Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exitbrexit? I'm in... 09:00 - Oct 18 with 2669 viewsWeWereZombies

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/reversing-brexit-would-have-significant-im

Edit: I've changed the title from 'Exbrexit' to 'Exitbrexit' as the former sounds like I was once in favour of Brexit and that's not the case. I guess I was non-committal or sceptical at the time of the 1974 referendum, to be honest I cannot remember if I was or which way I voted or if I even voted.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 10:26]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Exbrexit? I'm in... on 09:21 - Oct 18 with 2626 viewsStokieBlue

You're late with your brexit post today, lay in?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Exbrexit? I'm in... on 09:25 - Oct 18 with 2624 viewsWeWereZombies

Exbrexit? I'm in... on 09:21 - Oct 18 by StokieBlue

SB

I'm semi-retired, every day is a lay-in. Unless Brexit actually happens and we all find ourselves short of money . I will probably have to re-enter the world of work then, which is an unfortunate consequence that should make even the staunchest Leave voter change their mind.

Exbrexit? I'm in... on 09:41 - Oct 18 with 2596 viewsNo9

Exbrexit? I'm in... on 09:21 - Oct 18 by StokieBlue

SB

One for you to ponder-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-davis-no-deal-brexit-uk-tran

180deg from the HS
Exbrexit? I'm in... on 09:51 - Oct 18 with 2576 viewsWeWereZombies

Exbrexit? I'm in... on 09:41 - Oct 18 by No9

One for you to ponder-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-davis-no-deal-brexit-uk-tran

180deg from the HS

Haute Savoy?

And that 'scaremongering' OECD, what are they like?

Exbrexit? I'm in... on 13:06 - Oct 18 with 2447 viewsBlueinBrum

Exbrexit? I'm in... on 09:41 - Oct 18 by No9

One for you to ponder-

180deg from the HS

Almost as if they have no idea what they're doing.
Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 13:17 - Oct 18 with 2436 viewsJ2BLUE

How would you like it stopped? Via a referendum or just happily ignoring the vote because that's what you agree with so it would be ok?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 14:06 - Oct 18 with 2385 viewsWeWereZombies

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 13:17 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

How would you like it stopped? Via a referendum or just happily ignoring the vote because that's what you agree with so it would be ok?

You know it wasn't mandatory, why do you keep bringing this up?

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 14:19 - Oct 18 with 2355 viewsStokieBlue

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 14:06 - Oct 18 by WeWereZombies

Technically yes.

But interestingly that isn't what the government literature was saying prior to the referendum so you can kind of see why some who voted that way would be upset with you repeatedly bringing out this line.

https://fullfact.org/europe/was-eu-referendum-advisory/

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 14:31 - Oct 18 with 2337 viewsWeWereZombies

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 14:19 - Oct 18 by StokieBlue

Technically yes.

But interestingly that isn't what the government literature was saying prior to the referendum so you can kind of see why some who voted that way would be upset with you repeatedly bringing out this line.

https://fullfact.org/europe/was-eu-referendum-advisory/

SB

Thanks, clear as mud. Actually no, I didn't appreciate all the twists and turns in the argument, however I expect the bit about the Government doing what we tell them to do was inserted to gee up those who were less likely to vote. Didn't work too well.

And I am being a bit disingenuous towards J2, not because I want to ignore him but because I think carrying on blindly regardless is a bad idea. If someone told you that you needed to be in Manchester tomorrow and you took advice that the best way was down the M20 wouldn't you stop and check a map when you saw the mileage sign that only had Dover on it?

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 14:41 - Oct 18 with 2320 viewseireblue

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 14:31 - Oct 18 by WeWereZombies

Thanks, clear as mud. Actually no, I didn't appreciate all the twists and turns in the argument, however I expect the bit about the Government doing what we tell them to do was inserted to gee up those who were less likely to vote. Didn't work too well.

And I am being a bit disingenuous towards J2, not because I want to ignore him but because I think carrying on blindly regardless is a bad idea. If someone told you that you needed to be in Manchester tomorrow and you took advice that the best way was down the M20 wouldn't you stop and check a map when you saw the mileage sign that only had Dover on it?

Probably best to carry on, expressing the sentiment that if you had of gone to Manchester, you would not have been able to engage with all the fish, even if that meant getting slightly wet.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:49 - Oct 18 with 2305 viewsJ2BLUE

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 14:06 - Oct 18 by WeWereZombies

Edit: Eurgh, internet cut out i've lost my essay of a reply!
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 14:51]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:53 - Oct 18 with 2292 viewsWeWereZombies

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:49 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

Edit: Eurgh, internet cut out i've lost my essay of a reply!
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 14:51]

That's happened a few times to me, getting in the habit of using 'ctrl-c' more often than perhaps I need to.

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 16:29 - Oct 18 with 2243 viewsNo9

Exitbrexit? I'm in... on 13:17 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

For the amount of £ that is being wasted on this debacle we should be entitled to nknow what is going on and that ALL governemtn front benchers understand what needs to eb done instead of the blind leading the blind- isn't that fair?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024