Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. 19:39 - Oct 18 with 5115 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

...during the summer.

Chelsea spent £200m.

I hate football.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 19:59 - Oct 18 with 4342 viewsvapour_trail

However rommers, and I detest Chelsea more than the average football man, their net spend was pretty much zero.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:03 - Oct 18 with 4316 viewsIllinoisblue

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 19:59 - Oct 18 by vapour_trail

However rommers, and I detest Chelsea more than the average football man, their net spend was pretty much zero.

nah, feck 'em. A vile club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:27 - Oct 18 with 4280 viewsvapour_trail

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:03 - Oct 18 by Illinoisblue

nah, feck 'em. A vile club.

I lived in sw London when the Russians rolled in. I hate Chelsea, before and after.

But that aside they haven't spent this summer on transfers, they've broken even. They've probably spent on wages, but I think the likes of Abramovic are a little tentative about taking on the arabs and the Chinese. They're almost old money now.

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:31 - Oct 18 with 4270 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 19:59 - Oct 18 by vapour_trail

But for the manager to complain that he's been given no money for transfers, that ignores the £200m he spent on transfers.

It's bonkers

It's a crazy world we live in Vapes

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:35 - Oct 18 with 4259 viewsvapour_trail

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:31 - Oct 18 by The_Romford_Blue

But for the manager to complain that he's been given no money for transfers, that ignores the £200m he spent on transfers.

It's bonkers

It's a crazy world we live in Vapes

I disagree. He raised pretty much 200m in outgoing business. So the funds have been equalised. There's no additional backing for a squad entering European competition after a massive gap of one calendar year.

To be clear, I have no interest in defending the boy conte, but he hasn't had capital investment in the squad this summer.

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:39 - Oct 18 with 4243 viewsJ2BLUE

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:35 - Oct 18 by vapour_trail

I disagree. He raised pretty much 200m in outgoing business. So the funds have been equalised. There's no additional backing for a squad entering European competition after a massive gap of one calendar year.

To be clear, I have no interest in defending the boy conte, but he hasn't had capital investment in the squad this summer.

Agreed. Conte has seen United strengthen significantly, including signing Matic from his own team. City have splashed out. He probably feels they have lost significant ground and have an extra competition to play in. I can understand it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:40 - Oct 18 with 4236 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:35 - Oct 18 by vapour_trail

He bombed out two of his best players in Matic and Costa. He said they could leave as he wanted improvements.

If he spunked the money after selling them on inadequate replacements, I think it's unfair on the owner to then come out to the press and moan that he hasn't had the money to buy top class players.

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:41 - Oct 18 with 4235 viewsvapour_trail

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:39 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

Agreed. Conte has seen United strengthen significantly, including signing Matic from his own team. City have splashed out. He probably feels they have lost significant ground and have an extra competition to play in. I can understand it.

All that aside in terms of income generated from sales and loan fees, Chelsea pretty much recovered what they invested in recruitment.

The balance sheet is neutral.

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:42 - Oct 18 with 4226 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:39 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

He bombed matic out to be fair

He reportedly told matic and Costa at the end of last season they could leave if the right bids came for them

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:51 - Oct 18 with 4203 viewsJ2BLUE

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:42 - Oct 18 by The_Romford_Blue

He bombed matic out to be fair

He reportedly told matic and Costa at the end of last season they could leave if the right bids came for them

Selling Matic was his decision?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:58 - Oct 18 with 4184 viewsIllinoisblue

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:27 - Oct 18 by vapour_trail

I lived in sw London when the Russians rolled in. I hate Chelsea, before and after.

But that aside they haven't spent this summer on transfers, they've broken even. They've probably spent on wages, but I think the likes of Abramovic are a little tentative about taking on the arabs and the Chinese. They're almost old money now.

it is interesting to think of Abramovich as yesterday's man.

62 - 78 - 81

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:59 - Oct 18 with 4184 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:51 - Oct 18 by J2BLUE

Selling Matic was his decision?

Apparently so

As soon as mourinho heard he was available, he went straight for him

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 21:01 - Oct 18 with 4173 viewsvapour_trail

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:58 - Oct 18 by Illinoisblue

it is interesting to think of Abramovich as yesterday's man.

Yeah right. We are heading that way though.

Do you reckon illy, there will be kids in 20 years time wishing for the good old days of abramovic?

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 21:09 - Oct 18 with 4158 viewsIllinoisblue

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 21:01 - Oct 18 by vapour_trail

Yeah right. We are heading that way though.

Do you reckon illy, there will be kids in 20 years time wishing for the good old days of abramovic?

it's football, Jim, but not as we know it. I think we are destined to stay in championship purgatory until the end of time. Congrats to us, though, for attracting a mult-millionaire owner only to pish it all away under Keane and Jewell and thus scare the owner away from spending any more. Ho hum. Sunday's where it's at. ESPN3 6am. COYB

62 - 78 - 81

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 21:38 - Oct 18 with 4097 viewsfactual_blue

If you have sky TV, get rid of it. Urge everyone you know to do the same.
You are the architect of this hatred if you support sky.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 23:38 - Oct 18 with 3964 viewsFreddies_Ears

One of their fans (who probably used to "support" Liverpool) called 6-0-6 recently and demanded that Abramovich should go if he isn't prepared to get his chequebook out!!!!!!!
Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 00:18 - Oct 19 with 3936 viewsvapour_trail

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 23:38 - Oct 18 by Freddies_Ears

One of their fans (who probably used to "support" Liverpool) called 6-0-6 recently and demanded that Abramovich should go if he isn't prepared to get his chequebook out!!!!!!!

See above. Zero net spend, they're committed to balanced books now.

Why I am defending these c*nts?

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 07:58 - Oct 19 with 3868 viewschicoazul

This is what Chelsea do every season after they win the league though. Roman's money goes into hiding. that's why their coach always leaves the season after they win it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 08:17 - Oct 19 with 3837 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 20:40 - Oct 18 by The_Romford_Blue

He bombed out two of his best players in Matic and Costa. He said they could leave as he wanted improvements.

If he spunked the money after selling them on inadequate replacements, I think it's unfair on the owner to then come out to the press and moan that he hasn't had the money to buy top class players.

1) It seems very apparent that Conte didn’t want to sell Matic, and particularly not to Man U. However, the Chelsea hierarchy seemingly deemed the bid too good to turn down

2) Yes he spent some money and some of the signings can perhaps be questioned, but again it’s fairly apparent that the players signed weren’t his first choices. Lukaku, Llorente and Candreva were all players Conte reportedly wanted but the board failed to get. Conte’s frustration is that the board were unable to get the players he wanted - particularly Llorente which has left them with a gaping hole in the squad

3) Conte won the league in his first season and set a new record points total for the Premier League era along the way. This season has barely been a disaster either, although Man City already look too far ahead results have been good save for a bit of a disaster opening day and a defeat at Palace without their best striker. I think he knows what he’s doing

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 08:18 - Oct 19 with 3833 viewsTLA

Chelsea's net spend in the summer window was £90m, only behind the two Manchester clubs. They would have been pretty much on a par if Barkley hadn't turned them down on the last day. They also sold quite a few players who had been on loan for ages, so not really depleting their playing squad.
Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 08:28 - Oct 19 with 3813 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 08:18 - Oct 19 by TLA

Chelsea's net spend in the summer window was £90m, only behind the two Manchester clubs. They would have been pretty much on a par if Barkley hadn't turned them down on the last day. They also sold quite a few players who had been on loan for ages, so not really depleting their playing squad.

I think you’re being slightly disingenuous there - that figure doesn’t include the sale of Costa which admittedly isn’t technically a Summer transfer, but is effectively one given that he is not playing for them. With Costa included, their net spend is indeed pretty much zero, based on data from Transfermarkt

As per my post above though, it isn’t just about the amounts but the fact top targets were not landed that is the cause of Contes frustrations

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 09:17 - Oct 19 with 3765 viewsvapour_trail

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 08:28 - Oct 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think you’re being slightly disingenuous there - that figure doesn’t include the sale of Costa which admittedly isn’t technically a Summer transfer, but is effectively one given that he is not playing for them. With Costa included, their net spend is indeed pretty much zero, based on data from Transfermarkt

As per my post above though, it isn’t just about the amounts but the fact top targets were not landed that is the cause of Contes frustrations

They've also banked a hefty sum in loan fees as well.

To your earlier point, I'd say their early league form has been pretty poor given the way they powered through last season. A home defeat to Burnley and defeat at a place side that had lost all seven previous games.

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 09:20 - Oct 19 with 3761 viewsTLA

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 08:28 - Oct 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I did kind of know what I was doing but I think Conte wants out and his stubbornness with Costa is his own fault. Even factoring Costa in, they probably spent £40m more than Spurs and tried to spend another £70m on the last day on Barkley and Oxlade-Chamberlain. It seems that money was available to a similar level of their rivals. They also spend a fortune on young players and loan about 30 of them out at any given time.
Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 09:23 - Oct 19 with 3751 viewsStokieBlue

Also complained about not having enough players...

Chelsea have 75 professionals on their books - they are just all out on loan.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 09:39 - Oct 19 with 3723 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Apparently the Chelsea manager is moaning about not being properly backed.. on 09:20 - Oct 19 by TLA

I did kind of know what I was doing but I think Conte wants out and his stubbornness with Costa is his own fault. Even factoring Costa in, they probably spent £40m more than Spurs and tried to spend another £70m on the last day on Barkley and Oxlade-Chamberlain. It seems that money was available to a similar level of their rivals. They also spend a fortune on young players and loan about 30 of them out at any given time.

The Costa saga had been rumbling since before Conte though, with him wanting out for a while. It was always going to end that way sooner or later

Re the players they tried to sign - that is pretty much my point, they were only in for those players desperately on the last day as moves for first choice targets hadn't come off. Also not sure it's fair to suggest they would have spent another £70m, as presumably had they signed one they wouldn't have signed the other, and likely wouldn't have signed Drinkwater either who was seemingly about 9th choice when all the other moves had failed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024