Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. 16:50 - Oct 17 with 11263 viewsJackSted

I’ve been looking at threads of people guessing the gate for the upcoming Norwich game so I decided to become a bit of a myth buster and for the last hour I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game, except the Sir Alf Ramsey stand as I didn’t have enough time.

Here’s the results so far (I’ll update the thread once I’ve finished counting the SAR seats):

COBBOLD STAND:
Cobbold Lower - Section T - 31 Seats
Cobbold Lower - Section T2 - 13 Seats
Cobbold Lower - Section U - 15 Seats
=59 Seats

Cobbold Upper - Section C - 52 Seats
Cobbold Upper - Section B - 118 Seats
Cobbold Upper - Section A - 375 Seats
=545 Seats

SIR BOBBY ROBSON STAND:
Sir Bobby Robson Upper - Section 3 - 152 Seats
Sir Bobby Robson Upper - Section 2 - 9 Seats
Sir Bobby Robson Upper - Section 1 - 192 Seats
=352 Seats

EAST OF ENGLAND CO-OP:
Co-op Lower - Section JJ - 53 Seats
Co-op Lower - Section I2 - 36 Seats
Co-op Lower - Section I1 - 4 Seats
Co-op Lower - Section GG - 14 Seats
Co-op Lower - Section FF - 12 Seats
=119 Seats

Co-op Middle - Section F - 22 Seats
Co-op Middle - Section J - 10 Seats
=32 Seats

Co-op Upper - Section K - 158 Seats
Co-op Upper - Section L - 159 Seats
Co-op Upper - Section M - 28 Seats
Co-op Upper - Section N - 66 Seats
Co-op Upper - Section Y - 15 Seats
Co-op Upper - Section O - 83 Seats
Co-op Upper - Section P - 36 Seats
Co-op Upper - Section Q - 153 Seats
Co-op Upper - Section R - 112 Seats
=810 Seats

Overall = 1,917 empty seats (Excluding the Sir Alf Ramsey Stands)

EDIT - Finished counting the Sir Alf Ramsey seats. These are as follows:

SIR ALF RAMSEY STAND:
Sir Alf Ramsey Lower - Section 4 - 39 Seats
Sir Alf Ramsey Lower - Section 5 - 8 Seats
Sir Alf Ramsey Lower - Section 6 - 3 Seats
=50 Seats

Sir Alf Ramsey Upper - Section 1 - 349 Seats
Sir Alf Ramsey Upper - Section 2 - 317 Seats
Sir Alf Ramsey Upper - Section 3 - 780 Seats
Sir Alf Ramsey Upper - Section X - 5 Seats
=1,451 Seats

Overall amount of seats which are unused at the moment are 3,418.
30,000 - 3,418 = 26,582 potential attendance on Sunday.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 18:56]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game... on 21:06 - Oct 17 with 3166 viewsfactual_blue

So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game... on 20:40 - Oct 17 by solemio

Anyone who finishes a post with 'End of.' can safely be ignored.

End of.

This

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game... on 21:17 - Oct 17 with 3150 viewsBackToRussia

So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game... on 17:09 - Oct 17 by gainsboroughblue

I'm amazed that someone who has the time to count the empty seats in three sides of a football ground, doesn't have the time to count the ones in the fourth.

Well he's not a boring loser or anything.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 02:04 - Oct 18 with 3017 viewsCurrie10

Issues with this = capacity is down to low 29s as a starting point. The block below Norwich won't be touched for either set of fans. Block S Cobbold stand. Game sold out for the play offs in 2015 - that was 29.166. So I'd have that as your starting point. Then minus what I've put below and that will give a good indication.

Co-op = back 3 rows not available for sale. So that effects it.

Cobbold = Block U2 and U3 unopen so no idea what that is....

Alf Ramsay block 6 - some seats not sold there

So that alone probably counts for a lot.....
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 3:05]
So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game... on 02:38 - Oct 18 with 3009 viewsCurrie10

So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game... on 18:19 - Oct 17 by Benters

22k-23k

End of.

People may not like this, but I think Benters will be right.
So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game... on 05:15 - Oct 18 with 2976 viewsBenters

So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game... on 02:38 - Oct 18 by Currie10

People may not like this, but I think Benters will be right.

This.

End of.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 08:27 - Oct 18 with 2900 viewsLimitlessBlue

I am ashamed to be an ITFC fan, this is the most embarassing thing I have ever seen on TWTD.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 09:04 - Oct 18 with 2871 viewsblueblood66

you clearly have too much time on your hands
UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 11:01 - Oct 18 with 2809 viewsJackSted

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 09:04 - Oct 18 by blueblood66

you clearly have too much time on your hands

It literally took about an hour lol. Get a grip

TWTD Supervillain

Login to get fewer ads

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 11:03 - Oct 18 with 2806 viewsJackSted

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 08:27 - Oct 18 by LimitlessBlue

I am ashamed to be an ITFC fan, this is the most embarassing thing I have ever seen on TWTD.

If you're ashamed by a single TWTD thread then you must have issues.

Bet your Mrs is ashamed everytime she sleeps with you.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 11:04]

TWTD Supervillain

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 11:11 - Oct 18 with 2788 viewsBenters

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 08:27 - Oct 18 by LimitlessBlue

Really?

Id much rather read this then our dearly departed Dolly's ramblings about spending £90 on bangers and mash.

Gentlybentley

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 11:12 - Oct 18 with 2780 viewsBenters

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 11:03 - Oct 18 by JackSted

If he has one .

They are rare on here .

Gentlybentley

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 16:44 - Oct 18 with 2697 viewsLimitlessBlue

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 11:03 - Oct 18 by JackSted

I do have issues, I am fully medicated thank you and my wife is satisfied by me when I am off the pills, being on the pills means that you can bang and bang for hours but can't get over the edge. when I am on the pills I rent her out at a fiver a go.

Bit weird you would automatically have to go down that route of being personal about my Mrs. Your mum said you were not that kind of person when I was banging her last night.... Owzat?!

Get back to your counting. 24578, 24579, 24580......
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 16:46]

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 23:57 - Oct 18 with 2564 viewsCurrie10

Same with the Cobbold stand, four last rows not in use.

So that's seven rows in the Cobbold + Co Op Stand not in use, segregation, a maximum 29.166 ish, block S / U2 / U3 all not open.

I would say that would make it an absolute maximum 27,000 based on every single other seat selling out that are currently available, which won't happen.

So using your findings plus mine, at the time you did 3418 = 23,582 max crowd at time you did it.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 0:01]
UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 00:09 - Oct 19 with 2537 viewsCurrie10

UPDATED*So I’ve been counting all the empty seats for the upcoming derby game. on 19:28 - Oct 17 by Danny_G

We have a few sections that haven't been put on sale and don't show up as empty seats, such as:

1. Back 4-5 rows of Pioneer and Cobbold upper.
2. The Cobbold lower, nearest the North Stand.
3. Churchman's corner nearest the Scum (I'm 99% sure they've limited ticket sales here even more than usual for this game).
4 Cobbold lower nearest Churchman's (the old away family section).
5. Whatever the Cobbold segregation area is.

Plus they've taken all the seats out of the very far Churchman's corner under the scoreboard. So unfortunately, there will be far more empty seats than this.

This. ( Benters like to ' This ' so perhaps I'll ' This ' ! )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024