Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! 16:37 - Oct 17 with 33315 viewsBergholtBru

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/education/forest-gate-primary-school-apolog

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:43 - Oct 17 with 8583 viewsSpruceMoose

Are you angry at the teacher for planning this, angry that the teacher was unable to carry it out, or angry that the school apologised? I'm not sure what you're getting at. Where's the nonsense?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:55 - Oct 17 with 8549 viewsconnorscontract

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:43 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

Are you angry at the teacher for planning this, angry that the teacher was unable to carry it out, or angry that the school apologised? I'm not sure what you're getting at. Where's the nonsense?

Angry that children were being asked to mistreat clothes by staining them with tea?
Angry that non-historically accurate synthetic fibres would be present in the clothes?
Angry at the incongruity of slaves having tea to spill?
Angry that the school sent a letter, wasting paper, rather than a text?
Angry that the children weren't actually sold into slavery to give them a more realistic impression of life as a slave?

Or just angry?
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:56 - Oct 17 with 8549 viewsBergholtBru

I think they would be better off teaching the kids proper history, Battle of Agincourt, Waterloo etc and how the British Empire civilised the world. Next thing they`ll be making white kids apologise to their black counterparts for the slave trade.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:59 - Oct 17 with 8534 viewsvapour_trail

Whilst your post is unnecessarily adversarial on the teaching profession as a whole, this does seem a pretty misguided idea.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:02 - Oct 17 with 8524 viewsArcher4721

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:56 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

I think they would be better off teaching the kids proper history, Battle of Agincourt, Waterloo etc and how the British Empire civilised the world. Next thing they`ll be making white kids apologise to their black counterparts for the slave trade.

Arf.

"the British Empire civilised the world"

By making black people slaves?
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:04 - Oct 17 with 8519 viewsWeWereZombies

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 16:56 - Oct 17 by BergholtBru

Or teaching them how England and Scotland took a lead in making the slave trade illegal? Where do you stand on the development of rights here? Proud of Thetford born Thomas Paine? Any thoughts that during the time of Empire the British went overseas and saw other cultures which had ideas that were worth bringing back to Britain?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:04 - Oct 17 with 8523 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Daft idea by the school.

Daft response from all those rushing to be overly offended.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:07 - Oct 17 with 8504 viewsartsbossbeard

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:02 - Oct 17 by Archer4721

Arf.

Beat me to it.

Can you "civilise" a world? Colonise being the standard terminology.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:08 - Oct 17 with 8492 viewsJ2BLUE

Proper history? Are you saying learning about the horrors of slavery isn't proper history?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 17:16]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:09 - Oct 17 with 8490 viewsArcher4721

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:07 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

Beat me to it.

Can you "civilise" a world? Colonise being the standard terminology.

I think he's been watching too much Game of Thrones
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:12 - Oct 17 with 8475 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:02 - Oct 17 by Archer4721

Arf.

Think how many lives have been saved just from the smallpox vaccine though
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:12 - Oct 17 with 8468 viewsDarth_Koont

Ahh. You mean White History.

While it's important to know your own local and regional history not sure the positives outweigh the negatives if people can only see history in those narrow terms.

We should be teaching kids world history and human evolutionary biology (at least to provide some context) so that people stop missing the point of history.

Pronouns: He/Him

on 17:12 - Oct 17 with 8466 views_

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:16 - Oct 17 with 8435 viewsm14_blue

You have a problem with the whole teaching profession???

Your world must be a strange and dark place.
Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:16 - Oct 17 with 8427 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:08 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

Proper history? Are you saying learning about the horrors of slavery isn't proper history?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 17:16]

Tomorrows EADT headline;

"Non-news story in Newham rag leads to full blown war on Suffolk forum."

....I'm not a good sub editor.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:17 - Oct 17 with 8419 viewsSpruceMoose

I find it astonishing that your ancestors survived all those periods of 'proper history' to be frank. I can only assume that the contemporary apple has fallen very far from the tree.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:17 - Oct 17 with 8419 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:16 - Oct 17 by m14_blue

You have a problem with the whole teaching profession???

Your world must be a strange and dark place.

....most teachers have a problem with the whole teaching profession.

Thats rule #1 of being a teacher.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 17:18]

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:18 - Oct 17 with 8411 viewsSwailsey

Lol.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:19 - Oct 17 with 8396 viewschicoazul

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/36

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:20 - Oct 17 with 8383 viewsWeWereZombies

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:12 - Oct 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

Think how many lives have been saved just from the smallpox vaccine though

Although inoculation was already a long established procedure, as with most discoveries and inventions Jenner built on prior knowledge from many parts of the World:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Jenner

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:20 - Oct 17 with 8383 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:19 - Oct 17 by chicoazul

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/36

In addition to reparations, can we not just repatriate Bergholt to somewhere more suitable? Like the Mariana Trench.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:22 - Oct 17 with 8367 viewsJ2BLUE

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:16 - Oct 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Tomorrows EADT headline;

"Non-news story in Newham rag leads to full blown war on Suffolk forum."

....I'm not a good sub editor.

Agree it's a nothing story but the OP has chosen to react to it in a certain way. This is a forum. People can then respond. I have no intention of sticking the boot into him i'm just amazed at how some people see the world.

Truly impaired.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:23 - Oct 17 with 8350 viewsSpruceMoose

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:22 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

Agree it's a nothing story but the OP has chosen to react to it in a certain way. This is a forum. People can then respond. I have no intention of sticking the boot into him i'm just amazed at how some people see the world.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:25 - Oct 17 with 8334 viewsJ2BLUE

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:23 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

Benters is looking well

Truly impaired.

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:26 - Oct 17 with 8332 viewsWeWereZombies

Yet more nonsense from our glorious teaching profession!! on 17:22 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

And if this keeps on like it has started most of us will have to dig up some old history and find something we never knew about on the way. So thanks, BergholtBru, for fostering a bit more enlightenment on TWTD.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024