe, without Europe we have Asia and the US both in the current times have their own problems with their economy and political nightmares.

>We are the ones leaving, why should the EU make any concessions?

Because it's supposed to be a negotiation?

I was/am a remainer, but to be honest, I'm getting pretty fed-up with Germanys - sorry, the EUs attitude towards us now. They just want to punish us for leaving their comfortable little club, mainly because of the huge hole it will leave in their finances.

Of course they don't want others to leave after the UK does, so will want to make it as uncomfortable as possible for us, but they really shouldn't keep treating us like naughty school children who have been hauled up infront of the headmaster.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:28 - Oct 12 with 10845 viewsGlasgowBlue

Because the UK outside of the EU is their biggest export market and a good deal will benefit them as much as it would us.

It's noticeable that whilst the EU negotiators and officials are talking tough, the individual governments of member states are much keener on a positive outcome from negotiations.

It seems that the EU is not acting in the best interests of it's member states and is acting like a bitter jilted lover.

A few recent examples:
Danish Finance minister Kristian Jensen
"The UK is a great trading partner of EU27, a strong ally in defence and security, so we need to find out how we can have a good and close relationship post-Brexit."

Xavier Bertrand,who runs the Hauts-de-France region
“I know one thing for sure — nobody has the right to punish the UK and the British people. It was a sovereign choice. Punishing and looking to punish is a terrible mistake. It would be a bad message to send. It was the will of the people who voted, regardless of the consequences. It would give rise to the feeling that there’s something with more power than the will of the people, or wanting to go against the will of the people. That would be a terrible error.”

Geert Bourgeois, the head of the Flemish government
“I’ve met twice Barnier. I brought him to Zeebrugge. 45% of the trade of the export from Zeebrugge is to the United Kingdom, so that’s why I do my best to influence all the people, the ambassadors of the surrounding countries, to work together”.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 13:29]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:29 - Oct 12 with 10833 viewsartsbossbeard

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:27 - Oct 12 by Bent_double

I was/am a remainer, but to be honest, I'm getting pretty fed-up with Germanys - sorry, the EUs attitude towards us now. They just want to punish us for leaving their comfortable little club, mainly because of the huge hole it will leave in their finances.

Of course they don't want others to leave after the UK does, so will want to make it as uncomfortable as possible for us, but they really shouldn't keep treating us like naughty school children who have been hauled up infront of the headmaster.

"Ok, Sky, I'm cancelling my subscription BUT I still want all the channels. Ball's in your court".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:31 - Oct 12 with 10812 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:29 - Oct 12 by artsbossbeard

"Ok, Sky, I'm cancelling my subscription BUT I still want all the channels. Ball's in your court".

How very silly.

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:31 - Oct 12 with 10810 viewsDarth_Koont

Eh? Why should they make concessions to a country that in all likelihood will have to be fiercely competitive with the EU in order to benefit from Brexit? Not to mention a country that still needs the EU much more than we need it - for around half our imports and half our exports, with EU-dependent passporting of services making up a huge proportion of the latter.

The negotiations have always been about OUR concessions in order to "take back control".

Pronouns: He/Him

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:31 - Oct 12 with 10815 viewskizaitfc

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:27 - Oct 12 by Bent_double

Okay look at it from the EU's perspective, if they make this an amicable split do us a good deal and we come out of the EU massively successful.

Every other country will think they could do the same.

I am not saying it is right nor is it fair, but to me this was always going to happen.

And you say it is a negotiation, the plans were put out which the UK agreed to that before talk on later partnership the early stages including, Citizen rights, Northern Ireland and the Bill owing had to be sorted first.

None of the above 3 have been solved therefore we move no further!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:32 - Oct 12 with 10803 viewschicoazul

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:28 - Oct 12 by GlasgowBlue

Because the UK outside of the EU is their biggest export market and a good deal will benefit them as much as it would us.

It's noticeable that whilst the EU negotiators and officials are talking tough, the individual governments of member states are much keener on a positive outcome from negotiations.

It seems that the EU is not acting in the best interests of it's member states and is acting like a bitter jilted lover.

A few recent examples:
"The UK is a great trading partner of EU27, a strong ally in defence and security, so we need to find out how we can have a good and close relationship post-Brexit."

“I know one thing for sure — nobody has the right to punish the UK and the British people. It was a sovereign choice. Punishing and looking to punish is a terrible mistake. It would be a bad message to send. It was the will of the people who voted, regardless of the consequences. It would give rise to the feeling that there’s something with more power than the will of the people, or wanting to go against the will of the people. That would be a terrible error.”

“I’ve met twice Barnier. I brought him to Zeebrugge. 45% of the trade of the export from Zeebrugge is to the United Kingdom, so that’s why I do my best to influence all the people, the ambassadors of the surrounding countries, to work together”.

A thoughtful interesting answer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:32 - Oct 12 with 10798 viewsartsbossbeard

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:31 - Oct 12 by GlasgowBlue

How very silly.

Oof, scarred for life.

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:33 - Oct 12 with 10781 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:31 - Oct 12 by kizaitfc

Okay look at it from the EU's perspective, if they make this an amicable split do us a good deal and we come out of the EU massively successful.

Every other country will think they could do the same.

I am not saying it is right nor is it fair, but to me this was always going to happen.

And you say it is a negotiation, the plans were put out which the UK agreed to that before talk on later partnership the early stages including, Citizen rights, Northern Ireland and the Bill owing had to be sorted first.

None of the above 3 have been solved therefore we move no further!

Should the EU act in the best interests of it's member states ?

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:33 - Oct 12 with 10768 viewsMJallday

just tell them to do one, and if they want the money they can invade us

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:34 - Oct 12 with 10762 viewsSomethingBlue

A few recent examples:

Not the most scintillating of examples there ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:36 - Oct 12 with 10753 viewskizaitfc

A few recent examples:

We will never cut our ties to the EU, quite simply the country would fall to pieces if we did.

On the other hand if the EU lost us, they would have issue but would manage.

There will be a deal, but it is going to cost us a lot more than was first promised, I actually think we are coming closer and closer to the libdems view of a vote on the deal as crazy as it sounds.

Theresa May has a lot of people to try to please, I think she will be forced into seeing what the public think. Still undecided if i think that is a good idea or not though

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:38 - Oct 12 with 10727 viewskizaitfc

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:33 - Oct 12 by GlasgowBlue

Should the EU act in the best interests of it's member states ?

Germany and France have both so far agreed with the EU and their position. Many others have actually said there aren't being tough enough particularly on the divorce bill.

you've put together a nice list of people supporting the UK but there are also many supporting the EUs position. You have to take a fair view from both sides in this argument.

Ultimately as I have said below there will be a deal but we will basically end up paying a massive sum simply to tighten our borders and gain control of our laws.

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:39 - Oct 12 with 10719 viewsHerbivore

A few recent examples:

Wow, three fringe politicians are saying nice things about post-Brexit Britain. So glad we're leaving after reading that, I feel loads better about it all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:43 - Oct 12 with 10687 viewsStokieBlue

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:24 - Oct 12 by chicoazul

But you havent answered the question.

Implicit answer in my response:

"Things would be better for all sides if they all behaved."

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:45 - Oct 12 with 10675 viewsBlueRaider

Because they set up a negotiation, and a basic principle of that is you move your position ideally looking for a win-win position

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024