Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? 18:41 - Oct 13 with 4081 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure whether i'm annoyed over nothing or I have a point.

My old boiler was removed earlier, it's completed useless and it was left on the side of the road near my dad's van for about ten minutes. He went back outside and went to pick up the panel at the front of the boiler and a woman appeared shouting "LEAVE THAT ALONE, IT'S MINE!". Thinking it would save him a trip to the dump he let her take it and shortly afterwards a van pulled up and removed it.

Does leaving it on the street mean this is fair enough? I was at work. If someone had politely asked me for it i'd have thought good luck to you and happily let them take it. If someone had shouted that at me i'd have told them to fook off and taken it back out of pure stubbornness.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:41 - Oct 13 with 4066 viewsBlueBadger

Kidnapping elderly ladies is against the law.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 18:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:43 - Oct 13 with 4053 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:41 - Oct 13 by BlueBadger

Kidnapping elderly ladies is against the law.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 18:42]

Which is why I only kidnap ladies in the 25-35 range.

Truly impaired.

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:44 - Oct 13 with 4046 viewsBlueBadger

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:43 - Oct 13 by J2BLUE

Which is why I only kidnap ladies in the 25-35 range.

Did you ever study under Keno?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:44 - Oct 13 with 4044 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmmm. I don't think this J2BLUE persona you're persevering with works without Dolly as your counterfoil.

But to answer your point, if it's on the street it is fair game imo. You snooze, you lose, finders keepers losers weepers etc.

That being said, the woman sounds like a rusty chumbucket.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:45 - Oct 13 with 4036 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:44 - Oct 13 by BlueBadger

Did you ever study under Keno?

There's a reason you haven't seen him in ages...the world wasn't big enough for two of us.

Truly impaired.

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:46 - Oct 13 with 4031 viewsAdmiralFunge

Happens on the semi-regs, as I see it. Scrap metal and all that; essentially if it's saving your old man a trip to the tip, and you don't want it, it's kind of fair game.

Similar thing happens occasionally with larger items of furniture; doesn't tend to hang about, providing it's in good nick.

Everyone's a winner, or something.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 18:47]

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:48 - Oct 13 with 4016 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:46 - Oct 13 by AdmiralFunge

Happens on the semi-regs, as I see it. Scrap metal and all that; essentially if it's saving your old man a trip to the tip, and you don't want it, it's kind of fair game.

Similar thing happens occasionally with larger items of furniture; doesn't tend to hang about, providing it's in good nick.

Everyone's a winner, or something.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 18:47]

Hmm. Fair enough. Just my personality I guess whee if she'd have said that to me i'd have wanted to prove a point.

Truly impaired.

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:50 - Oct 13 with 4001 viewsAdmiralFunge

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:48 - Oct 13 by J2BLUE

Hmm. Fair enough. Just my personality I guess whee if she'd have said that to me i'd have wanted to prove a point.

True enough, altho it's perhaps a little unreasonable to expect a scrap metal scavenger to represent Little Lord Fauntleroy, when securing their wares.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 19:03 - Oct 13 with 3950 viewsbrogansnose

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 18:48 - Oct 13 by J2BLUE

That would have needled me her saying ' its mine' when its clearly not, Cheeky cow. Like you , if she'd have asked I would have given her the boiler but as she didn't............... Me being a stroppy git, would have told her to do one even if I didn't want to go and recycle it. Don't think its worth that much as scrap anyway.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 19:09]
Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 19:26 - Oct 13 with 3895 viewsFreddies_Ears

Not sure that "old boiler" is a politically correct way of describing Mrs J2BLUE.
Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 19:39 - Oct 13 with 3866 viewstextbackup

I left a few bits outside mine to put in the skip after I'd filled it with the hardcore etc, golf clubs (old sht Ones never used) and two old doors
Got home from work and they'd gone, I was pissed off for a good half hour, until missus said 'U were chucking them anyway you d1ck' - her point and description of me spot on, BUT I'd paid £170 for that skip, it was my rubbish to fill my skip with!
Lol

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 22:14 - Oct 13 with 3754 viewsNewcyBlue

I was moving out of my old house and went down to Ipswich for the weekend. The locals had obviously seen that I was moving out, and when I got home my empty 8 x 6 foot shed had been taken! Jarrow, what a place!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 22:48 - Oct 13 with 3703 viewsGodzilla

My council will pick up white goods/beds etc for free from the drive, but if you leave them out and some enterprising person takes it in advance due to effective surveillance I don't really care, it's gone and the Council are aware of the competition.
Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 23:03 - Oct 13 with 3680 viewsKieran_Knows

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 19:39 - Oct 13 by textbackup

I left a few bits outside mine to put in the skip after I'd filled it with the hardcore etc, golf clubs (old sht Ones never used) and two old doors
Got home from work and they'd gone, I was pissed off for a good half hour, until missus said 'U were chucking them anyway you d1ck' - her point and description of me spot on, BUT I'd paid £170 for that skip, it was my rubbish to fill my skip with!
Lol

Had a skip a few weeks ago whilst clearing out the property I’ve just brought, and we stuck in 4/5 old lampshades and an old shower pole in there (they were on the top as last things we’ve chucked out that evening) only to come back the next evening to find that they had indeed been taken! I can only presume there was some mental on the lampshade somewhere so that’s why they were taken as you genuinely wouldn’t want to have put them up in your property (and it had also p*ssed down that evening so they would have been soaked)!
[Post edited 13 Oct 2017 23:04]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 23:16 - Oct 13 with 3656 viewsnorth_stand77

No, it's theft.

Same as a skip, it's theft unless they have the owners permission to take stuff from it.
Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 23:25 - Oct 13 with 3639 viewsvapour_trail

Anything you put in the public highway is fair game in my view.

When I lived in London, anything I wanted shot of went on the pavement. First flat I bought, the toilet was minging. Did the bathroom up and put the old big white telephone on the pavement, gone within ten minutes, saved me a trip to the tip.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 23:58 - Oct 13 with 3606 viewsjeera

I'm with you.

I'd have cut off my nose to spite my face there, just on principle.

And dragged the thing by a piece of rope to the tip if I had to to make a point.*

*Crap. That sounds like the attitude of one or 2 particular posters on here.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it acceptable for people to take an old boiler without asking? on 00:23 - Oct 14 with 3583 viewsGuthrum

I always leave any scrap on top of the skip to stop anyone emptying it to find the stuff. Tho they seem to be politer in Salford than some other places (actually ask).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024