Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red hot Gos 16:21 - Oct 12 with 18020 viewstextbackup

ME wants David McGoldrick out in Jan, off the wage bill.
Source, very decent

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Red hot Gos on 16:41 - Oct 12 with 5381 viewsDarth_Koont

Mid-season??!!

Makes zero sense if that's the reason given.

Pronouns: He/Him

Who did Bishop..... on 16:54 - Oct 12 with 5351 viewsBloots

....sign for in the end?

Was it Liverpool or Spurs?

I forget.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Red hot Gos on 16:55 - Oct 12 with 5346 viewstextbackup

Red hot Gos on 16:33 - Oct 12 by SpruceMoose

This is just your classic 'look at me' thread. Someone is upset at all the attention Dolly has been getting.

Lol the day I attempt to compete on here of all places is the day I give up on life

Red hot Gos on 17:08 - Oct 12 with 5302 viewstextbackup

Red hot Gos on 16:39 - Oct 12 by Kieran_Knows

All I know is, Texters has had info in the past, which has been spot on. Like others, whilst I am sceptical, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

I want it to be wrong obviously, would be shocked if true.... but only passing on what I heard. Moose is a strange one

Who did Bishop..... on 17:10 - Oct 12 with 5301 viewstextbackup

Who did Bishop..... on 16:54 - Oct 12 by Bloots

....sign for in the end?

Was it Liverpool or Spurs?

I forget.

#banter

Didn't happen so of course I look incorrect, however it was close. This time a different source I may add

You lot don't half get ratty

Red hot Gos on 17:15 - Oct 12 with 5283 viewsElderGrizzly

Red hot Gos on 16:29 - Oct 12 by textbackup

Apparently ME believes Waggy and Garner to be enough...

ME doesn't and hasn't ever got involved in who should be playing or not playing. That won't be what it is about at all.

However, I can believe he might have questioned if it is justified in giving a 30 year old injury prone player a nice new long contract, especially when it will probably be his last.
Red hot Gos on 17:16 - Oct 12 with 5271 viewsGlasgowBlue

Red hot Gos on 16:28 - Oct 12 by SpruceMoose

Ok, sure, if it makes you feel like the big man to pretend to know these things, have at it!

In fairness Texters isn't the type to bullsh1t.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Red hot Gos on 17:19 - Oct 12 with 5257 viewstextbackup

Red hot Gos on 17:15 - Oct 12 by ElderGrizzly

ME doesn't and hasn't ever got involved in who should be playing or not playing. That won't be what it is about at all.

However, I can believe he might have questioned if it is justified in giving a 30 year old injury prone player a nice new long contract, especially when it will probably be his last.

Might be that 'on paper we have two first team forwards' ?
Obviously I don't know the whole situation

Login to get fewer ads

Red hot Gos on 17:20 - Oct 12 with 5253 viewsBerlinBlue

Highly doubt that. Why shoot ourselves in the foot trying to finish in the top 6 by getting rid of one of our best players so far this season?
Red hot Gos on 17:27 - Oct 12 with 5223 viewsElderGrizzly

Red hot Gos on 17:19 - Oct 12 by textbackup

Might be that 'on paper we have two first team forwards' ?
Obviously I don't know the whole situation

They've always been clear to compete, he would back Mick with 2 options for each position in the XI.

As I said, if this sort of noise was happening at the club it would be in the way I was saying. We also don't know if this is part of the contract negotiation process.

McG might have asked for too much and if he's said he won't sign a new deal, then we should at least explore what we might get for him, save his wages and put that into a longer term solution.

Although if we are still sniffing around the playoffs, then I can't see us letting him go anyway, no matter the contract situation.
Red hot Gos on 17:31 - Oct 12 with 5208 viewsITFC_Forever

I bloody hope not.

McG is the player who makes us play well.

We play better, and more often when he's playing and on form. When he's not in the side, we are far, far worse for it and struggle so much to create, it's painful.
We will struggle to compete in this division and sink to being relegation candidates.

If ME seriously thinks anyone else in our squad is half the player McG is, then he is completely and utterly wrong.

If this happens, I don't think it will possible for me to dislike my own club more.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Red hot Gos on 17:32 - Oct 12 with 5207 viewstextbackup

Red hot Gos on 17:27 - Oct 12 by ElderGrizzly

They've always been clear to compete, he would back Mick with 2 options for each position in the XI.

As I said, if this sort of noise was happening at the club it would be in the way I was saying. We also don't know if this is part of the contract negotiation process.

McG might have asked for too much and if he's said he won't sign a new deal, then we should at least explore what we might get for him, save his wages and put that into a longer term solution.

Although if we are still sniffing around the playoffs, then I can't see us letting him go anyway, no matter the contract situation.

Considering we still have a year on him too, haven't we?

However considering we lose to decent teams and beat the poor ones I can't see a serious playoff challenge on its way... but that a thread for another day

Red hot Gos on 17:35 - Oct 12 with 5201 viewsEireannach_gorm

Red hot Gos on 16:29 - Oct 12 by textbackup

Apparently ME believes Waggy and Garner to be enough...

He's taken up football management then?
on 17:37 - Oct 12 with 5201 views_

Red hot Gos on 17:42 - Oct 12 with 5183 viewsElderGrizzly

Red hot Gos on 17:32 - Oct 12 by textbackup

Considering we still have a year on him too, haven't we?

However considering we lose to decent teams and beat the poor ones I can't see a serious playoff challenge on its way... but that a thread for another day

Phil thought we'd used up an option previously? Like you, I thought we had another year too.

Anyway who knows, but ME will have learnt he needs to back the manager, not handicap him in January
Red hot Gos on 17:45 - Oct 12 with 5168 viewsElderGrizzly

on 17:37 - Oct 12 by _

We're not going to get £4.5m for someone who is out of contract 5 months later.

The issue of his family's location has been raised before and I think there was a thread on here last week where a lot of us could see him getting one more big contract from a Derby/Forest/Villa type club in the Midlands.

If he leaves, I just hope it's done in the right way unlike Murphy and we have a way to replace him. If he's been injury free up to Xmas, there might be a few of the parachute clubs after him for a final push
Red hot Gos on 17:46 - Oct 12 with 5167 viewsJakeITFC

on 17:37 - Oct 12 by _

I don't think we'd get anything close to a million, let alone £4.5m.
on 17:48 - Oct 12 with 5154 views_

Red hot Gos on 17:46 - Oct 12 by JakeITFC

I don't think we'd get anything close to a million, let alone £4.5m.

Red hot Gos on 17:49 - Oct 12 with 5149 viewsElderGrizzly

on 17:48 - Oct 12 by _

Yep. On form, he is worth more than £1m to us if we are pushing for something at the end of the season
Red hot Gos on 17:51 - Oct 12 with 5137 viewsJakeITFC

on 17:48 - Oct 12 by _

Which makes the business sense argument redundant (from a transfer fee perspective).

If he wants to cut costs by getting rid of our top earners who can actually play football, then he deserves to do it in front of an empty stadium.
Red hot Gos on 17:57 - Oct 12 with 5127 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Cheers for posting but there's not a chance he'd do that to save a few hundred grand between January and the end of the season. You've had spot on team selections in the past but this won't happen. Appreciate it's just what you've heard and you're passing that along.

He'll presumably just go for nothing in the summer.
Red hot Gos on 17:57 - Oct 12 with 5118 viewsElderGrizzly

Red hot Gos on 17:51 - Oct 12 by JakeITFC

Which makes the business sense argument redundant (from a transfer fee perspective).

If he wants to cut costs by getting rid of our top earners who can actually play football, then he deserves to do it in front of an empty stadium.

Agree, but that's not how he works so it's very unlikely.

We've a budget for this season and that won't dramatically change in January. Either up or down
Red hot Gos on 18:11 - Oct 12 with 5081 viewsBenters

Red hot Gos on 17:16 - Oct 12 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness Texters isn't the type to bullsh1t.

This with added that.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Red hot Gos on 18:12 - Oct 12 with 5079 viewsSpruceMoose

Red hot Gos on 18:11 - Oct 12 by Benters

This with added that.

End of?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Red hot Gos on 18:26 - Oct 12 with 5053 viewsJakeITFC

Red hot Gos on 17:57 - Oct 12 by ElderGrizzly

Agree, but that's not how he works so it's very unlikely.

We've a budget for this season and that won't dramatically change in January. Either up or down

Selling him in January isn't a budget decision for this season, though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024