Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... 15:15 - Oct 14 with 55255 viewsdocklandsblue

I see we've got our own right wing firm now, what fun...blurred faces, bald heads, Stone Island and a Union Jack - text book b3ll3nds.

Frankly if I was the club I'd be having this away on the door prior to the scum game. Rightwing PR live on Sky is the last thing we need.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/football-lads-alliance-inside-far
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 15:19]
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:20 - Oct 14 with 5442 viewsmonytowbray

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:21 - Oct 14 with 5439 viewsSwansea_Blue

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 20:59 - Oct 14 by monytowbray

I've seen this photo without the blurred faces, was floating around last w/e, but obviously this account sharing it thought it looked "harder" to blur out the faces.

I know one of the lads in this photo as I've been to an away game with him. He's fresh of legal drinking age and I've never heard him say or seen him share anything online that would make me suspect he is of a more sinister motive going to the march in the first place.

My fear with the FLA is it is being used as a recruitment drive for actual right extremism groups such as whatever splinter Tommy Robinson is involved with this week and Britain First. It makes logical sense to be against "extremism", but when you allow that t1t to show up you're drawing a very risky line in the sand as to what you're actually angry about.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:28]

Your final paragraph is exactly the issue here. I wouldn't touch this group or it's marches with a barge pole because of its links to far right groups and 'celebrities'. And that's why people find it distasteful (to answer a question not directed at me).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:22 - Oct 14 with 5431 viewsmonytowbray

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:19 - Oct 14 by gtsb1966

They are hiding their faces ( in my opinion) because we aren't allowed to express our opinions from a British point of view without being regarded as racist.

As I said above, they weren't hiding anything. They're not wearing anything to cover their faces. The Twitter account in question blurred the faces. As far as every photo I saw last weekend they were more than happy to post photos and be tagged on FB by name.

See the original pic above.

TWTD never forgets…

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:27 - Oct 14 with 5399 viewsmonytowbray

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:21 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

Your final paragraph is exactly the issue here. I wouldn't touch this group or it's marches with a barge pole because of its links to far right groups and 'celebrities'. And that's why people find it distasteful (to answer a question not directed at me).

Same with me, I find the link with ITFC fans embarrassing for myself as I don't want to be associated. But I also firmly believe that due to the less blatant angle the FLA are taking to recruit numbers not everyone who went was a fascist. The bloke I know who went, as I said, has never done or said anything to my knowledge to make me consider he has any remotely right wing views. I firmly believe many people involved with this would be apolitical and just a bit misguided.

The blanket statements I'd make to an EDL, alt right or Britain First march are much less relevant here.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:35]

TWTD never forgets…

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:27 - Oct 14 with 5399 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:17 - Oct 14 by LankHenners

Right so you agree what you originally said was a load of guff, good.

As someone just pointed out names can be deliberately misleading. So no, nothing I stated was wrong
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:29 - Oct 14 with 5391 viewsfactual_blue

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 20:31 - Oct 14 by gtsb1966

Now we are getting somewhere. Tell me what the people in that photo have done that is bigoted or racist.

Well, they are part of this lot for a start, using a football theme to propagate racist and fascist views. And they are associating their sordid cause with Sir Alf, Sir Bobby and ITFC.

http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/2017/10/football-lads-alliance-the-far-right-

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:30 - Oct 14 with 5389 viewsvapour_trail

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:20 - Oct 14 by monytowbray

That's better.

My biggest problem with this is that they feel they've the right to employ two deceased legends of our club in an attempt to add authority to whatever they feel they are campaigning about. If they have the permission of the Ramsey and Robson families, then fair enough.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:30 - Oct 14 with 5382 viewsdocklandsblue

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:21 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t think right wing extremist recruitment is any different to Muslim extremist recruitment. It wouldn’t surprise me if both sets of people end up singing Dancing in the Moonlight in the van if you know what I mean.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:34]
Login to get fewer ads

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:30 - Oct 14 with 5382 viewsvapour_trail

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:05 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

Polls are anonymous. How many on here are openly out voters? Far, far less than openly remainers.

I don't believe that's correct.

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:35 - Oct 14 with 5368 viewsmonytowbray

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:30 - Oct 14 by vapour_trail

That's better.

My biggest problem with this is that they feel they've the right to employ two deceased legends of our club in an attempt to add authority to whatever they feel they are campaigning about. If they have the permission of the Ramsey and Robson families, then fair enough.

Yeah, I tweeted the same last weekend when I was seeing photos pop up.

I'm completely against the FLA but that's because I'm one who has took a second look between the lines and said "Hang on a minute". As I've stated in this thread the FLA at face value aren't a blatant right wing or anti-Muslim group, which is why I believe it's not fair to simply shout 'EVERYONE IN THIS PHOTO IS A FASCIST" like some in this thread have. And that's coming from the guy who according to a few on here calls anyone who disagrees with him a Nazi or something.

TWTD never forgets…

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:35 - Oct 14 with 5361 viewsvapour_trail

They are hiding their faces ( in my opinion) because we aren't allowed to express our opinions from a British point of view without being regarded as racist.

I don't buy that either. Call anyone out for bigotry and you're jumped on for shutting down debate. There's been a shift away from challenging racism in this country in recent years.

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:38 - Oct 14 with 5348 viewsgtsb1966

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:27 - Oct 14 by monytowbray

Same with me, I find the link with ITFC fans embarrassing for myself as I don't want to be associated. But I also firmly believe that due to the less blatant angle the FLA are taking to recruit numbers not everyone who went was a fascist. The bloke I know who went, as I said, has never done or said anything to my knowledge to make me consider he has any remotely right wing views. I firmly believe many people involved with this would be apolitical and just a bit misguided.

The blanket statements I'd make to an EDL, alt right or Britain First march are much less relevant here.

So much different in terms of age groups Callis . I've seen many posts on here regarding rents being high, lack of jobs,poor wages etc. Ask us oldies why this is and we're called racist. Our views are valid.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:40]
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:40 - Oct 14 with 5336 viewsmonytowbray

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:30 - Oct 14 by docklandsblue

I don’t think right wing extremist recruitment is any different to Muslim extremist recruitment. It wouldn’t surprise me if both sets of people end up singing Dancing in the Moonlight in the van if you know what I mean.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:34]

You're not wrong. I've always said all the extremists loons should be put on an island Battle Royale style in a reality show fight to the death. But then I realised after a while the remaining survivors they'd invent their own religion/race as one and continue fighting the rest of the world. The common theme of extremism and fascism is a superiority complex mixed with a hatred for anything different, and that goes for any side of the extremist fence.

However, I don't see what point your post is making. It still doesn't justify the FLA's existence or tactics.

TWTD never forgets…

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:41 - Oct 14 with 5332 viewsJ2BLUE

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:30 - Oct 14 by vapour_trail

I don't believe that's correct.

Fair enough. You've always been balanced and reasonable so I respect your view.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:44 - Oct 14 with 5320 viewsDarth_Koont

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 19:17 - Oct 14 by gtsb1966

This is why I haven't posted for a while and probably won't post in the future. Too many people on here cannot accept the views of others unless it falls into the mainstream of things. Even the moderators have been sucked in. This used to be a great site to debate but sadly not anymore.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 19:18]

Well debate this then. The FLA sound like racists to me, playing an empty populist card. I mean seriously, the FLA is "against extremism"??!! Who isn't?

The FLA is the result of the EDL failing to ignite anything but ridicule.

Pronouns: He/Him

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:45 - Oct 14 with 5317 viewsdocklandsblue

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:40 - Oct 14 by monytowbray

You're not wrong. I've always said all the extremists loons should be put on an island Battle Royale style in a reality show fight to the death. But then I realised after a while the remaining survivors they'd invent their own religion/race as one and continue fighting the rest of the world. The common theme of extremism and fascism is a superiority complex mixed with a hatred for anything different, and that goes for any side of the extremist fence.

However, I don't see what point your post is making. It still doesn't justify the FLA's existence or tactics.

What my original post? It made the point that If I was the club I wouldn’t want our club crest or former managers being associated with the FLA who are affiliated to right wing extremism. Particularly in a high profile week where it could easily become a news story. Not sure what bit of that is shrouded in mystery.
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:50 - Oct 14 with 5296 viewsmonytowbray

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:38 - Oct 14 by gtsb1966

So much different in terms of age groups Callis . I've seen many posts on here regarding rents being high, lack of jobs,poor wages etc. Ask us oldies why this is and we're called racist. Our views are valid.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:40]

Is immigration playing a part in lower wages? Hot potato but yes, it is one small factor of many much bigger factors IMO (which I CBA to go into right now as it's Saturday night and I'm off to chill with the GF).

However, it's come about with a demand for cheaper labour by exploitation of workers in less financially rewarding countries, be it moving the work there or bringing them here to do it.

I can't put that at the foot of anyone who wants to live here though. Immigrants did not raise rent and housing costs. Immigrants did not exploit the workforce to keep costs down...

...and most importantly, immigrants are not seeing the financial reward from these things. Immigration is not the reason we now have one of the biggest wealth divides in this country in living memory. My issue with how we tackle these problems is in large society will always point the finger down, partly because it's easier to do and partly because those above them insisted we blame someone else whilst they laugh all the way to the bank.

Dare I say, but a lot of what I say here is a small part of the root factors needed to understand why I have the political leanings I do.

TWTD never forgets…

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:53 - Oct 14 with 5282 viewsshoopdelang

People are all entitled to their opinions. And you should respect that. These people have not caused any trouble or problems. Judging people for not having hair and wearing stone island? How shallow of you.

If I judged someone on hair and clothes it could be seen as racist. Eg, if I made an assumption of what someone was like because they had a beard and wore long kurta.

I respect your opinion that you perceive this group to be right wing. But remember lots of others do not and support it because they believe it to stand for something different than what you do.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:54]
on 21:54 - Oct 14 with 5278 views_

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:27 - Oct 14 by monytowbray

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:54 - Oct 14 with 5273 viewsITFC_Forever

The Union jack is the vinyl de-cal on the side of the coach.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:56]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:57 - Oct 14 with 5260 viewsshoopdelang

on 21:54 - Oct 14 by _

You're spot on I think. Not everyone and probably majority are not racist. But as with any organisation certain people try and taint it for their own reasons ( whatever that may be )

I don't agree with the ignorant part however. As it's not a " fact " that this group is racist etc. Just a small minority who seem to be/it leans that way. And just because you support a group the sae as a political party Does not mean you agree with all policies.
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:58 - Oct 14 with 5256 viewstcblue

If you're worried about being branded a racist, maybe you're

/record scratch

A racist?

But enlighten me what you consider a British point of view to prove you're not
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:58 - Oct 14 with 5256 viewsgtsb1966

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:44 - Oct 14 by Darth_Koont

Well debate this then. The FLA sound like racists to me, playing an empty populist card. I mean seriously, the FLA is "against extremism"??!! Who isn't?

The FLA is the result of the EDL failing to ignite anything but ridicule.

They sound like racists to you....their card isn't empty is it.
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 22:02 - Oct 14 with 5232 viewsgtsb1966

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:58 - Oct 14 by tcblue

If you're worried about being branded a racist, maybe you're

/record scratch

A racist?

But enlighten me what you consider a British point of view to prove you're not

Tell me what in the 21st nanny century is a racist and bigot and I'll give you the answer.
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 22:07 - Oct 14 with 5218 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 22:02 - Oct 14 by gtsb1966

Tell me what in the 21st nanny century is a racist and bigot and I'll give you the answer.

anyone who thinks nation states / borders / rule of law / government, etc are a good idea
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024