Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flying Scotsman a doubt for the weekend.... 21:24 - Oct 18 with 1960 viewsITFC_Forever

Was supposed to travelling from Norwich to Ipswich and back on Saturday.

But the hot box is damaged and they don’t know if it’ll be repaired in time.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/flying-scotsman-no-longer-coming-to-norwich-after-br

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Flying Scotsman a doubt for the weekend.... on 21:34 - Oct 18 with 1927 viewsuefacup81

Was just chatting about that with a mate down the pub.

I imagine, after all the money they'll lose from today, and will lose from Saturday if Scot doesn't run, they've limped her into Wanstead and are paying whatever it takes to have people working on her 24/7 to get her fit for Saturday.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Flying Scotsman a doubt for the weekend.... on 23:42 - Oct 18 with 1815 viewsFreddies_Ears

It just shows how lucky we are to have such a wonderful, reliable rail service using modern locos that never break down. oh.
Flying Scotsman a doubt for the weekend.... on 00:59 - Oct 19 with 1771 viewsHARRY10

Flying Scotsman a doubt for the weekend.... on 21:34 - Oct 18 by uefacup81

Was just chatting about that with a mate down the pub.

I imagine, after all the money they'll lose from today, and will lose from Saturday if Scot doesn't run, they've limped her into Wanstead and are paying whatever it takes to have people working on her 24/7 to get her fit for Saturday.

just the one day in July ?

i would have thought they would not wait all that while
Flying Scotsman a doubt for the weekend.... on 09:20 - Oct 19 with 1661 viewsElderGrizzly

Just read on a local Ely message board, that their trip last night still went ahead, but pulled by a ‘vintage’ diesel.

Same plan for Saturday apparently, with compensation/discount given.

I’m assuming a vintage diesel is just an Abellio Greater Anglia Intercity?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024