Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you dispose of an invading spider? 16:38 - Oct 18 with 3211 viewsjeera

Don't you just hate it when this happens?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/man-burn-spider-house-down-blow

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:41 - Oct 18 with 3193 viewsfactual_blue

The moment that the picture showed policemen from the States, I knew I didn't really need to read any of the story at all.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:47 - Oct 18 with 3186 viewsJ2BLUE

About 10 years ago my mate, who was about 25 at the time, was home alone (lived with parents and they were on holiday for two weeks) and saw a spider in his hallway. He actually left his house in the middle of the night and didn't go back for ages because of the spider...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:51 - Oct 18 with 3174 viewsjeera

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:47 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

About 10 years ago my mate, who was about 25 at the time, was home alone (lived with parents and they were on holiday for two weeks) and saw a spider in his hallway. He actually left his house in the middle of the night and didn't go back for ages because of the spider...

Which, in his defence, is better than burning the place down!

Place I'm in atm...I've never seen so many creepy crawlies.

Name them, I get them. Heck knows where they're coming from.

I use a jar btw.

on 16:53 - Oct 18 with 3165 views_

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:47 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:54 - Oct 18 with 3162 viewsJ2BLUE

on 16:53 - Oct 18 by _

The stupidest part is he then had to go back not knowing where it was...

Truly impaired.

on 16:55 - Oct 18 with 3155 views_

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:54 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:56 - Oct 18 with 3149 viewsJ2BLUE

on 16:55 - Oct 18 by _

That's not even in the top 10!

Truly impaired.

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 17:02 - Oct 18 with 3132 viewsStokieBlue

Americans don't really seem to have mastered pest repellents and suchlike.

Last year I was in Central America and I know I always get destroyed by mosquitoes. Knowing this I decided to order some 97% deet from Amazon knowing that the US military developed deet for their soldiers in Vietnam and that you can only buy 30% deet in most UK shops.

Tried the stuff at Tikal and it did absolutely nothing. Didn't stop a single mosquito from massacring me. It did however leak in my rucksack later on and burn a hole through the plastic so I had to lob it out.

Basically they had made a repellent that didn't repel anything whilst eating its way through modern plastic.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 17:11 - Oct 18 with 3108 viewsWeWereZombies

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:54 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

OK, maybe blue_oyster is right, we need a six man police patrol on every street 24/7 so this kind of thing is stopped.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 17:16 - Oct 18 with 3094 viewsblue_oyster

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 16:41 - Oct 18 by factual_blue

The moment that the picture showed policemen from the States, I knew I didn't really need to read any of the story at all.

Or indeed look at the picture and see that they're firemen.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:29 - Oct 18 with 3014 viewsgerard1947

I'd never knowingly hurt a spider, I find them fascinating. I've never understood what makes people so fearful of such small things? I might feel differently if I lived in Australia but I'd happily let ours crawl over my hand. We live in the sticks so spiders are regular visitors. We slept last night with a beauty on the bedroom ceiling, it had gone in the morning so where it wandered during the night who knows. The only downside is spider poo I suppose.
How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:30 - Oct 18 with 3009 viewsSpruceMoose

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:29 - Oct 18 by gerard1947

I'd never knowingly hurt a spider, I find them fascinating. I've never understood what makes people so fearful of such small things? I might feel differently if I lived in Australia but I'd happily let ours crawl over my hand. We live in the sticks so spiders are regular visitors. We slept last night with a beauty on the bedroom ceiling, it had gone in the morning so where it wandered during the night who knows. The only downside is spider poo I suppose.

I probably went inside you. Who knows its chosen route of entry.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:45 - Oct 18 with 2989 viewsgerard1947

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:30 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

You mean like the old lady who swallowed a fly ... perhaps I will die.
How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:52 - Oct 18 with 2983 viewsjeera

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:30 - Oct 18 by SpruceMoose

He'd have noticed the antlers.

They're gonna get stuck, surely.

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:54 - Oct 18 with 2981 viewsjeera

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:29 - Oct 18 by gerard1947

I vet my spiders.

I catch the uglier looking types and put them outside but tend to keep most of the others.

I need them to temper the numbers of every other damn thing that seems to find its way indoors.

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 21:47 - Oct 18 with 2921 viewsfactual_blue

Clearly the best place to find the answer is on the Web.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 02:00 - Oct 19 with 2841 viewsSwansea_Blue

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 19:54 - Oct 18 by jeera

I vet my spiders.

I catch the uglier looking types and put them outside but tend to keep most of the others.

I need them to temper the numbers of every other damn thing that seems to find its way indoors.

Jeera's place. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 02:01 - Oct 19 with 2839 viewsSwansea_Blue

How do you dispose of an invading spider? on 17:16 - Oct 18 by blue_oyster

Or indeed look at the picture and see that they're firemen.

Stock photo probably. If you look closely I bet it says copyright Archant in the bottom corner.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024