Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... 09:38 - Oct 16 with 5391 viewsSomethingBlue

Just what people were asking for, wasn't it? Just watched most of Saturday's game back and the footballing intentions were clearly decent even if the execution often wasn't. Doesn't work every week. It was your typical tight Championship away game against a decent side, lost with one piece of defensive sloppinesss. Annoying but the shrieking on here is insane. Channel the energy into Sunday — we can definitely beat them.

(Edit — in case my header is unclear, I'm well aware one of the 18 y/os came off the bench!)
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 9:40]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 09:46 - Oct 16 with 5325 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree completely. We still look a little too disjointed in possession but no questioning the effort and ambition to get forward and win the game.

Huge game on Sunday - and mostly for the right reasons.

Pronouns: He/Him

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 09:54 - Oct 16 with 5279 viewsHerbivore

People conveniently gloss over the injuries we've had as well and how disruptive they've been in trying to have a consistent and cohesive team and system. This place is unreal, couldn't believe some of the vitriol after a narrow away defeat at a side currently in the top 3, who have now won 5 out of 6 at home in the league. You'd think we'd just got humped 4-0 by Bolton or something by the reaction on here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 09:57 - Oct 16 with 5265 viewsSteve_M

That matches my view of the game at the time, that we didn't do what we tried to do well enough and gave away a poor goal.

We really do need to start playing the same defence regularly, probably Spence, Chambers, Webster, Knudsen for the time being as too many goals we are conceding are particularly poor.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 09:57 - Oct 16 with 5260 viewsSomethingBlue

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 09:54 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

People conveniently gloss over the injuries we've had as well and how disruptive they've been in trying to have a consistent and cohesive team and system. This place is unreal, couldn't believe some of the vitriol after a narrow away defeat at a side currently in the top 3, who have now won 5 out of 6 at home in the league. You'd think we'd just got humped 4-0 by Bolton or something by the reaction on here.

It's crazy, but they won't stop until they've got what they want and are able to say they were right all along — and I think the rest of us just have to let them have it if it makes them happy. Even though the negativity has obvious wider downsides that they're too stupid to understand ...

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 09:57 - Oct 16 with 5261 viewsITFC_Forever

In isolation, Saturday wasn't that bad..... not our worst or best performance.

But there is an unhealthy tendency that the opposition don't have to work too hard for their goals, where as we have to work extremely hard to score one of our own.... not a good combination.... The Blunts goal was far too simple.

And I think the frustration is, that if the 2 wins in 8 stat (or whatever it is) gets worse over the next few weeks, Mick will start looking over his shoulder again, and we'll regress further back to last season and the awful ultra-cautiousness we had to put up with.

I'm not particularly hopeful for Sunday, Norwich seem to have got themselves more organised (especially since Klose has returned) and we are too shy to ask questions of anyone half-decent.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:00 - Oct 16 with 5249 viewsSomethingBlue

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 09:57 - Oct 16 by ITFC_Forever

In isolation, Saturday wasn't that bad..... not our worst or best performance.

But there is an unhealthy tendency that the opposition don't have to work too hard for their goals, where as we have to work extremely hard to score one of our own.... not a good combination.... The Blunts goal was far too simple.

And I think the frustration is, that if the 2 wins in 8 stat (or whatever it is) gets worse over the next few weeks, Mick will start looking over his shoulder again, and we'll regress further back to last season and the awful ultra-cautiousness we had to put up with.

I'm not particularly hopeful for Sunday, Norwich seem to have got themselves more organised (especially since Klose has returned) and we are too shy to ask questions of anyone half-decent.

Maybe but we haven't seen the ultra-cautiousness yet, or any particular shyness this season even if things haven't always come off, so I'd rather not self-fulfil it as that really doesn't help. Norwich have definitely improved but I think we have a really good chance against them on Sunday — best for a long time.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 10:00]

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:11 - Oct 16 with 5193 viewsITFC_Forever

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:00 - Oct 16 by SomethingBlue

Maybe but we haven't seen the ultra-cautiousness yet, or any particular shyness this season even if things haven't always come off, so I'd rather not self-fulfil it as that really doesn't help. Norwich have definitely improved but I think we have a really good chance against them on Sunday — best for a long time.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 10:00]

I'm going to make my usual bet....

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:15 - Oct 16 with 5170 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Take your valid points somewhere else, and stay away from this board.

balls

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:17 - Oct 16 with 5164 viewschicoazul

Maybe people "shrieking" are annoyed not just at the last match but the last 18 months of matches.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:24 - Oct 16 with 5116 viewsDarth_Koont

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:17 - Oct 16 by chicoazul

Maybe people "shrieking" are annoyed not just at the last match but the last 18 months of matches.

Why stop there? Why not be annoyed about the last 16 years in this division, losing Robson to England, Aston Villa pipping us to the title, the '75 FA Cup defeat ...

People who can't be encouraged by progress because it doesn't compensate for previous disappointment should really stop watching football. They're on a hiding to nothing.

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:26 - Oct 16 with 5093 viewsKieran_Knows

Yer, but did you know .... MIK IZ A DINOSAW?!?!?!?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:27 - Oct 16 with 5087 viewschicoazul

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:24 - Oct 16 by Darth_Koont

Why stop there? Why not be annoyed about the last 16 years in this division, losing Robson to England, Aston Villa pipping us to the title, the '75 FA Cup defeat ...

People who can't be encouraged by progress because it doesn't compensate for previous disappointment should really stop watching football. They're on a hiding to nothing.

Progress? What progress? We've lost to every good team we have played.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:30 - Oct 16 with 5076 viewsLankHenners

I always felt it wouldn't take much for a portion of fans to fall back into the hysterical overreactions to every defeat or below-par performance of last season, but I'm surprised it's happened this quickly.

Funny how the 'if Mick plays the kids and tries to play better football then I'll be more accepting of defeats' line that was coming out at the end of last season has been completely forgotten by those that bleated it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:32 - Oct 16 with 5060 viewsITFC_Forever

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:30 - Oct 16 by LankHenners

I always felt it wouldn't take much for a portion of fans to fall back into the hysterical overreactions to every defeat or below-par performance of last season, but I'm surprised it's happened this quickly.

Funny how the 'if Mick plays the kids and tries to play better football then I'll be more accepting of defeats' line that was coming out at the end of last season has been completely forgotten by those that bleated it.

Think it shows the depth of the chasm between Mick and the fans that last season caused, that another bad spell re-opens the festering wound very quickly.

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:33 - Oct 16 with 5045 viewsDarth_Koont

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:27 - Oct 16 by chicoazul

Progress? What progress? We've lost to every good team we have played.

Sure but last year we were losing to good teams as well. Only without a side that's looks the right age and looks like they're trying to do the right things.

That's progress if you apply the context of the last 18 months as you're so eager to do.

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:40 - Oct 16 with 4999 viewschicoazul

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:33 - Oct 16 by Darth_Koont

Sure but last year we were losing to good teams as well. Only without a side that's looks the right age and looks like they're trying to do the right things.

That's progress if you apply the context of the last 18 months as you're so eager to do.

If we carry on losing to the good teams that won't be progress regardless of how many times Nydam or Downes play, and I dont think either would be playing if Huws and Adeyemi were fit.

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:41 - Oct 16 with 4989 viewsSomethingBlue

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:40 - Oct 16 by chicoazul

If we carry on losing to the good teams that won't be progress regardless of how many times Nydam or Downes play, and I dont think either would be playing if Huws and Adeyemi were fit.

Might not be losing to the good teams if they were fit (Adeyemi absence has particularly been a blow I think; it can work both ways.

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:44 - Oct 16 with 4968 viewschicoazul

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:41 - Oct 16 by SomethingBlue

Might not be losing to the good teams if they were fit (Adeyemi absence has particularly been a blow I think; it can work both ways.

True.

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:45 - Oct 16 with 4950 viewswitchdoctor

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:26 - Oct 16 by Kieran_Knows

Yer, but did you know .... MIK IZ A DINOSAW?!?!?!?!

zzzzzzzzz....there’s just as many thicko’s that are happy with the bloke in charge...not suggesting that anyone who posts on here are btw...😊👍
Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 12:44 - Oct 16 with 4799 viewsHerbivore

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:17 - Oct 16 by chicoazul

And yet when we were doing poorly last season the people who are complaining about the last 18 months now said it wasn't legitimate to take into account the good work Mick had previously done here as it was in the past. Basically quite a lot of fans are negative, moaning numpties.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 12:47 - Oct 16 with 4785 viewsKieran_Knows

Couple of 18-year-olds in midfield, team trying to play decent stuff ... on 10:45 - Oct 16 by witchdoctor

zzzzzzzzz....there’s just as many thicko’s that are happy with the bloke in charge...not suggesting that anyone who posts on here are btw...😊👍

Whether people are happy with him in charge is another argument. I think people just put together a valid point as to what he's up against.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024