Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red hot Gos 16:21 - Oct 12 with 18013 viewstextbackup

ME wants David McGoldrick out in Jan, off the wage bill.
Source, very decent

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Red hot Gos on 18:34 - Oct 12 with 5054 viewsITFC_Forever

Red hot Gos on 17:45 - Oct 12 by ElderGrizzly

We're not going to get £4.5m for someone who is out of contract 5 months later.

The issue of his family's location has been raised before and I think there was a thread on here last week where a lot of us could see him getting one more big contract from a Derby/Forest/Villa type club in the Midlands.

If he leaves, I just hope it's done in the right way unlike Murphy and we have a way to replace him. If he's been injury free up to Xmas, there might be a few of the parachute clubs after him for a final push

“...hope that it’s done in the right way and replace him”

Not a chance.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Red hot Gos on 18:40 - Oct 12 with 5044 viewsBenters

Red hot Gos on 18:12 - Oct 12 by SpruceMoose

End of?

This.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Red hot Gos on 18:43 - Oct 12 with 5046 viewsHerbivore

Texters has had info in the past so this isn't him making stuff up to be the big man, that's really not his style anyway. However, I'd be surprised if this is true. We'll get no money for him in January as he'll be available for nothing in June and I can't imagine the saving on his wages for 5 months is enough to make up for the loss to the team if he went. The only scenario I can envisage where he goes is if he's turned down a contract extension here and someone comes in with an offer for him that enables us to not lose him for nothing. Even then the kind of fee we get will be less than the contribution he could make for us in the second half of the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You don't look incorrect.... on 19:50 - Oct 12 with 5002 viewsBloots

Who did Bishop..... on 17:10 - Oct 12 by textbackup

#banter

Didn't happen so of course I look incorrect, however it was close. This time a different source I may add

You lot don't half get ratty

....you were incorrect.

Not ratty in the slightest.

So up yours.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

You don't look incorrect.... on 21:59 - Oct 12 with 4921 viewstextbackup

You don't look incorrect.... on 19:50 - Oct 12 by Bloots

....you were incorrect.

Not ratty in the slightest.

So up yours.

Ouch

Anyway, I hope it's incorrect info, or doesn't happen, like teddy

(Btw teddy was Bournemouth)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Red hot Gos on 22:07 - Oct 12 with 4909 viewsElderGrizzly

Red hot Gos on 18:26 - Oct 12 by JakeITFC

Selling him in January isn't a budget decision for this season, though.

It is if he is out of contract in the summer, as he won’t be in future budget forecasts.

My point is, we won’t be needing to sell him and his wages are more than budgeted for this season.
Red hot Gos on 22:52 - Oct 12 with 4869 viewsStNeotsBlue

If this happens I'll be gutted he's the best player we've owned in years. I get that he's had a lot of issues with injuries but when fit he's a cut above the vast majority in this division.
Red hot Gos on 22:54 - Oct 12 with 4865 views12th_Man

Anyone else smell that?

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Login to get fewer ads

Red hot Gos on 23:18 - Oct 12 with 4849 viewsjeera

What's your favourite and least favourite dessert?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Red hot Gos on 23:25 - Oct 12 with 4838 viewstractorboy1978

on 17:37 - Oct 12 by _

If he could stay fit he would not still be here. The best footballer we've had in a long, long time and it's no coincidence our best spells under McCarthy have coincided with him being fit and on song. I'd wager all of those Midland clubs - Forest, Derby, Villa would take him for two years on £15k a week in the summer. We haven't been able to replace him when he's been out injured so I hold out little hope for us doing so when he does leave.
Red hot Gos on 23:36 - Oct 12 with 4823 viewsStNeotsBlue

on 17:37 - Oct 12 by _

We've had this conversation before, but I'm an optimist and refute what you call probability.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 23:45]
Red hot Gos on 06:54 - Oct 13 with 4745 viewsCurrie10

Red hot Gos on 16:25 - Oct 12 by Kieran_Knows

No wonder we're forking out £90,000 on an unknown Irish youngster then ... .

In all seriousness though, worrying if true. Probably regrets not taking that £7m for him now.

Have it on decent authority it was closer to 10 mill with various add ons etc than the 7 mill fed to the press which is why the club felt they had to let him talk.

Unlikely to be off in Jan, however have a feeling this will be his last season with us.
Red hot Gos on 08:39 - Oct 13 with 4696 viewsportmanking

Red hot Gos on 17:51 - Oct 12 by JakeITFC

Which makes the business sense argument redundant (from a transfer fee perspective).

If he wants to cut costs by getting rid of our top earners who can actually play football, then he deserves to do it in front of an empty stadium.

Amen.

If McGoldrick is let go for financial reasons ME can stick his 2018/19 season ticket. Bravo to him for sucking all the entertainment value out of the club if so.
Red hot Gos on 11:03 - Oct 13 with 4629 viewsWestSussexBlue

Red hot Gos on 16:34 - Oct 12 by Half_Idiot

I was told ME is looking to sell Dozzell for £5m in January too.

My source is also very reliable

If ME is looking to get £5 Mill for a player who’s currently crocked and unlikely to be anywhere near starting a game until at least July of next year then he’s more bonkers than I thought.
Red hot Gos on 11:30 - Oct 13 with 4617 viewsSW6Tractor

If it's good money, hard to say no - especially if we assume that Dozzell is the heir apparent to his role. Really like McG as a play maker but his end product is the thing that keeps him from playing at the top, top level.

From his perspective, probably wants to work closer to home and earn a bit more before he calls it a day. Our game has not fit his for some time but a really great acquisition by MM.
Red hot Gos on 12:10 - Oct 13 with 4583 viewstractorboy1978

Red hot Gos on 11:30 - Oct 13 by SW6Tractor

If it's good money, hard to say no - especially if we assume that Dozzell is the heir apparent to his role. Really like McG as a play maker but his end product is the thing that keeps him from playing at the top, top level.

From his perspective, probably wants to work closer to home and earn a bit more before he calls it a day. Our game has not fit his for some time but a really great acquisition by MM.

What do you define as good money? If we are within a handful of points of the top 6 come January then he's potentially priceless to us.
This is a red hot Goss on 12:16 - Oct 13 with 4573 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect the rest is a load of old cobblers, no offence

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Red hot Gos on 12:34 - Oct 13 with 4548 viewschicoazul

It doesnt matter what Evans wants.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Red hot Gos on 12:37 - Oct 13 with 4542 viewschicoazul

Red hot Gos on 16:34 - Oct 12 by Half_Idiot

I was told ME is looking to sell Dozzell for £5m in January too.

My source is also very reliable

If you think anyone who would pay 5m for a player who would be halfway through recovering from a cruciate ligament injury then I have some magic beans id like to talk to you about.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Red hot Gos on 13:20 - Oct 13 with 4516 viewsSW6Tractor

Red hot Gos on 12:10 - Oct 13 by tractorboy1978

What do you define as good money? If we are within a handful of points of the top 6 come January then he's potentially priceless to us.

In that instance enough to bring in a strong, plug-and-play loan (permanent unlikely given what we spend) replacement to push us over the line this season. £££ doesn't mean anything but what we do with it does.

It's a gamble either way: if he stays and we don't go up, we lose him for nothing, but he could be the key to our promotion push, come April, if we are in the mix.
Red hot Gos on 14:46 - Oct 13 with 4473 viewsVic

Mick think DM is our best player so I don;t think this will end well.

For that reason I think this is not credible info

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Red hot Gos on 14:54 - Oct 13 with 4464 viewsPhilTWTD

Red hot Gos on 14:46 - Oct 13 by Vic

Mick think DM is our best player so I don;t think this will end well.

For that reason I think this is not credible info

Would be amazed if there's any truth to it.
Red hot Gos on 18:10 - Oct 13 with 4362 viewsBlueNomad

Three years ago I had “definite inside info”, which I didn’t share, that his knee injury was going to end his career, if he was a horse they’d shoot him, and he was totally wrecked.

He looks bloody awesome to me these days!
Red hot Gos on 19:55 - Oct 13 with 4319 viewsKeaneish

Doesn't stack up for me. Why increase the wage bill if you then want McG off it? Granted it might bring in two players instead of one but surely that would be MM wanting him off the wage bill?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024