Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road 13:49 - Oct 15 with 27948 viewsSwailsey

I am.

*runs*

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 13:46 - Oct 16 with 2578 viewsgordon

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 09:26 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

That's interesting but a slightly different point to water consumption. All very valid though.

Do you have any articles/papers on what the effect on GHG emissions will be if everyone became vegetarian and we had to increase the production of veggies for everyone? There would certainly be an effect but would be interesting to see that versus current emissions from the farming industry. Would also be interesting to see the same for water consumption.

Obviously not your job to find all that information so if you don't have it to hand then don't worry and don't go searching for it - spend your time more wisely :).

SB

There are diminishing returns to reduced meat consumption (in GHG terms) certainly, there'll be some areas where extensive rearing of animals has little GHG effect or positive effect, particularly in silviculture systems, like the Spanish Dehesa landscape (where Iberia ham comes from). The question for complete abatement, for GHG emissions anyway, would be highly influenced by what happened to the extra land available - different assumptions could yield quite different results. No more time at the mo, sorry!
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 13:47 - Oct 16 with 2571 viewsStirlingArcher

If the pizza guys are welsh, it's Vegan Pizza Co. (one guy with dreads and a studio Ghibli tattoo sleeve) - their pizza is tasty. But fecking expensive for what you get.
Don't know if Mex it Up go that far East, if so their stuff is pretty damn tasty too.
Unless Raw Hardcore - do the best vegan Baked Cheesecake this side of anywhere.
Vegan Cakery are pretty damn good too, they often sell out before most other stalls

however Callis - are you pro or anti GM foods? Don't think I ever figured that last time
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 13:48]
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 15:44 - Oct 16 with 2531 viewsHarry_Palmer

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 13:28 - Oct 16 by north_stand77

If you are in sunny Suffolk at all, try The Walnut Tree at Scole on the A140 or The Red Lion at Gt Bricett. We regularly go with a mix of veggie and meat-eating friends and we all love the tasty clean food that's served.

The veggie Red Lion is excellent. Recently went with the other half and had their Vegan mushroom wellington which was very very good, hard to believe it contained no dairy at all.

I would challenge any meat eater to eat this and not enjoy it ( unless you don't like mushrooms of course! ).
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 18:25 - Oct 16 with 2484 viewsTrequartista

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 15:56 - Oct 15 by monytowbray

Mentioning meat in a vegan discussion. That's original and clever, I believe you are the first person ever in the history of the internet to do that.

Blimey.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:03 - Oct 16 with 2451 viewsnorth_stand77

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 15:44 - Oct 16 by Harry_Palmer

The veggie Red Lion is excellent. Recently went with the other half and had their Vegan mushroom wellington which was very very good, hard to believe it contained no dairy at all.

I would challenge any meat eater to eat this and not enjoy it ( unless you don't like mushrooms of course! ).

The previous landlady was at the Red Lion for several years and we went fairly regularly. She started it from scratch and the menu was fantastic. She moved to The Walnut Tree a few months ago and took some of her popular dishes with her, the mushroom Wellington being one of them.

She used to also do a wonderful Stilton, chestnut and mushroom pie but they seem to do mainly vegan now. Definitely worth a try. It's great having 2 veggie places to eat now!
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:18 - Oct 16 with 2442 viewsmos

Gosh, this has turned into such a sad thread...
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 21:18]

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:36 - Oct 16 with 2428 viewsHarry_Palmer

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:18 - Oct 16 by mos

Gosh, this has turned into such a sad thread...
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 21:18]

Well thanks ever so much for your input.

Now let me think, what could you possibly do about this......errr......I know, how about you feck off to another thread that is a bit more to your liking?
Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:40 - Oct 16 with 2420 viewsDubtractor

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 21:03 - Oct 16 by north_stand77

The previous landlady was at the Red Lion for several years and we went fairly regularly. She started it from scratch and the menu was fantastic. She moved to The Walnut Tree a few months ago and took some of her popular dishes with her, the mushroom Wellington being one of them.

She used to also do a wonderful Stilton, chestnut and mushroom pie but they seem to do mainly vegan now. Definitely worth a try. It's great having 2 veggie places to eat now!

A load of us went to the walnut tree in the summer and it was very good.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 02:04 - Oct 17 with 2377 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone at the Vegan fair at Portman Road on 05:23 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

Possibly dull but a fair post. I certainly hadn't the time to independently verify all the numbers in the chart, was just finding a source for J2.

How does portion size matter when the water is per pound (Imperial) of meat? That is water for a defined portion size. I also said beef was far more widely eaten.

SB

Yeah agreed, you covered the portion size thing by saying more meat was produced/consumed. I was just reinforcing the point as the stats comparisons are per unit weight, but a lower weight of almonds are eaten/needed, which obviously affects total water footprint. It's obvious, but often overlooked when things are normalised to 'water per pound'.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024