Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... 08:58 - Oct 16 with 8116 viewsITFC_Forever

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/soft-cell-singer-has-foul-mouthed-rant-at-two-

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:05 - Oct 16 with 8088 viewsWeWereZombies

Too many people ruin others enjoyment of music by talking loudly during gigs just to show everyone they are there. I wouldn't have blamed him if he had jumped down off the stage and given them a slap - just a Soft one though...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:05 - Oct 16 with 8086 viewsSteve_M

Headline should be "Rude women fail to ruin gig for other fans".

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:19 - Oct 16 with 8054 viewsITFC_Forever

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:05 - Oct 16 by Steve_M

Headline should be "Rude women fail to ruin gig for other fans".

Indeed - can't blame him for being miffed, especially if you get tickets for the front row and then spend half the gig nattering away!

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:21 - Oct 16 with 8047 viewsSWGF

I'd have paid good money to witness "Mick Hucknall from Simply Red flaring up once".

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:44 - Oct 16 with 8015 viewsHeathlander

I was there. two people ran to front of the stage. There was only about ten people at the front. They then talked through about three of his songs. He did go mad at them but it was justified. When he made them leave everyone else cheered.

Good show.
Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:50 - Oct 16 with 7974 viewsGlasgowBlue

There is nothinmg worse than going to a gig and having people near you constaly talking. I ususaly end up telling them to shut up.

I've seen Marc Almond a couple of times. He has a very strong voice but a lot of his songs have lyrics that deserve to be heard.

I would imagine it was a couple of women who have only ever heard Tainted Love Sso talked through the songs they didn't know.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:58 - Oct 16 with 7953 viewsartsbossbeard

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:50 - Oct 16 by GlasgowBlue

There is nothinmg worse than going to a gig and having people near you constaly talking. I ususaly end up telling them to shut up.

I've seen Marc Almond a couple of times. He has a very strong voice but a lot of his songs have lyrics that deserve to be heard.

I would imagine it was a couple of women who have only ever heard Tainted Love Sso talked through the songs they didn't know.

Spot on.

I was at a gig in Germany recently, where I noticed that my English mate was the only one there with his phone up in the air recording things whilst everyone else in attendance danced, stood and clapped along but didn't chat amongst themselves.

As it should be.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 10:10 - Oct 16 with 7918 viewsITFC_Forever

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:58 - Oct 16 by artsbossbeard

Spot on.

I was at a gig in Germany recently, where I noticed that my English mate was the only one there with his phone up in the air recording things whilst everyone else in attendance danced, stood and clapped along but didn't chat amongst themselves.

As it should be.

That's becoming prevalent at the football as well.

A few younger lads have filled the empty seats to our right where the previous occupants didn't renew, and they spend virtually the whole game filming it on their phones.

Login to get fewer ads

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 10:18 - Oct 16 with 7898 viewsSWGF

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:58 - Oct 16 by artsbossbeard

Spot on.

As it should be.

Takes a real Scorpions fan to travel and watch them play in their own backyard.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 10:19 - Oct 16 with 7893 viewsartsbossbeard

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 10:18 - Oct 16 by SWGF

Takes a real Scorpions fan to travel and watch them play in their own backyard.

I even whistled along at the start of Winds of Change.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 11:08 - Oct 16 with 7810 viewsDebsyAngel

I was there and this all happened the other side of the stage to where I was. I was taken aback and shocked at his outburst, but it was justified.

People were sitting in their seats until Days Of Pearly Spencer and a few people rushed to the front, then once a few did, others followed.

Marc was justified in having a go, why stand there nattering as he was performing - one song a particularly heartfelt ballad? He was put off and rightfully angry with these 2 women, who were spoiling it for him and fellow audience members and they were not taking any interest in his performance.

People will chat at gigs, but not to that extent/loudness!

For the record - he was excellent. The orchestra were marvellous and Marc's voice has improved with age.
Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 11:56 - Oct 16 with 7749 viewsDubtractor

What a hero.

People talking through gigs deserve a slap.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 12:37 - Oct 16 with 7688 viewsfrenchblue

A few wrong facts in the article. It was a 50 year old man, who professed to be a huge Marc Almond fan, who was “chatting up” a woman standing next to him. Three members of the audience had already asked them to stop talking, which they had ignored, before Marc’s outburst. Who hasn’t vented with the occasional f word when really annoyed.
Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 12:56 - Oct 16 with 7652 viewsDeano69

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 10:19 - Oct 16 by artsbossbeard

I even whistled along at the start of Winds of Change.

had that as one of my wedding song first dance thingys

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 15:59 - Oct 16 with 7566 viewsSWGF

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 12:56 - Oct 16 by Deano69

had that as one of my wedding song first dance thingys

You had ABB whistling the opening bars to Wind of Change as the first dance at your wedding?

Niche

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 16:15 - Oct 16 with 7535 viewsthorpedo

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 09:44 - Oct 16 by Heathlander

I was there. two people ran to front of the stage. There was only about ten people at the front. They then talked through about three of his songs. He did go mad at them but it was justified. When he made them leave everyone else cheered.

Good show.

Did you Say Hello (as you) Waved Goodbye when he kicked the two chatterboxes out?

Thorpedo

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 17:00 - Oct 16 with 7485 viewsyorkshireblue

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 10:10 - Oct 16 by ITFC_Forever

That's becoming prevalent at the football as well.

A few younger lads have filled the empty seats to our right where the previous occupants didn't renew, and they spend virtually the whole game filming it on their phones.

Maybe I am getting old, but one thing I don't get is when a team scores, instead of celebrating instantaneously, more and more people are getting their phones out and only start celebrating once they are filming.

Seen at Ipswich games, but also other games on the TV. Enjoy the moment for feck sake.
Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 00:19 - Oct 17 with 7339 viewsnorth_stand77

Went to a Paulo Nutini gig at Manchester Arena a while back and sat in front of a small group of half- cut couples who didn't stop talking (shouting) to each other the whole time. It really spoilt it for everyone sitting around them. Why did they even bother to go?!
Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 06:55 - Oct 17 with 7277 viewsBackToRussia

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 17:00 - Oct 16 by yorkshireblue

Maybe I am getting old, but one thing I don't get is when a team scores, instead of celebrating instantaneously, more and more people are getting their phones out and only start celebrating once they are filming.

Seen at Ipswich games, but also other games on the TV. Enjoy the moment for feck sake.

Did it even really happen though if you didn't film it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 08:42 - Oct 17 with 7223 viewsJimmyJazz

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 11:08 - Oct 16 by DebsyAngel

I was there and this all happened the other side of the stage to where I was. I was taken aback and shocked at his outburst, but it was justified.

People were sitting in their seats until Days Of Pearly Spencer and a few people rushed to the front, then once a few did, others followed.

Marc was justified in having a go, why stand there nattering as he was performing - one song a particularly heartfelt ballad? He was put off and rightfully angry with these 2 women, who were spoiling it for him and fellow audience members and they were not taking any interest in his performance.

People will chat at gigs, but not to that extent/loudness!

For the record - he was excellent. The orchestra were marvellous and Marc's voice has improved with age.

So when he next plans a tour of this size, he'll look at venues, remember Ipswich and think 'No, I'm not going there again'. And the Regent will continue with it's roster of old sixties revival or tribute acts.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 11:04 - Oct 17 with 7180 viewsDebsyAngel

Marc Almond on the rampage at The Regent on Saturday... on 08:42 - Oct 17 by JimmyJazz

So when he next plans a tour of this size, he'll look at venues, remember Ipswich and think 'No, I'm not going there again'. And the Regent will continue with it's roster of old sixties revival or tribute acts.

Yes that has crossed my mind, and I have mentioned that to a few friends.

I sincerely hope he will come back to Ipswich - why should 2 selfish people spoil what hundreds of others enjoyed and would pay to come back and see again?

We do not have enough decent bands/singers coming here anymore as it is!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024