Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United 11:19 - Oct 18 with 3816 viewsdavblue

I admire his optimism and he was great for the club, maybe 20 years ago they could have got to that level but they missed their chance, you are talking about one of the top 5 clubs in the world in terms of size and appeal.

They might get and overtake their level on the pitch but off it they won’t be able to touch them.
Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 11:34 - Oct 18 with 3780 viewschicoazul

Geordies in general are great but Newcastle fans are some of the most chronically deluded football fans its possible to find.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:48 - Oct 18 with 3728 viewsBlueastheycome

Why can't they be? They have a massive ground... (bigger than the Etihad) and the support base to fill it. They have the potential to be a very marketable identity.. unique black and white stripes.. a recognisable and fervent fan base. If they did go on to win a title and a few domestic and European cups consistently what is stopping them from taking over from Man U?
Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:54 - Oct 18 with 3713 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:48 - Oct 18 by Blueastheycome

Why can't they be? They have a massive ground... (bigger than the Etihad) and the support base to fill it. They have the potential to be a very marketable identity.. unique black and white stripes.. a recognisable and fervent fan base. If they did go on to win a title and a few domestic and European cups consistently what is stopping them from taking over from Man U?

Their ground is smaller than the Etihad, and the Etihad has loads more room to expand further.

Anything is possible I guess, but they would need to get owners on the level of Citys or PSG's for any of that to happen... not just some shark from the US, or prince from Saudi.

Gaining parity off the field / globally with United would probably take 30-40 years, and would require Utd to go backwards.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:58 - Oct 18 with 3704 viewsTractorCam

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:48 - Oct 18 by Blueastheycome

And how are they going to manage that?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:59 - Oct 18 with 3697 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:58 - Oct 18 by TractorCam

"a few domestic titles and european cups"

......easy.

;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 13:10 - Oct 18 with 3678 viewsBlueastheycome

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:59 - Oct 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

"a few domestic titles and european cups"

......easy.

;-)

Well obviously that is not looking realistic but as a club the potential is there to be as big as United. More so than if Southampton or Swindon won the premier league title and European success etc.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 13:11]
Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 13:12 - Oct 18 with 3669 viewsBlueastheycome

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:58 - Oct 18 by TractorCam

A heck of a lot of money and good planning. See Man City
Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 13:15 - Oct 18 with 3668 viewsBlueastheycome

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 12:54 - Oct 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Their ground is smaller than the Etihad, and the Etihad has loads more room to expand further.

Anything is possible I guess, but they would need to get owners on the level of Citys or PSG's for any of that to happen... not just some shark from the US, or prince from Saudi.

Gaining parity off the field / globally with United would probably take 30-40 years, and would require Utd to go backwards.

Yeah you've got me on the stadium size after checking my facts.

In an alternative universe and the owners of Man City plumped for Newcastle instead.. I don't see why being as big as united as such a far off statement to make.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 13:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 13:26 - Oct 18 with 3650 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 13:15 - Oct 18 by Blueastheycome

Yeah you've got me on the stadium size after checking my facts.

In an alternative universe and the owners of Man City plumped for Newcastle instead.. I don't see why being as big as united as such a far off statement to make.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 13:15]

Man City had more potential than Newcastle, thats why the owners chose them.

1. A big ground that has room to expand to a capacity of 80,000+ if needed (or larger probably).
2. Even more surrounding land allowing them to create the best football campus in the world.
3. Manchester is already a HUGE brand known around the world. You cant say the same about Newcastle.

Newcastle can grow to be a huge club, but very very very unlikely it will compete with the scale of Man United on the global stage.

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 13:30 - Oct 18 with 3638 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 13:26 - Oct 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Man City had more potential than Newcastle, thats why the owners chose them.

1. A big ground that has room to expand to a capacity of 80,000+ if needed (or larger probably).
2. Even more surrounding land allowing them to create the best football campus in the world.
3. Manchester is already a HUGE brand known around the world. You cant say the same about Newcastle.

Newcastle can grow to be a huge club, but very very very unlikely it will compete with the scale of Man United on the global stage.

Worth adding that Man City are still nowhere near the size of United also

I don’t think anyone can realistically disagree that Newcastle do have the potential to be a big club, but Man U are on an entirely different level to anyone bar Real Madrid and Barcelona really

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 15:39 - Oct 18 with 3540 viewsIllinoisblue

when you say "potential to be a very marketable identity" - did you feel your soul shrinking up inside you, never to be felt again?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

on 15:54 - Oct 18 with 3527 views_

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 15:58 - Oct 18 with 3517 viewsBlueastheycome

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 15:39 - Oct 18 by Illinoisblue

when you say "potential to be a very marketable identity" - did you feel your soul shrinking up inside you, never to be felt again?

Not at all.

I'm coming at it from a multi billionaires angle.
Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 16:16 - Oct 18 with 3493 viewsIllinoisblue

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 15:58 - Oct 18 by Blueastheycome

Not at all.

I'm coming at it from a multi billionaires angle.

ok. And what drugs were you on when you wrote this bit: If they did go on to win a title and a few domestic and European cups consistently what is stopping them from taking over from Man U?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 16:30 - Oct 18 with 3473 viewsBlueastheycome

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 16:16 - Oct 18 by Illinoisblue

ok. And what drugs were you on when you wrote this bit: If they did go on to win a title and a few domestic and European cups consistently what is stopping them from taking over from Man U?

Magic mushrooms
Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 16:34 - Oct 18 with 3465 viewschicoazul

Unique black and white stripes

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 16:41 - Oct 18 with 3458 views_

Sir John Hall claiming Newcastle can be as big as Man United on 16:34 - Oct 18 by chicoazul

Unique black and white stripes

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024