Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... 15:15 - Oct 14 with 55171 viewsdocklandsblue

I see we've got our own right wing firm now, what fun...blurred faces, bald heads, Stone Island and a Union Jack - text book b3ll3nds.

Frankly if I was the club I'd be having this away on the door prior to the scum game. Rightwing PR live on Sky is the last thing we need.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/football-lads-alliance-inside-far
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 15:19]
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:42 - Oct 14 with 5829 viewsJ2BLUE

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:39 - Oct 14 by Clapham_Junction

The issue is not about giving people a platform, it's about how much weight is given to each argument by the media. If 97% of scientists state that climate change is a real thing, then they should get 97% of the airtime when the issue is discussed. For all its faults, Wikipedia handles this sort of thing quite well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Neutral_point_of_view#Due_and_undue_weig

I had no problem with Nick Griffin being on Question Time. Omitting him from the programme would have only served to make him a martyr in some people's eye. Like you say, better to have him on and expose him (and I think he was exposed as a rather nasty piece of work - I recall his comments on homosexuality in particular).

I think if we'd had a proportional electoral system and had UKIP in Westminster in significant numbers, they'd have been more greatly exposed for the buffoons that they are. Instead they're largely concentrated in the EU parliament where their general uselessness is too far away to be noticed.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 23:39]

If 97% of scientists state that climate change is a real thing, then they should get 97% of the airtime when the issue is discussed.

Totally agree. Your 3% for those with an opposing view seems to attract quite a lot of disagreement though from other posters.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:42 - Oct 14 with 5827 viewsjeera

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:40 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

IIRC Abu Hamza was one man standing on a street corner. The FLA have hijacked football including the name of our club as a cover for their true purpose. I'm simply suggesting we give groups like that enough rope to hang themselves on a one off basis.

There were 40,000 at the last march. Some, perhaps even most, will know the score and be ok with it. Others will really believe it's a case of football fans uniting against extremism. I think a thirty minute to one hour hatchet job would be beneficial. It seems i'm in the minority.

Not at all. I'm listening to what you're saying and I understand your point fully.

I'm just also sure that as this is an off the cuff chat that none of us have thought this all the way through either.

Like I say, it's a fair point you make.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:43 - Oct 14 with 5827 viewsJ2BLUE

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:41 - Oct 14 by syntaxerror

If the FLA were marching against all forms of extremism, it would be more acceptable.
But they aren't.
Their leaders are right wing extremists. and a lot of their followers are too.
Its just a cover story to entice people to the far right, just like the National Front did to football fans in the 80s.

That was my point. Expose them fully and completely for what they really are.

Truly impaired.

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:46 - Oct 14 with 5821 viewsJ2BLUE

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:42 - Oct 14 by jeera

Not at all. I'm listening to what you're saying and I understand your point fully.

I'm just also sure that as this is an off the cuff chat that none of us have thought this all the way through either.

Like I say, it's a fair point you make.

I respect your view. I just think it would be far more beneficial for people to see one of their leaders squirm and stutter their way through an hour or so of hard hitting questions and exposure from a decent interviewer than to ignore them. People on here are saying they've already been exposed. They have to people who take an interest in the news and read a range of decent sources. I can't imagine many attending the FLA marches are regular readers of the Guardian.

Truly impaired.

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:49 - Oct 14 with 5816 viewsClapham_Junction

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:42 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

If 97% of scientists state that climate change is a real thing, then they should get 97% of the airtime when the issue is discussed.

Totally agree. Your 3% for those with an opposing view seems to attract quite a lot of disagreement though from other posters.

In a way I can understand the reluctance though. If everyone is given a platform by the media, the media also need to challenge what is being said on that platform. Unfortunately, Channel 4 News aside, you rarely hear the media seriously challenge politicians when they spout rubbish. I gave up listening to the Today programme as I couldn't stand how people were allowed to get away with some pretty blatant lies and misrepresentation, which means some listeners will have gone away believing the claims being made.
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:54 - Oct 14 with 5785 viewsjeera

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:33 - Oct 14 by syntaxerror

How many people watch the BBC though?
I have seen some posters on here call then a communist propaganda mouthpiece.

The people we are talking about may well get more of their 'news' from the Daily Mail / Breitbart or social media feeds that tell them what they want to hear.

Lets face it, people want to hear what they want to hear.

"Lets face it, people want to hear what they want to hear."

I tend to agree with this. People feel vindicated when their views, however unpleasant they may appear to others, receive national exposure by the like-minded.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 00:05 - Oct 15 with 5754 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:05 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

Polls are anonymous. How many on here are openly out voters? Far, far less than openly remainers.

I am, I am also definitely not right wing and have no doubt the right wing are pulling plenty of FLA strings. Gtsb1966 pretty much accepts as much by saying this,

"Good post. I'd love to know ,and think it would be a lot more than people think, how those right wing beliefs sit with the British people."

I also have plenty of issues with the whole gross simplification of Brexit as a left/right thing by mainstream media which his successfully being utilised by the Right. It's just a shame that the ends of Muslim extremism and white nationalism are so mutually beneficial.....they must all be very pleased with themselves.......we should start a football supporters group against these extremists or something ! Oh, couldn't they all just beat themselves up and do us all a favour ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 00:09 - Oct 15 with 5743 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 20:49 - Oct 14 by FrowsyArmLarry

Because antifa aren’t anti fascist, they’re anti capitalist just like the current labour shadow cabinet. Sociopaths who want to use the fact that we are midway through a 20 year recession to brainwash the youth and permanently destroy the economy.

Oh God, the American right have landed !

Login to get fewer ads

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 00:15 - Oct 15 with 5729 viewssyntaxerror

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 00:09 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Oh God, the American right have landed !

They certainly have.
I am anti-fascist. I have scars on my face courtesy of the South African police in the early 90s from being whipped while protesting against apartheid.
Does that make me Antifa?
If anyone wants to defend the apartheid regime in South Africa to attack Antifa, please have a go here.
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 00:17 - Oct 15 with 5725 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:19 - Oct 14 by gtsb1966

They are hiding their faces ( in my opinion) because we aren't allowed to express our opinions from a British point of view without being regarded as racist.

So that's why they snuck a union jack into the picture.....so we vould be sure that they are expressing a "British point of view".......so could you tell me what the official British view is Gtsb?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 00:20 - Oct 15 with 5717 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 21:38 - Oct 14 by gtsb1966

So much different in terms of age groups Callis . I've seen many posts on here regarding rents being high, lack of jobs,poor wages etc. Ask us oldies why this is and we're called racist. Our views are valid.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 21:40]

If you blame that list on immigrants then at best you are misguided and at worst racist. Kick up the ladder not down it !

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 00:27 - Oct 15 with 5705 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 23:02 - Oct 14 by Jonnosdreadlocks

No blubbing here, I find it hilarious that you prove our point again and again. Care to explain why I should change my avatar? Let me guess, you consider me a Nazi/kkk/white supremacist judging from the insults hurled at me but wait my avatar is of a black man, You really are something else.

Is their more than one of you Mr dreadlocks ?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 03:38 - Oct 15 with 5639 viewsGiant_Midget

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 15:19 - Oct 14 by docklandsblue

[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 15:20]

I bet these are the same people behind the Marcus Evans out Facebook stuff
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 07:21 - Oct 15 with 5592 viewsimsureazzure

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 19:50 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

I think you're right, to a certain extent. I've found myself on the other side with Brexit etc and sometimes it's impossible to put your side across because the remainers are all queuing up to insult Brexiters' intelligence and pat each other on the back for it. With that said, you'd likely get a much better response than the like of hoofer who just refused to accept anything that was difficult to explain. For example, the FLA have strong links to right wing groups and Tommy Robinson is treated like a celebrity. Several right wing speeches were made at the marches etc. In the unlikely event this is different from those groups it looks very difficult for their supporters to explain it.

Blurring their faces sends a negative message. Perhaps they feel unfairly demonised and want protection from that. To most it will look like they're going to cause trouble and are protecting themselves from being identified for the wrong reasons.

Meanwhile extreme left wingers are controlling the labour party, what a sorry state the UK is in politically.
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:02 - Oct 15 with 5537 viewsGlasgowBlue

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 20:32 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

I'm not entertaining your trolling. Div listed.

I like you sprucey. I really do. But that’s a piss poor response and attitude.

The bloke asked a reasonable question. Your refusal to either reply or engage, then flounce off by hitting the div list button is almost Cottyesque in it’s execution.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 09:05 - Oct 15 with 5533 views_

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:02 - Oct 15 by GlasgowBlue

The bloke asked a reasonable question. Your refusal to either reply or engage, then flounce off by hitting the div list button is almost Cottyesque in it’s execution.

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:18 - Oct 15 with 5510 viewsGlasgowBlue

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 22:51 - Oct 14 by syntaxerror

Moose, this doesn't help to be honest.
I really doubt Mr Dreadlocks is a nazi. Maybe just a simple Britain first, EDL, NF fella.
We should not use the word nazi for every far right wing loon. Racist will suffice.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 22:53]

And herein lies the problem of the social media age.

Terms like ‘racist’, ‘Nazi’, ‘far-right’ have been thrown around far too casually for the last 10 or 15 years. Call everybody a racist and a Nazi who has a different opinion to our own and the words become meaningless. Normal people see the term thrown at people who voted Brexit, Trump or for a party like UKIP. Whatever else you might think of them the majority of these people are not Nazis or racists.

This dilutes the terms because we all know people who voted UKIP or for Brexit, I voted for the lattre, and we know these people are not Nazis or racists. Now if we call everyone a Nazi then no one is a Nazi. And when a real Nazi or racist stands for election we are naturally going to be immune to the term and when we challenge them on their views people are going to shake their head and say they heard it all before.

Iron Lion Zion

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:22 - Oct 15 with 5500 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 09:05 - Oct 15 by _

He is a former poster. Not somebody who currently posts and was being baited across three different threads about something he said in an unrelated thread. Completely different but hey ho.

Anyway, did you your holiday mate?

Iron Lion Zion

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:30 - Oct 15 with 5485 viewsITFC_Forever

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 00:17 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

So that's why they snuck a union jack into the picture.....so we vould be sure that they are expressing a "British point of view".......so could you tell me what the official British view is Gtsb?

The Union Jack is clearly part of the pattern on the side of the coach.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:31 - Oct 15 with 5476 viewsIpswich_Loyal

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:02 - Oct 15 by GlasgowBlue

6 pages deep and I'm another one still awaiting his answer. Reasonable question I thought.
This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:34 - Oct 15 with 5470 viewsartsbossbeard

I know 12 March attendees reasonably well. 8, I'd class as Good Ol Boys, who felt their attendance would make a difference. The other 4 have all been involved in EDL style activities previously.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

on 09:35 - Oct 15 with 5459 views_

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:22 - Oct 15 by GlasgowBlue

He is a former poster. Not somebody who currently posts and was being baited across three different threads about something he said in an unrelated thread. Completely different but hey ho.

Anyway, did you your holiday mate?

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:44 - Oct 15 with 5431 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:30 - Oct 15 by ITFC_Forever

The Union Jack is clearly part of the pattern on the side of the coach.

It's what drew them to take their picture there then......anyway it's the "British point of view" that I am curious about !

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:47 - Oct 15 with 5425 viewsSwailsey

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 19:26 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

If the FLA are a peaceful organisation like we keep hearing, why are their faces blurred?

This, always this.

It’s just a sham.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 09:56 - Oct 15 with 5402 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 09:35 - Oct 15 by _

I’m afraid I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one mate. And I shall explain why.

The comment I made, some four or five months ago, was in response to you chasing Benters across three or four threads relating to everything from football to cheese, over a distasteful remark he made about Barry Manilow.

I am simply comparing sprucey’s refual to engage, then hit the div list button, to the style of a former poster. I would say it is very similar to a thread where you crossed swords with Dolly (oops I’ve mentioned a former poster) and you said something like how nuclear a thread would go if Callis (b*gger I’ve done it again) and Dolly (doh!) ever decided to have a row. Callis (double doh) at the time was on a sabbatical and there was absolutely nothing wrong with you making the remark.

Anyway, I doubt we agree on this.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024