Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia with Simon Reeve 18:11 - Oct 15 with 2983 viewsgordon

3 episodes on the iplayer, really excellent. There's a slight whiff of Louis Theroux about his demeanour. Visited v interesting bits of Russia and met interesting people.
Russia with Simon Reeve on 18:15 - Oct 15 with 2967 viewsDubtractor

Will give it a look, have enjoyed the other stuff of his I've seen.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Russia with Simon Reeve on 18:21 - Oct 15 with 2953 viewsWeWereZombies

Downloaded the last one from the iPlayer earlier, enjoyed the first two and piqued my interest for a long planned and much delayed Trans-Siberian Express journey (yes, I know that there are many Trans-Siberians meaning there is not 'one'). I am wondering if you get as much hassle as a sad old bloke with a backpack as you do as a TV personality with a camera crew in tow - or whether you just get disappeared.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 18:22]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Russia with Simon Reeve on 21:09 - Oct 15 with 2838 viewsBent_double

He comes out with some pretty anti-Putin stuff in the last one, I'm surprised he made it safely out of the country!

Great stuff from him though, bit more run-of-the-mill than Levison's program a few weeks ago.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:21 - Oct 16 with 2729 viewsartsbossbeard

Russia with Simon Reeve on 21:09 - Oct 15 by Bent_double

He comes out with some pretty anti-Putin stuff in the last one, I'm surprised he made it safely out of the country!

Great stuff from him though, bit more run-of-the-mill than Levison's program a few weeks ago.

I watched another programme recently the focused on the tearing down of the old tenements in Moscow to make way for new apartments for the uber rich and powerful who want to live in touching distance of downtown Moscow. Simon Reeves show kinda touched on this with the young lass who was arrested for protesting.

Displacement of '000s, no right to appeal & also, no guaranteed housing for those effected. You can change the badge but not The State, seemingly.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:25 - Oct 16 with 2727 viewsWeWereZombies

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:21 - Oct 16 by artsbossbeard

I watched another programme recently the focused on the tearing down of the old tenements in Moscow to make way for new apartments for the uber rich and powerful who want to live in touching distance of downtown Moscow. Simon Reeves show kinda touched on this with the young lass who was arrested for protesting.

Displacement of '000s, no right to appeal & also, no guaranteed housing for those effected. You can change the badge but not The State, seemingly.

Except that changing the badge removes the most basic of social care - the hospital facing closure in the backwoods (well what remains of them after the illegal logging) being a case in point.

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:30 - Oct 16 with 2721 viewsartsbossbeard

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:25 - Oct 16 by WeWereZombies

Except that changing the badge removes the most basic of social care - the hospital facing closure in the backwoods (well what remains of them after the illegal logging) being a case in point.

That's a fair point, indeed.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:39 - Oct 16 with 2708 viewshype313

Russia with Simon Reeve on 21:09 - Oct 15 by Bent_double

I was also shocked with a lot of the anti Putin stuff too! Quite telling when he said essentially Putin has told the nation that he will give them jobs, a little bit of security, a bit of money to buy some westernised products, but don't question the regime, and quite rightly so people are now asking questions, especially where the wealth has gone.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:56 - Oct 16 with 2684 viewsSteve_M

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:39 - Oct 16 by hype313

I was also shocked with a lot of the anti Putin stuff too! Quite telling when he said essentially Putin has told the nation that he will give them jobs, a little bit of security, a bit of money to buy some westernised products, but don't question the regime, and quite rightly so people are now asking questions, especially where the wealth has gone.

I'm guessing he won't be going back to Russia for a while.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Russia with Simon Reeve on 09:00 - Oct 16 with 2675 viewsWeWereZombies

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:56 - Oct 16 by Steve_M

I'm guessing he won't be going back to Russia for a while.

You never know, Putin may pull him back in to show him how wrong he was. John Simpson has made a career of getting invites from despots who want to 'put the record straight'.

Russia with Simon Reeve on 09:21 - Oct 16 with 2652 viewsStokieBlue

Russia with Simon Reeve on 08:21 - Oct 16 by artsbossbeard

To be fair, in St. Petersburg, when they tear down the old soviet housing they do give you a replacement.

Might have changed in the last 5 years though.

Whilst being a beautiful and interesting country, Russia has a multitude of internal issues which it refuses to look at.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024