Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU negotiations are a joke 13:07 - Oct 12 with 33074 viewsBlueRaider

No EU concessions, warns Barnier

Concluding his remarks, Barnier warns the EU won't be making concessions during future negotiations.

This is what has been said, if this is the case their whole basis for negotiation is that they have a position and aren't budging and just want us to roll over and pay the divorce bill.

Therefore it is not a negotiation, just a waste of time !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

EU negotiations are a joke on 21:21 - Oct 12 with 7922 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke on 21:00 - Oct 12 by blueislander

Fiar enough. I didn't interpret your post in that way. Do you think that Merkel and/or Macron will ride to the rescue?

No. I think Germany and France will stay tough and the other members will call for compromise.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

EU negotiations are a joke on 21:29 - Oct 12 with 7921 viewsblueislander

EU negotiations are a joke on 21:21 - Oct 12 by GlasgowBlue

No. I think Germany and France will stay tough and the other members will call for compromise.

Not a great prospect if you are right.
EU negotiations are a joke on 21:30 - Oct 12 with 7910 viewsNo9

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:51 - Oct 12 by The_Last_Baron

There's not going to be a deal.

The fanatics who run the EU would rather the people suffer rather than come to an arrangement which benefits everyone. Their 'project' must prevail at all costs. If I was PM I'd announce that we are withdrawing from negotiations and if the EU want a free trade deal they can get in touch.

No deal would be the best for the UK in the long term. Nice clean Brexit and no more British taxpayers money into the EU coffers. WTO here we come.

The EU's priority must be to do the best for the 27 nations who will remain in the EU.

The tories are the party of administration & they can't agree among themselves what they want - the rest of us don't matter.

Why should the EU do anything to help a useless bunch of argumentative b@stards who are already making a lot of money out of a mess that is damaging the rest of us?
EU negotiations are a joke on 21:33 - Oct 12 with 7908 viewsNo9

EU negotiations are a joke on 14:09 - Oct 12 by Pinewoodblue

Or maybe the EU could have given Cameron some tangible reason for remainingthst the electorate could accept, they chose not to and remain intransigent.

GO back a long way - the tories want to leave the EU & have been waring over this for decades
Cameron was / is a joke
Look on the EU web to see how much money he wanted
EU negotiations are a joke on 21:48 - Oct 12 with 7896 viewscaught-in-limbo

The only serious negotiations between the EU and the UK are about greater military integration within the EU. Those are going quite well, which seems a little contradictory to the whole point of Brexit. Trade negotiations won't happen because Brexit won't.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

EU negotiations are a joke on 22:11 - Oct 12 with 7876 viewsNo9

EU negotiations are a joke on 21:48 - Oct 12 by caught-in-limbo

The only serious negotiations between the EU and the UK are about greater military integration within the EU. Those are going quite well, which seems a little contradictory to the whole point of Brexit. Trade negotiations won't happen because Brexit won't.

Despite the fact Mr Cameron & his party said they would not support an EU military they seem to have made an exception for supporting the countries on the Eastern borders.

You don't think there could be talk of a punch up and the present UK government would not want to join in?

Apart from the the UK badly needs the French military hardware companies
EU negotiations are a joke on 22:26 - Oct 12 with 7869 viewsBent_double

EU negotiations are a joke on 21:30 - Oct 12 by No9

The EU's priority must be to do the best for the 27 nations who will remain in the EU.

The tories are the party of administration & they can't agree among themselves what they want - the rest of us don't matter.

Why should the EU do anything to help a useless bunch of argumentative b@stards who are already making a lot of money out of a mess that is damaging the rest of us?

>The EU's priority must be to do the best for the 27 nations who will remain in the EU.

Indeed, and surely that includes addressing the concerns of any of those 27 who still need to be able to trade with the UK once we've left.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

EU negotiations are a joke on 23:17 - Oct 12 with 7840 viewsFreddies_Ears

EU negotiations are a joke on 22:26 - Oct 12 by Bent_double

>The EU's priority must be to do the best for the 27 nations who will remain in the EU.

Indeed, and surely that includes addressing the concerns of any of those 27 who still need to be able to trade with the UK once we've left.

Their longer term interest is best served by sticking together. Near in mind Germany took a massive but over sanctions on Ukraine, but felt the political benefit was worthwhile. So with Brexit.

Expect France and Germany to pick up most of our contribution to help to keep it all together. And don't be surprised how quickly the growth in intra -EU trade replaced what they might lose in dealings with UK. The move of much of the UK car industry will make up a lot of it for a start.
Login to get fewer ads

EU negotiations are a joke on 09:46 - Oct 13 with 7781 viewsVic

on 13:11 - Oct 12 by _

The clue is surely in the word the EU themselves use - 'negotiation'!

The longer this process goes on the worse I can see the end product being for us - yet the more I personally want to get out! Their stance is exactly what I don't like about the EU and its dictatorial attitude shows them up for what they are.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

EU negotiations are a joke on 09:48 - Oct 13 with 7778 viewsVic

EU negotiations are a joke on 13:12 - Oct 12 by LeighOnSeaBlue

Can't blame them one bit for being stubborn. We chose to leave so we will never get it our own way

Does anyone expect us to get our own way though? Negotiation is about meeting somewhere in the middle.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

EU negotiations are a joke on 09:52 - Oct 13 with 7777 viewshampstead_blue

If you read Yanis Verofakis books.

'The weak suffer what they must' and 'Adults in the room'

When you have read them you will very quickly realise that the EU is run by one or two people.
They are doing everything in their power to stall and make negative remarks about Brexit.

They have to.

If they don't then there will be epic contagion and their Utopian dream will end.

I wouldn't believe word coming out of Brussels.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

EU negotiations are a joke on 10:10 - Oct 13 with 7760 viewsNo9

EU negotiations are a joke on 09:52 - Oct 13 by hampstead_blue

When you have read them you will very quickly realise that the EU is run by one or two people.
They are doing everything in their power to stall and make negative remarks about Brexit.

They have to.

If they don't then there will be epic contagion and their Utopian dream will end.

It would help if we had competent professional negotiators instead of squabbling children on our side.
The people making negative remarks about Brexit are those who want to leave. Despite having had nearly 18 months to prepare to leave they have done nothing.
On the other hand the EU has set out its stall and appointed professionals to do a job the 'Brexiteers' said was easy.
Would anyone in their right mind trust Davis, Johnson, Fox with even a 5p piece?
EU negotiations are a joke on 11:15 - Oct 13 with 7744 viewsBent_double

EU negotiations are a joke on 09:46 - Oct 13 by Vic

The clue is surely in the word the EU themselves use - 'negotiation'!

The longer this process goes on the worse I can see the end product being for us - yet the more I personally want to get out! Their stance is exactly what I don't like about the EU and its dictatorial attitude shows them up for what they are.

Same here! As this process drags on, it will show the EU up for what it really is, a bunch of rich, un-elected, self-serving bureaucrats who don't like Brits - or the English anyway - and who just want to preserve the status quo.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

EU negotiations are a joke on 11:18 - Oct 13 with 7743 viewsWeWereZombies

They have to.

I have not read the books you mention but I doubt very much that the EU is 'run' by one or two people - I think you need to elucidate what you took from the books if you want to make that claim credible.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

EU negotiations are a joke on 12:32 - Oct 13 with 7725 viewsvapour_trail

EU negotiations are a joke on 09:48 - Oct 13 by Vic

Does anyone expect us to get our own way though? Negotiation is about meeting somewhere in the middle.

Only a complete fool would have voted for brexit based on the logic that we would get a favourable deal from the EU and as I have been repeatedly assured that no brexiteers are complete fools, then this current impasse must surely be a surprise to none of us.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

EU negotiations are a joke on 15:12 - Oct 13 with 7688 viewsDarth_Koont

EU negotiations are a joke on 11:18 - Oct 13 by WeWereZombies

I have not read the books you mention but I doubt very much that the EU is 'run' by one or two people - I think you need to elucidate what you took from the books if you want to make that claim credible.

You were much too polite in your response, I thought.

The EU Commission is an administration with some devolved power so that agreed policies can be acted on. Still controlled by the member states voting both in terms of policy direction and ratification of legislation.

The EU as a power unto itself is one of the greatest lies ever told by our mostly xenophobic press, swallowed by a largely gullible population and then exploited for personal and party political ambitions by our shameless politicians and government.

Pronouns: He/Him

EU negotiations are a joke on 15:22 - Oct 13 with 7679 viewsnrb1985

They have to.

"When you have read them you will very quickly realise that the EU is run by one or two people"

If this was true why was a tiny provincial parliament in Belgium able to nearly derail the trade deal with Canada?
EU negotiations are a joke on 15:45 - Oct 13 with 7663 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke on 12:32 - Oct 13 by vapour_trail

Only a complete fool would have voted for brexit based on the logic that we would get a favourable deal from the EU and as I have been repeatedly assured that no brexiteers are complete fools, then this current impasse must surely be a surprise to none of us.

The EU aren't talking down a favourable deal. A favourable deal is in the interests of both the EU and UK. Only a fool would cut of his nose to spite his face. And the 27 are no fools.

A favourable deal is the desired outcome from both parties. It is the divorce bill which is holding up progress. No trade talks until the divorce bill is agreed.

France and Germany want the UK to pay as high a bill as possible because they are the two countries who will have to pick up the slack financially once we have left. The other countries are more relaxed.

The strategy from France and Germany seems to be to see if the UK blinks first because they refuse to discuss trade until the settlement has been agreed and we want a trade deal.

There will be walk outs and there will be negative briefing from both sides but in the end both parties want the same thing. And just like transfer deadline day it will probably go to the 11th hour.

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke on 16:28 - Oct 13 with 7638 viewsmanchego

EU negotiations are a joke on 23:17 - Oct 12 by Freddies_Ears

Their longer term interest is best served by sticking together. Near in mind Germany took a massive but over sanctions on Ukraine, but felt the political benefit was worthwhile. So with Brexit.

Expect France and Germany to pick up most of our contribution to help to keep it all together. And don't be surprised how quickly the growth in intra -EU trade replaced what they might lose in dealings with UK. The move of much of the UK car industry will make up a lot of it for a start.

...and finance. The EU will be fine with the financial sector that we currently have.
EU negotiations are a joke on 16:32 - Oct 13 with 7632 viewsmanchego

EU negotiations are a joke on 11:15 - Oct 13 by Bent_double

Same here! As this process drags on, it will show the EU up for what it really is, a bunch of rich, un-elected, self-serving bureaucrats who don't like Brits - or the English anyway - and who just want to preserve the status quo.

rich, unelected, self serving bureaucrats ?
*cough* House of Lords *cough* Royal Family

Well I remember voting for a member of the European Parliament. Maybe you forgot.
EU negotiations are a joke on 17:13 - Oct 13 with 7608 viewsJ2BLUE

EU negotiations are a joke on 11:15 - Oct 13 by Bent_double

As much as I criticise certain elements of the EU I really don't think we can call the leaders self-serving. Even Juncker is constantly going on about citizen's rights and he's very respectful towards Britain in his latest comments.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

EU negotiations are a joke on 17:27 - Oct 13 with 7597 viewshampstead_blue

EU negotiations are a joke on 15:22 - Oct 13 by nrb1985

"When you have read them you will very quickly realise that the EU is run by one or two people"

If this was true why was a tiny provincial parliament in Belgium able to nearly derail the trade deal with Canada?

behind the scenes everything is run by Germany.

I urge you to read those books. You will then realise that the UK is in a corner but that is only down to the b/s stories leaked by the EU.
We can royally screw the EU.

All we need do is hold our nerve. You wait, I think that in a few years time, after we have secured loads of great trade deals, the EU will be forced to change or face a mass exodus.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

EU negotiations are a joke on 17:45 - Oct 13 with 7582 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke on 17:13 - Oct 13 by J2BLUE

As much as I criticise certain elements of the EU I really don't think we can call the leaders self-serving. Even Juncker is constantly going on about citizen's rights and he's very respectful towards Britain in his latest comments.

He may well go on about citizens rights but it's the EU who are stalling on this issue being settled

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/12/eu-refuses-to-engage-on-rights-

As for his respectful comments? Just today he has said:

“If you are sitting in a bar and if you are ordering 28 beers and then suddenly some of your colleagues is leaving and he’s not paying, that is not feasible. They have to pay. They have to pay."

That'as boll0cks isn't it. We have paid for all of our beers. We just don't want to pay for beers we won't be drinking after we have left the pub.

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke on 17:59 - Oct 13 with 7569 viewsFreddies_Ears

EU negotiations are a joke on 17:27 - Oct 13 by hampstead_blue

behind the scenes everything is run by Germany.

I urge you to read those books. You will then realise that the UK is in a corner but that is only down to the b/s stories leaked by the EU.
We can royally screw the EU.

All we need do is hold our nerve. You wait, I think that in a few years time, after we have secured loads of great trade deals, the EU will be forced to change or face a mass exodus.

Do you actually believe that, or are you a Bot based in St Petersburg? s

We have absolutely zero leverage in these talks. "No deal" is awkward for EU27, but absolutely terrible for UK. Trade talks with other countries will take years and with no guarantee of success. We're already close to a trade war with the US, and India wanted hundreds of thousands of new visas before they'd even talk. EU27 know this, and so are happy to play the long game.
EU negotiations are a joke on 18:03 - Oct 13 with 7567 viewsbluejacko

EU negotiations are a joke on 22:11 - Oct 12 by No9

Despite the fact Mr Cameron & his party said they would not support an EU military they seem to have made an exception for supporting the countries on the Eastern borders.

You don't think there could be talk of a punch up and the present UK government would not want to join in?

Apart from the the UK badly needs the French military hardware companies

I think you will find that is a NATO response but dont let the facts get in your way for a good moan!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024