Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom 00:33 - Oct 13 with 5147 viewsSuperfrans

Utterly brilliant. How he isn’t the biggest artist in the world right now utterly defeats me.

In the top 5 gigs I’ve ever seen. Just superb.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 06:30 - Oct 13 with 5096 viewsfactual_blue

His Beck Bogert and Appice was a pretty decent album.

I think I'd probably rate him third or fourth best guitarist in the Bluesbreakers. Peter Green probably the best, then Clapton, and Page/Beck.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 06:33 - Oct 13 with 5087 viewsBenters

Two turntables and a microphone?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 06:50 - Oct 13 with 5080 viewstcblue

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 06:33 - Oct 13 by Benters

Two turntables and a microphone?

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:02 - Oct 13 with 5040 viewsvapour_trail

Wish I'd known about this. Love beck, complete dude.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:09 - Oct 13 with 5030 viewsbluewein

Benn listening to his album this morning. The guys a frickin' genius.

So jealous of that gig. Really hope he's in London again in the near future as he's massively on my bucket list.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:11 - Oct 13 with 5029 viewsbluewein

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:02 - Oct 13 by vapour_trail

Wish I'd known about this. Love beck, complete dude.

Intimate gig he announced on Monday, tickets went in 2 minutes Wednesday morning.

Fair play to Superfrans for getting a ticket for that.

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:23 - Oct 13 with 5009 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:11 - Oct 13 by bluewein

Intimate gig he announced on Monday, tickets went in 2 minutes Wednesday morning.

I think Frans said that he works for a music publication.

Beck’s new album sounds good. What seems to gave held him back is that in today’s music industry he can be too eclectic and can’t be put in one particular box.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:39 - Oct 13 with 4989 viewsbluewein

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:23 - Oct 13 by GlasgowBlue

I think Frans said that he works for a music publication.

Beck’s new album sounds good. What seems to gave held him back is that in today’s music industry he can be too eclectic and can’t be put in one particular box.

Ahh that would explain it.

I agree that he's never been truly celebrated (His eclecticness shows what a clever bloke he is) and i honestly think he's made this album for that reason. It's so fun and poppy, and just seems to be him saying "Ok, I'll give you what you want" before coming back next year and trolling everyone with another One Foot in The Grave type album.

Also, for those who've never heard it, this is essential listening if you're a Beck/Velvet Underground fan...

Login to get fewer ads

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:40 - Oct 13 with 4986 viewsDeano69

Capability appears to have no correlation with popularity, sadly.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:46 - Oct 13 with 4975 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:39 - Oct 13 by bluewein

I agree that he's never been truly celebrated (His eclecticness shows what a clever bloke he is) and i honestly think he's made this album for that reason. It's so fun and poppy, and just seems to be him saying "Ok, I'll give you what you want" before coming back next year and trolling everyone with another One Foot in The Grave type album.

Also, for those who've never heard it, this is essential listening if you're a Beck/Velvet Underground fan...

If he was around in the 80’s he’d have been as big as Prince imo. That was a decade where you could be pop and an artist so for every commercial hit like Faith you could drop a song like A Diferent Corner and you could stay on top.

Iron Lion Zion

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:55 - Oct 13 with 4965 viewstcblue

Wait, what?

Beck has a huge following and has had mainstream hits for 20 years. What more exactly are we expecting?
Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 09:01 - Oct 13 with 4951 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:55 - Oct 13 by tcblue

Wait, what?

Beck has a huge following and has had mainstream hits for 20 years. What more exactly are we expecting?

Not had a top 40 hit in either the UK or Us since 2905.

Iron Lion Zion

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 09:08 - Oct 13 with 4942 viewsbluewein

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 09:01 - Oct 13 by GlasgowBlue

Not had a top 40 hit in either the UK or Us since 2905.

Holy crap! I didn't believe that til I looked it up.

http://www.musicvf.com/Beck.art

That's actually insane..!

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 09:59 - Oct 13 with 4903 viewsdickie

He's my favourite scientologist
Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 10:07 - Oct 13 with 4895 viewsSuperfrans

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:11 - Oct 13 by bluewein

I was very lucky. And likewise, I'm definitely going to see him again next time he's over.

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 11:33 - Oct 13 with 4859 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 09:08 - Oct 13 by bluewein

Holy crap! I didn't believe that til I looked it up.

http://www.musicvf.com/Beck.art

That's actually insane..!

He suffered the indignity of being turned away, along with Paul McCartney, from some no-mark's party last year.

McCartney suggested they's better start writing some more hits.

Iron Lion Zion

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 12:17 - Oct 14 with 4765 viewsSuperfrans

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:39 - Oct 13 by bluewein

Not quite true. I work for a company in the music business, so have a few contacts who can occasionally help. Usually have to buy all my own tickets etc, but managed to find someone with a spare this time.

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 12:20 - Oct 14 with 4762 viewsSuperfrans

Just back from seeing Beck at the Electric Ballroom on 08:55 - Oct 13 by tcblue

Wait, what?

His album this week will probably do just over 10,000 copies and will only just about scrape into the UK Top 5 if he’s lucky. He’s highly regarded, but is far from being a household name - which he absolutely should do.

In contrast, Liam Gallagher’s album made Number 1 yesterday with over 100,000 sales in the UK.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024