Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Vietnam War. 08:45 - Oct 18 with 6787 viewsBenters

Been rained off today and i am on episode 4 of this beast of a program.

Bloody hell that poor country has been through some crap.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The Vietnam War. on 14:42 - Oct 18 with 2328 viewsBenters

The Vietnam War. on 14:37 - Oct 18 by BergholtBru

Bit of a way to go to do a garden isn`t it? Hope you charge traveling expenses.

Im like the 'Red Adair' of the gardening World.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The Vietnam War. on 14:47 - Oct 18 with 2323 viewsWeWereZombies

The Vietnam War. on 14:42 - Oct 18 by Benters

Im like the 'Red Adair' of the gardening World.

And the Black adder of the TWTD world.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Vietnam War. on 15:47 - Oct 18 with 2290 viewsvilanovablue

Gobsmackingly good TV, although grim, depressing and enlightening at the same time. Ken Burns is very good.
The Vietnam War. on 16:13 - Oct 18 with 2278 viewsjaykay

a great programme. ive been to vietnam several times. lovely country and people for all their suffering and wars against the japanese,french and americans. will always remember the sight of the shot down b.52 in huu tiep lake in hanoi.
there we demonstrations all over the world about the vietnam war. ( that reminds me ,will have to hunt the house for the photos of me and my mates at the big demo in londons trafalgrar square in 1968)
the thing i remember at the time was how john waynes film the green berets made out the viet cong and north vietnamese were animals and the americans were saints. the film even managed to convince a anti war reporter he was wrong.
the right wing media made every anti war person a left winger commie, nothing changes. jane fonda was vilified for speaking out agaist the war, was the commie jayne was the least offensive name for her at the time.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The Vietnam War. on 16:22 - Oct 18 with 2268 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Vietnam War. on 16:13 - Oct 18 by jaykay

a great programme. ive been to vietnam several times. lovely country and people for all their suffering and wars against the japanese,french and americans. will always remember the sight of the shot down b.52 in huu tiep lake in hanoi.
there we demonstrations all over the world about the vietnam war. ( that reminds me ,will have to hunt the house for the photos of me and my mates at the big demo in londons trafalgrar square in 1968)
the thing i remember at the time was how john waynes film the green berets made out the viet cong and north vietnamese were animals and the americans were saints. the film even managed to convince a anti war reporter he was wrong.
the right wing media made every anti war person a left winger commie, nothing changes. jane fonda was vilified for speaking out agaist the war, was the commie jayne was the least offensive name for her at the time.

And then there were all those cowboy and Indian films.....the power of Holywood !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Vietnam War. on 16:27 - Oct 18 with 2263 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Vietnam War. on 13:34 - Oct 18 by Benters

It was to the West of the county ba.

Made it until 3:30 here (coastal), bl00dy soaked though.....useless 'waterproofs !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Vietnam War. on 16:42 - Oct 18 with 2251 viewsWeWereZombies

The Vietnam War. on 16:13 - Oct 18 by jaykay

How did you dress for the demos? A friend from way back and a couple of years older than me managed to make it to the last big one. He said when the coach stopped in Saxmundham (or Wickham Market..or somewhere) a dozen lads got on dressed as the Viet Kong - coach driver wasn't happy.

Concerning Jane Fonda - see also Dixie Chicks when Iraq War was declared.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Vietnam War. on 19:26 - Oct 18 with 2226 viewsSpruceMoose

The Vietnam War. on 09:02 - Oct 18 by factual_blue

The Vietnam War was a constant presence in my life as a schoolkid. Didn't really grasp the issues at that time, and since then discussion of it has really been about the US Vets and PTSD.

Nice to see the Vietnamese view given in this series. Brilliant interviews and stories.

I've just watched the Tet Offensive episode, the infamous execution of a Vietcong and the storm of anti-war sentiment that unleashed. 1968 was - too put it mildly - a dramatic year across the world.

I presume you are referring to the Cần Vương Rebellion?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

The Vietnam War. on 20:25 - Oct 18 with 2200 viewsjaykay

The Vietnam War. on 16:42 - Oct 18 by WeWereZombies

How did you dress for the demos? A friend from way back and a couple of years older than me managed to make it to the last big one. He said when the coach stopped in Saxmundham (or Wickham Market..or somewhere) a dozen lads got on dressed as the Viet Kong - coach driver wasn't happy.

Concerning Jane Fonda - see also Dixie Chicks when Iraq War was declared.

we dressed as normal. our cloths would have been classed as rockers at the time,.althou we were not heavily in rock and roll and d.as. as hair styles. we had leather jackets and sleeveless denim jackets as we rode motor bikes. we had the long hair and into english bands who did the blues e.g. john mayall, the pretty things ,yardbirds etc. we did stick out
from the normal protester.
we travelled up in a van and 2 cars as we didnt fancy trying to find a place to park 15 motor bikes.
one thing that do stand out was as we walked through the back streets to trafalgar square was seeing loads of black maria vans full of police. coming from suffolk i had only see coppers in pairs on the streets. mind you after grosvenor square they were needed

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The Vietnam War. on 20:43 - Oct 18 with 2192 viewsSteve_M

Interesting to see in episode 7 how the children of many North Vietnamese leaders suddenly found the urge to study in Soviet universities as death tolls mounted.

Nixon, well yeah, see Factual's earlier comment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Vietnam War. on 21:10 - Oct 18 with 2180 viewsgordon

The Vietnam War. on 09:02 - Oct 18 by factual_blue

The Vietnam War was a constant presence in my life as a schoolkid. Didn't really grasp the issues at that time, and since then discussion of it has really been about the US Vets and PTSD.

Nice to see the Vietnamese view given in this series. Brilliant interviews and stories.

I've just watched the Tet Offensive episode, the infamous execution of a Vietcong and the storm of anti-war sentiment that unleashed. 1968 was - too put it mildly - a dramatic year across the world.

That's putting it pretty bloomin mildly re 1968. In the Swedish Allsvenskan that year four teams finished level on points in the fight for the title. Osters IF took the title by +1 GD from Malmo and +4 GD from Norrkopping, Djurgardens unfortunately beaten down to 4th place, despite finishing level on points with the title winners in an extraordinary ding-dong final day shake down in which all four teams were at some stage in pole position. To cap it off, it was Osters very first season in the top division.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024