Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So are crime rates up or down? 15:10 - Oct 19 with 1799 viewsWeWereZombies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41677046

13% up in the last year to June, but improvements to recording of crime may have something to do with it. With a downward trend in murder in figures to 2014 this new increase is particularly disturbing. No doubt blue_oyster will explain it all for us.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

So are crime rates up or down? on 15:43 - Oct 19 with 1781 viewsBergholtBru

Rates pretty much the same in Bergholt I believe.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

So are crime rates up or down? on 16:35 - Oct 19 with 1763 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I don't think that improvements in recording would account for as much as a 13% increase.

With all-time low levels of officers on the streets, how can crime not be increasing?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

So are crime rates up or down? on 16:50 - Oct 19 with 1749 viewsyorkshireblue

So are crime rates up or down? on 16:35 - Oct 19 by ThisIsMyUsername

I don't think that improvements in recording would account for as much as a 13% increase.

With all-time low levels of officers on the streets, how can crime not be increasing?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/19/first-police-force-britain-set-axe-pc
So are crime rates up or down? on 16:57 - Oct 19 with 1744 viewsThisIsMyUsername

So are crime rates up or down? on 16:50 - Oct 19 by yorkshireblue

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/19/first-police-force-britain-set-axe-pc

Hadn't seen that yet. Community policing is essentially a thing of the past. The local 'beat' officers who are left care massively about the areas they work in and work their b0llocks off to try to have an impact.

So are crime rates up or down? on 17:04 - Oct 19 with 1735 viewsWeWereZombies

So are crime rates up or down? on 16:50 - Oct 19 by yorkshireblue

'Mr Bailey said the force had seen a big increase in serious crimes such as "rape, sexual offences, adult and child abuse, indecent images, drugs and serious violence as well as cyber crime".'

This point was made by another poster in blue_oyster's thread yesterday, seems reasonable that they should concentrate on the most damaging crimes. There is a counter argument that if you ignore the 'volume' crime you miss perpetrators who escalate from petty thievery and suchlike, this costs more in the long run. But it also needs a highly trained force to achieve so worrying about bobbies on the beat still does not have much purchase.

Unison claim 'PCSOs don’t just wander around the county in uniform to reassure the public, they also do valuable work that helps keep everyone safe.' Yet when I went into the PCSO staffed office in one town they did not even have the authority to issue an incident number for damage to my car (not even the one stuffing his face with some muck from Subway) and I had a two walk two miles to the proper Police Station, which was closed until the next day. Shame that they are losing their jobs but I do not think they will be missed too much.

So are crime rates up or down? on 17:18 - Oct 19 with 1724 viewsWeWereZombies

So are crime rates up or down? on 16:35 - Oct 19 by ThisIsMyUsername

If you click on links in the BBC article some other factors come to light. A 29% increase in hate crime in the last year and, shameful thing, that included a rise in physical, verbal and online attacks on disabled children to 450 from 181 just a couple of years ago. I don't think you can blame a fall in police numbers for this , something has gone rotten elsewhere for these bizarre offence to increase

So are crime rates up or down? on 18:06 - Oct 19 with 1711 viewsThisIsMyUsername

So are crime rates up or down? on 17:18 - Oct 19 by WeWereZombies

If you click on links in the BBC article some other factors come to light. A 29% increase in hate crime in the last year and, shameful thing, that included a rise in physical, verbal and online attacks on disabled children to 450 from 181 just a couple of years ago. I don't think you can blame a fall in police numbers for this , something has gone rotten elsewhere for these bizarre offence to increase

Absolutely. Those figures are shocking. My point was just that when police officer numbers are falling it seems impossible that crime figures will not go up in general.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024