Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' 11:22 - Oct 17 with 20067 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

According to ITFC.

Had to change my direct debit to a new account earlier today and asked them whilst I was on the line.

That's p1ss poor assuming it's under 22k then.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 11:22]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:16 - Oct 17 with 6435 viewsBobbychase

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:13 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

Where do we draw the line? If we get to the play off final for example, we've been in this division 15 years. I had a ST for 7 of those and have attended quite a few other games in that time. Would I deserve a ticket?

If someone only went to one game a season, it should be this one surely?

Unless I'm missing something about being a Town fan. Which, if so, is fine. Just means the game has changed.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Here he is! (n/t) on 13:18 - Oct 17 with 6424 viewsBloots

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:13 - Oct 17 by Benters

Football fans bored out of their minds not buying tickets shocker!!

Good I'm glad I hope it only gets to 22k.

Our average gate this season is only 15777 !

People are bored mate and we need a change of manager zzz

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:18 - Oct 17 with 6427 viewsBobbychase

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:13 - Oct 17 by Benters

Football fans bored out of their minds not buying tickets shocker!!

Good I'm glad I hope it only gets to 22k.

Our average gate this season is only 15777 !

People are bored mate and we need a change of manager zzz

Which poses the question: If you had to choose between:

Beating Norwich and Mick stays
Losing to Norwich and Mick goes

Which would you choose

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 6412 viewsBlueBadger

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:18 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

Which would you choose

Derby win the league.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:27 - Oct 17 with 6392 viewsFtnfwest

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:02 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

Fans to players; "You have to be up for this game, give it your all. Stuff them. Play for the badge. It's the biggest game of the season"

Players to fans: "So you're coming then?"

Fans; "Nah, we'll be watching it on Sky. Ticket prices and apathy innit."

er except 22,000 are going
Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:29 - Oct 17 with 6382 viewsJ2BLUE

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:16 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

If someone only went to one game a season, it should be this one surely?

Unless I'm missing something about being a Town fan. Which, if so, is fine. Just means the game has changed.

Clearly not for a lot of people if there's only going to be 22k there.

Don't worry, you can think of yourself as a better fan than me, I really don't mind.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:41 - Oct 17 with 6350 viewsBenters

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:18 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

Which would you choose

Even if we get stuffed MM will still be here next season
with a lovely contract extension of 2 years!

I wish I didn't have a ticket now load of crap !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:42 - Oct 17 with 6356 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:29 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

Clearly not for a lot of people if there's only going to be 22k there.

Don't worry, you can think of yourself as a better fan than me, I really don't mind.

I'm not into any of that 'better fan' stuff but I can't comprehend how a Town fan that is local and could afford it would choose to simply watch it on sky sports.

It's the biggest game of the season.

If we somehow got to Wembley, a massive amount of people not going Sunday would be wanting a ticket.

Login to get fewer ads

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:46 - Oct 17 with 6348 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:42 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm not into any of that 'better fan' stuff but I can't comprehend how a Town fan that is local and could afford it would choose to simply watch it on sky sports.

If we somehow got to Wembley, a massive amount of people not going Sunday would be wanting a ticket.

Agree. Regardless of how good or bad we are, I couldn't miss a Norwich game. Just couldn't.
Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:48 - Oct 17 with 6345 viewsSuperfrans

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 12:54 - Oct 17 by textbackup

if you are in decent health, within a drive or walk to the ground I see no good reason why you'd not be there for a local Derby game.

How anyone can say they are a fan but not be there is something I can't get head around

I agree.

But it's a 2 hour 45 minutes train journey from London because of rail replacement - anyone south of Ingatestone will have to get a bus part of the way. And, given that its Sunday, midday, on the TV...

For anyone in south Essex or anywhere west of London, I can totally understand why you wouldn't bother.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 6323 viewsJ2BLUE

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:42 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

My original posts has backfired spectacularly. I made a joke about the armchair but there were two mains points to my posts. There are a lot of reasons why people won't be attending. They were not all reasons personal to me. The other point was how easy it is to get into the habit of not going. I've explained my reasoning. I'll have a better time watching it on tv with my mate than going on my own. I don't really care who that upsets.

'If we somehow got to Wembley, a massive amount of people not going Sunday would be wanting a ticket''

Yes and a lot of them would have a claim on a ticket if you look at it in a balanced way. If there were 10,000 tickets I wouldn't be expecting one or feeling entitled to one. If there were 30,000 tickets I would absolutely think I deserved one with the amount of games I have attended since relegation. Again if that upsets anyone I don't care. The tickets would be sold to the most deserving first so everyone with the best claims on one would get one. After that why do people care?

Truly impaired.

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:56 - Oct 17 with 6323 viewsmaccyd9

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:48 - Oct 17 by Superfrans

I agree.

But it's a 2 hour 45 minutes train journey from London because of rail replacement - anyone south of Ingatestone will have to get a bus part of the way. And, given that its Sunday, midday, on the TV...

For anyone in south Essex or anywhere west of London, I can totally understand why you wouldn't bother.

Come up the night before? Stay with friends or family?

Make a weekend of it?

Plenty of options but the reality is, in most cases it's because people can't be bothered.
Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:56 - Oct 17 with 6319 viewstextbackup

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 12:43 - Oct 17 by TLA

Lower attendances are not really shocking if people would prefer to watch the East Anglian derby from their armchairs...

Now what the club should have really done is realise it wouldn't sell out without a bit of help, loads of local blokes play football Saturdays so can't make games... this games a Sunday (Sunday football playing is dying out) you offer each team 10 tickets for the price of 5...

Offer them to schools, scout groups, NHS, local shops, it doesn't matter, fill the ground

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:58 - Oct 17 with 6315 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:55 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

My original posts has backfired spectacularly. I made a joke about the armchair but there were two mains points to my posts. There are a lot of reasons why people won't be attending. They were not all reasons personal to me. The other point was how easy it is to get into the habit of not going. I've explained my reasoning. I'll have a better time watching it on tv with my mate than going on my own. I don't really care who that upsets.

'If we somehow got to Wembley, a massive amount of people not going Sunday would be wanting a ticket''

Yes and a lot of them would have a claim on a ticket if you look at it in a balanced way. If there were 10,000 tickets I wouldn't be expecting one or feeling entitled to one. If there were 30,000 tickets I would absolutely think I deserved one with the amount of games I have attended since relegation. Again if that upsets anyone I don't care. The tickets would be sold to the most deserving first so everyone with the best claims on one would get one. After that why do people care?

It doesn't upset me at all. I have a lot of time for you and i am simply trying to understand. I'm struggling to understand it but my situation is very different to yours I suppose.

I'm happy going to games on my own for a start whereas you've said before you hate it.

Though as it goes, there's a few of us going this time (though they are in the cobbold and away from me in the north stand).

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:59 - Oct 17 with 6309 viewsJ2BLUE

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:58 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

It doesn't upset me at all. I have a lot of time for you and i am simply trying to understand. I'm struggling to understand it but my situation is very different to yours I suppose.

I'm happy going to games on my own for a start whereas you've said before you hate it.

Though as it goes, there's a few of us going this time (though they are in the cobbold and away from me in the north stand).

I don't hate it, I just think it's less fun.

Truly impaired.

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:00 - Oct 17 with 6307 viewsBecclesITFC

In truth, we get a lot of bad press about our attendances.

I think we get pretty decent attendances considering where we are and where we have been.

I bet not many teams would match us.

Norwich always bang on about attendances.
Look at their attendances last time they had a long period in the same division. I went to a game when i was working in Norwich in the late 90's. (around 97 i think) their attendance was 13,333 and that was pretty average for them at the time.

I think our support is pretty decent.
Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:01 - Oct 17 with 6298 viewsHARRY10

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 12:26 - Oct 17 by maccyd9

I'd be up for the club selling tickets at a tenner a piece just to fill it out.

I know realistically it was cause hassle with ST holders and people who have already brought a ticket but personally speaking as a ST holder, I just want that ground full for this game.

If they are winning when the attendance get's read out it it will be humiliating.

I don't think it will be the attendance being tread out that will hurt, but all the empty seats shown on the telly.

Anyone who saw the Wolves v Villa game or the Derby v Forest game will know what a local derby should be about. Sheff Weds v Utd was much the same.

The bottom line is that the club is stagnating. The budgies have revamped themselves again and it seems to have taken off, finally. Will it work ? Who knows (who cares).

What have we done ? Nothing really to be honest. The usual bunch of one season wonders. A few injury prone journeymen coupled with the latest youth(s) who will soon fade.

if we continue in this fashion fans will slowly slip away, and games like this will be only for the committed. A dad a couple of kids can save a few bob by not going and watching it on the telly. Spend the money on something else is the sad reality.

Something needs to change. Something that gives us hope and a sense that we are moving in the right direction

(and if those 'c's start clapping, at 16 minsI'm almost tempted to join in if only for something to do !)
Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:02 - Oct 17 with 6298 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:59 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

I don't hate it, I just think it's less fun.

Apologies - that's what I meant.

Out of interest, you said you'd come if your mate wanted to, what was his reason for not wanting to come?

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:14 - Oct 17 with 6269 viewsJ2BLUE

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:02 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Apologies - that's what I meant.

Out of interest, you said you'd come if your mate wanted to, what was his reason for not wanting to come?

Cost. He's a town fan but not really a committed one.

Other mates support Norwich (sorry), Leeds (sorry), Chelsea (sorry), Portsmouth, Stevenage and Man U (sorry) so none are interested in this game really.

Truly impaired.

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:30 - Oct 17 with 6246 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:14 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

Other mates support Norwich (sorry), Leeds (sorry), Chelsea (sorry), Portsmouth, Stevenage and Man U (sorry) so none are interested in this game really.

Stevenage? He come from there? Otherwise that's strange team to choose

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:36 - Oct 17 with 6230 viewsBrixtonBlue

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:01 - Oct 17 by HARRY10

I don't think it will be the attendance being tread out that will hurt, but all the empty seats shown on the telly.

Anyone who saw the Wolves v Villa game or the Derby v Forest game will know what a local derby should be about. Sheff Weds v Utd was much the same.

The bottom line is that the club is stagnating. The budgies have revamped themselves again and it seems to have taken off, finally. Will it work ? Who knows (who cares).

What have we done ? Nothing really to be honest. The usual bunch of one season wonders. A few injury prone journeymen coupled with the latest youth(s) who will soon fade.

if we continue in this fashion fans will slowly slip away, and games like this will be only for the committed. A dad a couple of kids can save a few bob by not going and watching it on the telly. Spend the money on something else is the sad reality.

Something needs to change. Something that gives us hope and a sense that we are moving in the right direction

(and if those 'c's start clapping, at 16 minsI'm almost tempted to join in if only for something to do !)

Why will the latest youths soon fade?

You're being very pessimistic. All the noises coming out about the youth set-up are the best we've had in years.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:37 - Oct 17 with 6226 viewsjeera

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:14 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

Like you have 7 mates.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:42 - Oct 17 with 6213 viewsPJH

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:37 - Oct 17 by jeera

Like you have 7 mates.

or one mate that supports 7 teams.
Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:45 - Oct 17 with 6203 viewsHARRY10

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:36 - Oct 17 by BrixtonBlue

Why will the latest youths soon fade?

You're being very pessimistic. All the noises coming out about the youth set-up are the best we've had in years.

Except that we have heard that for years.

Youth players are set to reak through and what happens /

Nowt, that's what.

And it is not about being pessimistic. It is about being realistic, so that we can one day start to rebuild our club, and not like on empty words and promises.
Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 14:49 - Oct 17 with 6191 viewsSpruceMoose

Scum ticket sales are 'over 21,000' on 13:41 - Oct 17 by Benters

Even if we get stuffed MM will still be here next season
with a lovely contract extension of 2 years!

I wish I didn't have a ticket now load of crap !

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024