Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. 07:35 - Oct 16 with 44909 viewsamy73

Having seen virtually every game this season, I think we have a decent squad of players (some real gems in there) but there is something deeply wrong with the following:

training
Fitness and Injuries
selection
formation
tactics
substitutions

None of these problems - none of them at all - are down to Marcus. Blame him for the catering if you like, but not this.

I truly believe with a better manager, we could be top of the league. With Mick, I think it can never happen, because I just don't think he and TC have the ability to manage at a high level.

I hope Marcus acts sooner rather than later. I know he has been at most games this season so he can't be blind to this. I hope he is starting to look for a replacement now.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 7:42]
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 10:41 - Oct 17 with 7359 viewsNo9

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 12:44 - Oct 16 by RegencyBlue

Or if I don't like the way he runs the club I don't bother to go anymore - which appears to be the option taken by thousands of ex season ticket holders!

That, of course, is the supporters option.
&, when team management go to the radio to say they have the best squad in the division
team management must take some responsibility for what is seen on the field of play
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 10:45 - Oct 17 with 7350 viewsPJH

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 10:41 - Oct 17 by No9

&, when team management go to the radio to say they have the best squad in the division
team management must take some responsibility for what is seen on the field of play

Not sure if you are suggesting that MM has said that he has the best squad in the division but if so I don't think he has.
I think he has said that when all fit this is the best squad that he has had at ITFC.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 10:53 - Oct 17 with 7339 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 10:45 - Oct 17 by PJH

Not sure if you are suggesting that MM has said that he has the best squad in the division but if so I don't think he has.
I think he has said that when all fit this is the best squad that he has had at ITFC.

Yes, but don't let facts get in the way, PJH.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 12:49 - Oct 17 with 7306 viewsLeoMuff

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 10:41 - Oct 17 by No9

They have to say that don't they, it is clearly nowhere near the best squad in the division, and hardly surprising when £5-10 million is regularly spent on one player

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 13:29 - Oct 17 with 7285 viewsKeaneish

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 07:44 - Oct 16 by davblue

We are nowhere near a top of the table team.

We have some journeymen players coupled with some young players.

We are in a rebuild season and hopefully building a platform for us to go from in future years. Whether Mick is here or not next year, they will have a better base from which to build from than before last summer.

We are a mid table side, Evans let it drift financially for 18 months at least and we are now in the process of playing catch up. 2015 was the time to back Mick as we had the basis of a decent side, but he tried to do it on the cheap and we regressed.

How is this a rebuild season? Just because we blood more youth and we've spent a bit more cash doesn't mean its a rebuild. Sounds like yet another excuse to paper over MM's misgivings to me, of which there is along line of!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 15:27 - Oct 17 with 7256 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 20:10 - Oct 16 by horsehollerer

Then by that token Tom Lawrence is also a journeyman because he has played for Man Utd, Carlisle, Yeovil, Leicester, Rotherham, Blackburn, Cardiff, Ipswich and Derby.
Personally I think of journeymen as entering the twilight of their careers.

Lawrence has only had 3 permanent clubs though (2 when he was with us), so is a bit different I’d say. As I alluded to when mentioning Huws it’s not unusual for youngsters to have several loan spells these days

Waghorn on the other hand has been around a few clubs permanently, and never really yet found a natural home - so pretty much the definition of journeyman for me

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 18:17 - Oct 17 with 7220 viewsBenters

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 13:29 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

How is this a rebuild season? Just because we blood more youth and we've spent a bit more cash doesn't mean its a rebuild. Sounds like yet another excuse to paper over MM's misgivings to me, of which there is along line of!

Christ on a bike do those clappers still believe this is a rebuild season !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 18:30 - Oct 17 with 7214 viewsnoggin

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 18:17 - Oct 17 by Benters

Christ on a bike do those clappers still believe this is a rebuild season !

Every season since 2001 has been a rebuild season.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 18:33 - Oct 17 with 7209 viewstiptreeblue

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:32 - Oct 17 by PJH

Oh right,so when you said his favourites you did not actually mean those that usually get suspected as being his favourites but you meant new signings.All clear now.

Chambers, Smith, Webster and Skuse all signed this year did they?. sorry i didn`t realise that
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 18:40 - Oct 17 with 7199 viewsPJH

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 18:33 - Oct 17 by tiptreeblue

Chambers, Smith, Webster and Skuse all signed this year did they?. sorry i didn`t realise that

Skuse has not been injured,Smith is not back in the starting team,Chambers started the season then missed a few games then back, Webster has not been accused by anyone that I know of of being a MM favourite although he should be because he is one of our best players.

Most of the players that have been/are injured are new signings.
Sorry you did not realise that.

Your post originally said that MM has got his favourites back into the side after injury, I still do not understand who these favourites are.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 18:48 - Oct 17 with 7194 viewstractorboy1978

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 19:40 - Oct 16 by tiptreeblue

But that craft and energy were from when MM couldn`t pick his favourite players because of injury. now they are back the team is reverting back to how they played last year

Anyone talking about this season so far in the same breath as last season has either lost the plot or is being ridiculously disingenuous. Last season was absolute toilet, the worst in my 20 years of attending Portman Road. Watching Skuse and Douglas line up next to each other week after week regardless of the opposition.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 22:01 - Oct 17 with 7152 views3_5_2

Cutting to the core of the problem

Good luck with this one Amy

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 22:07 - Oct 17 with 7144 viewsClausThomsen

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:33 - Oct 17 by LeoMuff

third season ? We finished 6 th and 7th in two of them, not bad for now plan. You are clueless.

This is the third season he doesn't have a plan A.

The first season was Sears on the wing and Gerken in goal.
The second season was Douglas in midfield then an encouraging 532.
The third season is this one, where he says pre-season that we'll be 442, then we get beat by Charlton 6-1 so he changes it to a 532, then a 442 with strikers on the wings (with fit wingers in the squad), now he's back to matching up.

We haven't finished 6th in any of those seasons. And we finished umpteenth in the last one.

But you just wanted to call a stranger clueless.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 22:36 - Oct 17 with 7115 viewsvapour_trail

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 22:07 - Oct 17 by ClausThomsen

The third season is this one, where he says pre-season that we'll be 442, then we get beat by Charlton 6-1 so he changes it to a 532, then a 442 with strikers on the wings (with fit wingers in the squad), now he's back to matching up.

We haven't finished 6th in any of those seasons. And we finished umpteenth in the last one.

Nice to have you back Claus, you were mysteriously absent for the start of the season.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:16 - Oct 18 with 7069 viewsitfcjoe

We are matching up in some away games, as a lot of teams do - especially against in form teams.

Jose Mourinho took a squad that cost £500m to a Liverpool side with 1 win in 8 on Saturday and totally parked the bus, Mick goes to an in form Sheffield United who are flying at home and matches up against them and is seen as such a big deal.

Some ITFC fans need to get outside of the ITFC bubble and look at the game more broadly.

Last season was rubbish, the loss of Murphy was stupid and ended predictably badly - was poor from the club - but that season has gone - we are trying to move on our style, have recruited well, are integrating youngsters and it'll be an up and down season but whoever is in charge next year will benefit from the work Mick is currently doing - a return to the negative atmosphere will benefit no-one except the ego's of the the people who can't stand Mick so that they can be happy when he is sacked but f*ck the position the club is actually in which will see that happen.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 09:06 - Oct 18 with 7058 viewsblueblood66

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:40 - Oct 16 by Reuser_is_God

By realising the OP is a total div & not bothering?

I wish he would
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 09:21 - Oct 18 with 7050 viewsBenters

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 18:30 - Oct 17 by noggin

Every season since 2001 has been a rebuild season.

Yaay ..

Gentlybentley

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 00:21 - Oct 19 with 6987 viewsCurrie10

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 22:36 - Oct 17 by vapour_trail

Nice to have you back Claus, you were mysteriously absent for the start of the season.

A lot went completely absent when we won 5 in a row.

A lot are back in force now we've lost 5/7.

Unfortunately, people feel the need to write / comment more when things are going badly. I get that though, human nature. I think many were seeing if we could continue, expecting the bubble to burst.

What I will say is we cannot continually mess around with system upon system and expect to do anything this season.

I think we've recruited well this summer for once. Filled some of the gaping holes. Garner was ridiculed when signed, however I think he's shut a lot up and is exactly the kind of player we badly missed last season.

The kids are certainly promising. Mick doesn't get the credit he deserves for giving the youngsters a go at times. They do have to perform in order to get more gametime - zero point shoving them in if not good enough.

How will we do this season? No idea. However I'm excited to find out. I swear to god many are more happy when we lose than win to say ' told you ' ... ' Dino ' etc.

Would be great to finally beat the green and yellow Sunday....
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 05:50 - Oct 19 with 6969 viewsBenters

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 00:21 - Oct 19 by Currie10

A lot went completely absent when we won 5 in a row.

A lot are back in force now we've lost 5/7.

Unfortunately, people feel the need to write / comment more when things are going badly. I get that though, human nature. I think many were seeing if we could continue, expecting the bubble to burst.

What I will say is we cannot continually mess around with system upon system and expect to do anything this season.

I think we've recruited well this summer for once. Filled some of the gaping holes. Garner was ridiculed when signed, however I think he's shut a lot up and is exactly the kind of player we badly missed last season.

The kids are certainly promising. Mick doesn't get the credit he deserves for giving the youngsters a go at times. They do have to perform in order to get more gametime - zero point shoving them in if not good enough.

How will we do this season? No idea. However I'm excited to find out. I swear to god many are more happy when we lose than win to say ' told you ' ... ' Dino ' etc.

Would be great to finally beat the green and yellow Sunday....

Utter rubbish .

You are always going to get people saying i told you so if we win or lose.

This is a football forum isnt it? You know people hold different views.

22k Sunday and the score will be 1.1.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 5:51]

Gentlybentley

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 20:34 - Oct 19 with 6909 viewsClausThomsen

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:16 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

We are matching up in some away games, as a lot of teams do - especially against in form teams.

Jose Mourinho took a squad that cost £500m to a Liverpool side with 1 win in 8 on Saturday and totally parked the bus, Mick goes to an in form Sheffield United who are flying at home and matches up against them and is seen as such a big deal.

Some ITFC fans need to get outside of the ITFC bubble and look at the game more broadly.

Last season was rubbish, the loss of Murphy was stupid and ended predictably badly - was poor from the club - but that season has gone - we are trying to move on our style, have recruited well, are integrating youngsters and it'll be an up and down season but whoever is in charge next year will benefit from the work Mick is currently doing - a return to the negative atmosphere will benefit no-one except the ego's of the the people who can't stand Mick so that they can be happy when he is sacked but f*ck the position the club is actually in which will see that happen.

Mick matched up for almost all of 2016, it's more of a go-to tactic than a one-off.

We didn't match up when we played 532 and we didn't lose through that whole initial run. I thought this season would be based on building on that encouraging run of form. The most encouraging run since the playoff season.

We only needed to add goals, which we have, so why it's been abandoned I've no idea.

Maybe the 4231 with Adeyemi and other players back will be our plan A, and the signs were encouraging to be fair.

I'm trying to keep my powder dry but strikers on the wings, worrying amount of defeats and especially goals conceded, with a lil matching up on the rocks just brings my face closer to my palm.

Hope we thump Norwich
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 20:46 - Oct 19 with 6893 viewsjas0999

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 07:44 - Oct 16 by davblue

We are nowhere near a top of the table team.

We have some journeymen players coupled with some young players.

We are in a rebuild season and hopefully building a platform for us to go from in future years. Whether Mick is here or not next year, they will have a better base from which to build from than before last summer.

We are a mid table side, Evans let it drift financially for 18 months at least and we are now in the process of playing catch up. 2015 was the time to back Mick as we had the basis of a decent side, but he tried to do it on the cheap and we regressed.

Great post. Okay summer of investment, but damage done previously with little to no investment for 24 months. As you say it’s catch up - snd we are a long way from doing so.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 20:59 - Oct 19 with 6876 viewsLeoMuff

Well you have squeezed in as many negatives as possible to justify your point there haven’t you, I’m not sure why you feel changing formations means no plan A but hey ho.

I’m not counting a “season” that is 12 games old myself, so in the last 3 we finished 16th, 7th and 6th, fyi.

The only Muff in Town.

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 21:47 - Oct 19 with 6856 viewsClausThomsen

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 20:59 - Oct 19 by LeoMuff

Well you have squeezed in as many negatives as possible to justify your point there haven’t you, I’m not sure why you feel changing formations means no plan A but hey ho.

I’m not counting a “season” that is 12 games old myself, so in the last 3 we finished 16th, 7th and 6th, fyi.

I didn't say "the last 3 seasons".

I said "this is the third season"

Which means this season and the 2 before. 2 plus 1 equals 3. The third season.

I see you've still been up-arrowed by the twtd resident rocket scientist.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 21:59 - Oct 19 with 6840 viewsPJH

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 21:47 - Oct 19 by ClausThomsen

Rommy has got a job now then.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 22:13 - Oct 19 with 6822 viewsLeoMuff

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 21:47 - Oct 19 by ClausThomsen

Ok mystic meg, guess if we have a decent season in season “3” you will be admitting we had a plan, same as we did in your season “1 “ when we finished 7th.

Just to be clear.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 6:37]

The only Muff in Town.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024