Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Monzo users here? 09:32 - Oct 13 with 1818 viewsSwailsey

It's been great with me for putting aside spare money - they're moving into current accounts soon as well.

Appreciate its not something that everyone will be on board with, or need - but their customer service is amazing as well.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Any Monzo users here? on 09:45 - Oct 13 with 1785 viewsStokieBlue

You use it to put aside money? Not sure that's the use case but glad it works for you.

It's absolutely superb for travelling because they only charge Mastercard spot rate on FX and they don't charge for cash withdrawls abroad (this is changing) which saves you a lot when travelling.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Any Monzo users here? on 10:05 - Oct 13 with 1755 viewsSwailsey

Any Monzo users here? on 09:45 - Oct 13 by StokieBlue

You use it to put aside money? Not sure that's the use case but glad it works for you.

It's absolutely superb for travelling because they only charge Mastercard spot rate on FX and they don't charge for cash withdrawls abroad (this is changing) which saves you a lot when travelling.

SB

Sorry - what I meant is, on pay day, I put all 'spare' money into Monzo and use it as a pre-paid card and then track what I'm spu*king my spare cash on.

And the abroad rates are superb.

You will still be able to withdraw up to £200 abroad though, which is still good.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Any Monzo users here? on 10:28 - Oct 13 with 1733 viewstrncbluearmy

Any Monzo users here? on 10:05 - Oct 13 by Swailsey

Sorry - what I meant is, on pay day, I put all 'spare' money into Monzo and use it as a pre-paid card and then track what I'm spu*king my spare cash on.

And the abroad rates are superb.

You will still be able to withdraw up to £200 abroad though, which is still good.

The vote was heavily in favour of the £200 limit pm , but I wonder if they may make that some kind of annual rather then monthly limit.
I was surprised at the cost per ATM transaction abroad to the bank,up to £15. Pleased,as an investor , they decided to do something about it.

Monzo will change the face of banking over the next decade.
Any Monzo users here? on 10:30 - Oct 13 with 1723 viewsSwailsey

Any Monzo users here? on 10:28 - Oct 13 by trncbluearmy

The vote was heavily in favour of the £200 limit pm , but I wonder if they may make that some kind of annual rather then monthly limit.
I was surprised at the cost per ATM transaction abroad to the bank,up to £15. Pleased,as an investor , they decided to do something about it.

Monzo will change the face of banking over the next decade.

Are you going to go with the current account then?

I'm pretty nervy when it comes to finance, but it seems to be a good thing.

*edit* - Sorry, that's quite a personal question - feel free not to answer!
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 10:31]

Any Monzo users here? on 10:40 - Oct 13 with 1712 viewsStenvict

I put £100 in mine 2 months ago and still have £100 in it. My friend who recommended it to me said it's great for saving money and tracking what you've spent as it notifies you straight away. Well, when I've been to Tesco for my weekly shop, I know I have. I don't need to get a notification telling me what I've just done. Anyway, I guess the main advantage is the lack of charges when abroad.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Any Monzo users here? on 10:40 - Oct 13 with 1711 viewstrncbluearmy

Any Monzo users here? on 10:30 - Oct 13 by Swailsey

Yes I will go with the Monzo current account,but for the time being I will also keep my existing CA open as well
Any Monzo users here? on 10:41 - Oct 13 with 1711 viewsJohnWarksTash

Any Monzo users here? on 10:30 - Oct 13 by Swailsey

I am already with Starling who were set up by the now CEO at Monzo I believe. They have a similar current account and have just introduced Goals where you can divide your current account into separate pots and move money into them to act as a savings account within your current account....its a nice way to manage your money. They are going to bring in the ability to assign direct debits and standing orders to specific pots at which point I will create Bills pot so I always know how much cash I have to spu*k on beer and pasties each month!
Any Monzo users here? on 10:43 - Oct 13 with 1700 viewsSwailsey

Any Monzo users here? on 10:41 - Oct 13 by JohnWarksTash

I am already with Starling who were set up by the now CEO at Monzo I believe. They have a similar current account and have just introduced Goals where you can divide your current account into separate pots and move money into them to act as a savings account within your current account....its a nice way to manage your money. They are going to bring in the ability to assign direct debits and standing orders to specific pots at which point I will create Bills pot so I always know how much cash I have to spu*k on beer and pasties each month!

It sounds too good to be true surely!?

Login to get fewer ads

Any Monzo users here? on 10:53 - Oct 13 with 1677 viewstrncbluearmy

Any Monzo users here? on 10:41 - Oct 13 by JohnWarksTash

Starling and Monzo really are two interesting beasts, embracing their communities and effectively running the business as a collective

Monzo are currently asking their account holders what these pots are going to be called.

The technology is miles ahead of the current banks

Monzo, and probably Starling ,have already turned down numerous buyout offers from the big banks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024