Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU negotiations are a joke 13:07 - Oct 12 with 32829 viewsBlueRaider

No EU concessions, warns Barnier

Concluding his remarks, Barnier warns the EU won't be making concessions during future negotiations.

This is what has been said, if this is the case their whole basis for negotiation is that they have a position and aren't budging and just want us to roll over and pay the divorce bill.

Therefore it is not a negotiation, just a waste of time !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:31 - Oct 14 with 2281 viewsnoggin

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:27 - Oct 14 by bluejacko

There really isnt much point in stating your point as there are far to many on here who think that whatever we do is wrong yet the EU can do no wrong!

That's just wrong.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:33 - Oct 14 with 2271 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:26 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

You edited your post to add the question, Glassers. Another swerve attempt it seems.

The negotiators are making little headway it seems and our stance on Brexit appears to be characterised by uncertainty. What is it we actually want from Brexit? I don't think anyone knows, other than that it should be red, white and blue and the best deal possible. The government have no authority, they're propped up by the DUP in order to form a working government. They've created a situation where people from within and outside the party can hold them to ransom and their own position is too precarious to do anything about it. How can you negotiate effectively from a position that lacks both clarity and authority? You can't. Even if they were less shambolic, what does a good Brexit deal even look like? We seem clueless.

I asked the question in my previous post. You swerved it. So I asked it again.

Now for the second time please tell me what I have swerved?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:37 - Oct 14 with 2265 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:33 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

I asked the question in my previous post. You swerved it. So I asked it again.

Now for the second time please tell me what I have swerved?

You've swerved addressing any of the substantive points put to you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:37 - Oct 14 with 2251 viewsDarth_Koont

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:26 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

You edited your post to add the question, Glassers. Another swerve attempt it seems.

The negotiators are making little headway it seems and our stance on Brexit appears to be characterised by uncertainty. What is it we actually want from Brexit? I don't think anyone knows, other than that it should be red, white and blue and the best deal possible. The government have no authority, they're propped up by the DUP in order to form a working government. They've created a situation where people from within and outside the party can hold them to ransom and their own position is too precarious to do anything about it. How can you negotiate effectively from a position that lacks both clarity and authority? You can't. Even if they were less shambolic, what does a good Brexit deal even look like? We seem clueless.

Well said.

Talking of being held to ransom, I'd love to know what that Nissan commitment looks like. And whether Nissan are starting to lose faith in it.

I can see us heading towards some pretty difficult and expensive sector by sector negotiations once the reality of Brexit emerges from the mists of confusion and incompetence.

Pronouns: He/Him

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:43 - Oct 14 with 2247 viewsNo9

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:15 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

What did I swerve? I never said you were an anti British.

As for your question. I don’t think either of can judge whether they are doing a good job negotiating a Brexit deal as we aren’t privy to those discussions. But even the Guardian ate starting to critique the EU negotiators over their stance. Particularly those on citizens rights which they EU are stalling on.

But of course a Brexit deal isn’t being negotiated is it! The EU have stated that these negotiations will not start until the dicpvorce bill has been agreed. France and Germany seem to be holding out for as high a bill as possible as they are the two countries who will have to pick up the slack financially when we leave.

Now what is it you believe our negotiators are doing wrong that justifies you running them down? I note you Swerved that question in your reply.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 10:17]

You could, of course, go to the EU website to see just how wrong you are on every point
EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:45 - Oct 14 with 2243 viewsbluejacko

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:43 - Oct 14 by No9

You could, of course, go to the EU website to see just how wrong you are on every point

Mmm of course the EU website is the font of all things true isnt it?
EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:47 - Oct 14 with 2229 viewsDarth_Koont

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:27 - Oct 14 by bluejacko

There really isnt much point in stating your point as there are far to many on here who think that whatever we do is wrong yet the EU can do no wrong!

See the problem here is that it's a bit rich to complain about the EU's behaviour when we so obviously need to put our own house in order first.

If they're pushing the advantage because we're weak and disorganised then the answer is to pull ourselves together — and pull our finger out — and push back. So far we've looked clueless and aimless.

Pronouns: He/Him

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:48 - Oct 14 with 2235 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:45 - Oct 14 by bluejacko

Mmm of course the EU website is the font of all things true isnt it?

What on there do you think is inaccurate?

Login to get fewer ads

EU negotiations are a joke on 11:13 - Oct 14 with 2194 viewscaught-in-limbo

Does our behaviour (or the reported behaviour of the EU) not suggest that our leaders are actually not interested in Brexit at all?

The government / EU is not reporting what is actually being agreed in these negotiations. If you take the time to dig for what is actually happening you'll discover all sorts of military partnerships and a movement towards an EU army. Look it up for yourselves.

That is the truth - our government is not interested in leaving Europe, quite the opposite in fact. That is why we are being told what we are, because being open and honest about what's really going on will show that our government is ignoring the wish of the majority.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 11:18 - Oct 14 with 2188 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 10:37 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

You've swerved addressing any of the substantive points put to you.

Now you are just making things up Herbie.

Herbie
I'm running down our negotiators, not the whole of the UK. We have a shambolic mess of a Tory government steering Brexit, pointing that out does not make me anti-British.

Glassers
I see. It’s an anti Tory thing. If It was a Labour government, who change their position on Brexit more times in a week (some times in a day) than some people change their socks, you’d be fully behind our negotiating stance and highly critical of the EU’s intransigence.

Can I ask exactly what you find fault with in our negotiating team? Not the personalities. The negotiating position. Why are you running them down?

And I didn’t say you were anti British. I really wish people would stop putting words in my mouth.

Herbie
You implied it, Glassers. Nice swerve attempt though.

For the third time please point out the swerve. Because I can't see any substantive points in your answer for me to swerve.

As for me "implying" that you are anti British? You are aware that someone can be very pro one side without being anti the other? I had to once explain to a pissed up football hooligan who was abusing a lovely German couple at the world cup in 2006 that he doesn't have to hate their country to show love for his. Please don't tell me that your logic follows his.

Also for the third time will you please explain what the negotiators have done that makes you "run them down"? Bearing in mind that the only negotiations that are currently taking place are the divorce bill and citizens rights, the second of which the Guardian has accused the EU negotiators of stalling on.

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 11:28 - Oct 14 with 2172 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 11:18 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

Now you are just making things up Herbie.

Herbie
I'm running down our negotiators, not the whole of the UK. We have a shambolic mess of a Tory government steering Brexit, pointing that out does not make me anti-British.

Glassers
I see. It’s an anti Tory thing. If It was a Labour government, who change their position on Brexit more times in a week (some times in a day) than some people change their socks, you’d be fully behind our negotiating stance and highly critical of the EU’s intransigence.

Can I ask exactly what you find fault with in our negotiating team? Not the personalities. The negotiating position. Why are you running them down?

And I didn’t say you were anti British. I really wish people would stop putting words in my mouth.

Herbie
You implied it, Glassers. Nice swerve attempt though.

For the third time please point out the swerve. Because I can't see any substantive points in your answer for me to swerve.

As for me "implying" that you are anti British? You are aware that someone can be very pro one side without being anti the other? I had to once explain to a pissed up football hooligan who was abusing a lovely German couple at the world cup in 2006 that he doesn't have to hate their country to show love for his. Please don't tell me that your logic follows his.

Also for the third time will you please explain what the negotiators have done that makes you "run them down"? Bearing in mind that the only negotiations that are currently taking place are the divorce bill and citizens rights, the second of which the Guardian has accused the EU negotiators of stalling on.

I've addressed your question on the shortcomings of our negotiations, Glassers. Not entirely sure how you've missed that. Perhaps you're swerving it?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 11:32]

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 11:57 - Oct 14 with 2147 viewsGlasgowBlue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 11:28 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

I've addressed your question on the shortcomings of our negotiations, Glassers. Not entirely sure how you've missed that. Perhaps you're swerving it?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 11:32]

You referred to our shortcomings one post after accusing me of swerving. So for the fourth time......

Iron Lion Zion

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 13:10 - Oct 14 with 2120 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 11:57 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

You referred to our shortcomings one post after accusing me of swerving. So for the fourth time......

I've answered your question, I'm not repeating myself.

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 13:22 - Oct 14 with 2106 viewsPinewoodblue

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 13:10 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

I've answered your question, I'm not repeating myself.

Haven't you said that before?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 13:25 - Oct 14 with 2101 viewsHerbivore

EU negotiations are a joke (n/t) on 13:22 - Oct 14 by Pinewoodblue

Haven't you said that before?

I know right, Glassers needs to learn to read.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024