Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If only 08:13 - Oct 17 with 13103 viewsTonyj

Alistair Campbell's imaginary Theresa May speech

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/16/theresa-may-brexit-cant-be
If only on 22:55 - Oct 17 with 930 viewsGlasgowBlue

If only on 17:13 - Oct 17 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed.

We have in recent times always been a pro-EU party. This line was just covering all eventualities i assume.

"It's been over thirty years since the British people last had a vote on Britain's membership of the European Union.

That's why the Liberal Democrats want a real referendum on Europe. Only a real referendum on Britain's membership of the EU will let the people decide our country's future.

But Labour don't want the people to have their say.

The Conservatives only support a limited referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. Why won't they give the people a say in a real referendum?"

You are a pro EU party but you were calling for a referendum in 2008 aqnd 2010 in order to put the matter to rest once and for all, whilst expecting a comfortable majority remain vote. It's no good trying to reverse the decsision when you don't get your desired result. And it's no good slating the Tories for giving the country a referendum.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If only on 23:16 - Oct 17 with 917 viewsElderGrizzly

If only on 22:55 - Oct 17 by GlasgowBlue

"It's been over thirty years since the British people last had a vote on Britain's membership of the European Union.

That's why the Liberal Democrats want a real referendum on Europe. Only a real referendum on Britain's membership of the EU will let the people decide our country's future.

But Labour don't want the people to have their say.

The Conservatives only support a limited referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. Why won't they give the people a say in a real referendum?"

You are a pro EU party but you were calling for a referendum in 2008 aqnd 2010 in order to put the matter to rest once and for all, whilst expecting a comfortable majority remain vote. It's no good trying to reverse the decsision when you don't get your desired result. And it's no good slating the Tories for giving the country a referendum.

I’m not personally slating them and I agree a referendum was the right thing to do.

In 2008 or 2010 i believe a remain vote would have won out. Times change and we have to make the best of the mess we have.

My personal view is we should have a vote on the deal achieved and if that was what people reallg thought they were voting for. Whether that is MPs or the public voting i’m not sure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024