Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. 07:35 - Oct 16 with 45238 viewsamy73

Having seen virtually every game this season, I think we have a decent squad of players (some real gems in there) but there is something deeply wrong with the following:

training
Fitness and Injuries
selection
formation
tactics
substitutions

None of these problems - none of them at all - are down to Marcus. Blame him for the catering if you like, but not this.

I truly believe with a better manager, we could be top of the league. With Mick, I think it can never happen, because I just don't think he and TC have the ability to manage at a high level.

I hope Marcus acts sooner rather than later. I know he has been at most games this season so he can't be blind to this. I hope he is starting to look for a replacement now.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 7:42]
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 07:41 - Oct 16 with 14161 viewsBenters

Yeah but we are lucky to have Mick!

All of the other Championship clubs would love a manager like Mick.

I just hope he doesnt get another two years here !

Mick Out!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 07:44 - Oct 16 with 14154 viewsdavblue

We are nowhere near a top of the table team.

We have some journeymen players coupled with some young players.

We are in a rebuild season and hopefully building a platform for us to go from in future years. Whether Mick is here or not next year, they will have a better base from which to build from than before last summer.

We are a mid table side, Evans let it drift financially for 18 months at least and we are now in the process of playing catch up. 2015 was the time to back Mick as we had the basis of a decent side, but he tried to do it on the cheap and we regressed.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 07:57 - Oct 16 with 14109 viewsartsbossbeard

I truly believe with a better manager, we could be top of the league.

I reckon you're on your own with this, Amy.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:09 - Oct 16 with 14072 viewsReuser_is_God

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 07:44 - Oct 16 by davblue

We are in a rebuild season and hopefully building a platform for us to go from in future years. Whether Mick is here or not next year, they will have a better base from which to build from than before last summer.

We are a mid table side, Evans let it drift financially for 18 months at least and we are now in the process of playing catch up. 2015 was the time to back Mick as we had the basis of a decent side, but he tried to do it on the cheap and we regressed.

Agree with all that.

Except form the journeymen players bit, what journeymen players do we currently have in our squad? I can count a grand total of 0.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:20 - Oct 16 with 14008 viewsSomethingBlue

Where to begin with this ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:27 - Oct 16 with 13982 viewsNo9

These things are certainly very obvious problems & I agree net somethign you would expect the owner to be able to deal with

training
Fitness and Injuries
selection
formation
tactics
substitutions
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:29 - Oct 16 with 13981 viewsnoggin

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 07:44 - Oct 16 by davblue

"We are in a rebuild season" Jeez, how many of these have we had since Evans arrived? People say it every bloody season.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 8:32]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:37 - Oct 16 with 13954 viewsitfcjoe

Utterly delusional.

No manager is going to ever succeed here if some supporters can't understand what we are up against in this division with the funding model we have.

It's getting to the stage where Mick may as well just walk away, because there is so much irrational dislike of him here when he is doing a good job with what he has at his disposal.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:40 - Oct 16 with 13930 viewsReuser_is_God

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:20 - Oct 16 by SomethingBlue

Where to begin with this ...

By realising the OP is a total div & not bothering?

Evans out

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:42 - Oct 16 with 13911 viewsStirlingArcher

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:37 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

Utterly delusional.

No manager is going to ever succeed here if some supporters can't understand what we are up against in this division with the funding model we have.

It's getting to the stage where Mick may as well just walk away, because there is so much irrational dislike of him here when he is doing a good job with what he has at his disposal.

"but i've got Ipswich to the Champions League on FM17.. So I know how to Manage a football club, I know tactics and budgets etc..."
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:42 - Oct 16 with 13912 viewshype313

What is it about the training that you have seen that is sub standard?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:48 - Oct 16 with 13899 viewschicoazul

Utterly delusional.

But....is he? People keep saying that. I certainly believed it for a while. But our form for the last 18 months has been awful, we always have 5 or 6 injuries which may or may not be to do with things like training and rehab, we see a different formation every couple of weeks which I accept could be down to said injuries, and have we honestly seen any player improve in the last 18 months? I can think of Jonas.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:49 - Oct 16 with 13888 viewsartsbossbeard

Utterly delusional.

When Mick does go, I do fear for his replacement straight away.

If he's not deemed as "fit to be an ITFC Manager" on appointment and then not deliver a couple of wins straight away, then he's heading down the same route as Mick with some of our support.

Should Mick leave before Christmas, are they board likely to take a chance on an up-and-coming, young manager? I'd suspect not. Expect a dog-of-war type who, strangely enough, sees this role as simply a job and not the creation of memories and wonderful footballing nights under the floodlights that some crave for still.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:50 - Oct 16 with 13875 viewschicoazul

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:49 - Oct 16 by artsbossbeard

When Mick does go, I do fear for his replacement straight away.

If he's not deemed as "fit to be an ITFC Manager" on appointment and then not deliver a couple of wins straight away, then he's heading down the same route as Mick with some of our support.

Should Mick leave before Christmas, are they board likely to take a chance on an up-and-coming, young manager? I'd suspect not. Expect a dog-of-war type who, strangely enough, sees this role as simply a job and not the creation of memories and wonderful footballing nights under the floodlights that some crave for still.

It'll be Pardew, Karanka or Nigel Pearson.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:52 - Oct 16 with 13861 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:50 - Oct 16 by chicoazul

It'll be Pardew, Karanka or Nigel Pearson.

Kenny Jackett was my guess in the summer.

EDIT - as for Karanka, people would cream themselves with the thought of us getting him in as he's from abroad, but the fact is he plays worse football than Mick does!
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:53 - Oct 16 with 13850 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:09 - Oct 16 by Reuser_is_God

Agree with all that.

Except form the journeymen players bit, what journeymen players do we currently have in our squad? I can count a grand total of 0.

Waghorn would be one - but yeah we don’t have many

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:55 - Oct 16 with 13830 viewsdavblue

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:29 - Oct 16 by noggin

"We are in a rebuild season" Jeez, how many of these have we had since Evans arrived? People say it every bloody season.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 8:32]

Genuinely think we are.

You don't go from 17th or wherever we were to top 2 without major investment and even then it doesn't really happen.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:57 - Oct 16 with 13813 viewsReuser_is_God

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:53 - Oct 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Waghorn would be one - but yeah we don’t have many

Why is he a journeyman? Only played for 4 clubs in his career.

For me a journeyman is someone that is approaching the end of his career & is just going from club to club every year or 2.

Evans out

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:57 - Oct 16 with 13807 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:57 - Oct 16 by Reuser_is_God

For me a journeyman is someone that is approaching the end of his career & is just going from club to club every year or 2.

See Leroy Lita towards the end of his career.

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:58 - Oct 16 with 13800 viewschristiand

Personally, think they are both culpable. Until both are moved on, then sadly we'll just drift along rudderless. Appreciate that getting them both to leave is easier said than done!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:59 - Oct 16 with 13791 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:57 - Oct 16 by Reuser_is_God

We’re his fifth permanent club and he’s played for 8 in total...

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:59 - Oct 16 with 13794 viewsdavblue

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:09 - Oct 16 by Reuser_is_God

Agree with all that.

Waghorn, Garner, Spence, Adeyemi, all have had a number of clubs.
Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:59 - Oct 16 with 13791 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 07:57 - Oct 16 by artsbossbeard

I truly believe with a better manager, we could be top of the league.

I reckon you're on your own with this, Amy.

Was it busy on here Saturday? I wasn't around Saturday night, so may have missed a thread!

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:59 - Oct 16 with 13777 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:59 - Oct 16 by davblue

Waghorn, Garner, Spence, Adeyemi, all have had a number of clubs.

We’re Huws’ 7th aswell

That said - I do think with the modern loan system that isn’t particularly unusual anymore

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 09:01 - Oct 16 with 13757 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick is the problem, not Marcus. on 08:59 - Oct 16 by Kieran_Knows

Was it busy on here Saturday? I wasn't around Saturday night, so may have missed a thread!

I've got my own tribute threads now, which is nice.

Both Benters & Texters beat me to it. It was busy, funnily enough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024