Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids 15:10 - Oct 19 with 24828 viewsvapour_trail

Thoughts?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 23:21 - Oct 19 with 5172 viewstcblue

I occasionally got whalloped as a kid - fortunately no lasting physical damage but I remember being deeply embarrassed for my dad as much as me, even at an early age, when he would do it in public. I would also often ham it up if he did so, which was a pretty odious thing to do, now I understand it was because he lost control and that was me purposely letting everyone know that.

If you can't think of punishment far worse than corporal to discipline your kids then I weep for you, there's really far better ways in every dimension.
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 23:24 - Oct 19 with 5167 viewsvapour_trail

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 23:06 - Oct 19 by blue_oyster

You make no sense with your straw man argument, and cynically pretend that families are constantly beating up their own children so you can approve of laws that will infringe on the lives of good people.

Please do highlight my cynical pretence that families are constantly beating up their own children.

Thanks in advance.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 00:24 - Oct 20 with 5130 viewsCurrie10

I was never hit as a kid. However, I was at times ' threatened ' with the slipper which absolutely terrorfied me, and quickly made me realise my actions were wrong. I didn't play up often, however when I was told ' don't do this please ' I would have probably ignored. Seeing the slipper appear was a different kettle of fish however!

I don't agree with all this passive treatment and letting kids run circles around parents. That said some of their skills mean they get what they deserve in that respect. Jesus some horrific ' parents ' out there. Obviously some very good too!

Also wish ' adults ' would have thought before producing 7 8 9 kids when they cannot look after one - however that's a story for a rainy day.

As for taking I pad off a 7 year old - I can assure you when I have kids they won't be having tech devices until much older. When I was 7, I was happy playing Lego and developing that way. Madness how parents shove tech devices on children at such a young age and wonder why they cannot concentrate. Worlds gone mad.

I then see ' parents ' walking down the street on their mobile phone, not giving two hoots about their child and what they're up to. I see ' parents ' dragging their child across red men, while on their phone. For heavens sake, if you don't want to raise them properly, don't bother having one in the first place.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 0:31]
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 13:47 - Oct 20 with 5060 viewsblue_oyster

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 23:24 - Oct 19 by vapour_trail

Please do highlight my cynical pretence that families are constantly beating up their own children.

Thanks in advance.

'People who like hitting kids' -- a nasty, spiteful way to describe people who have successfully and lovingly disciplined their children for the benefit of all.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 13:55 - Oct 20 with 5044 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 13:47 - Oct 20 by blue_oyster

'People who like hitting kids' -- a nasty, spiteful way to describe people who have successfully and lovingly disciplined their children for the benefit of all.

Lovingly hitting someone? You don't see how that sounds...well...weird?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 13:59 - Oct 20 with 5038 viewsHerbivore

Lolz.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:08 - Oct 20 with 5028 viewsitfcjoe

Not sure on it - my boy isn't at that age, but at times have given (a very) gentle slap (tap?) on the fingers or wrists if he is constantly doing something and touching something he shouldn't be to try and teach him not to.

I remember being 'smacked' by my parents, I hated it but always behaved afterwards - and they were only ever light smacks. It meant I knew I had done something wrong - but no way would my parents physically hurt me, and I wouldn't either down the line.

Guess it depends on the character of the person doing it - people are either violent or not, and can control their temper or not - smacking a kid and physically hurting them as mentioned a few times on this thread like Ryorry, or the guy who's Dad 'walloped' him is a totally different scenario.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:15 - Oct 20 with 5007 viewsblue_oyster

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 13:55 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

Lovingly hitting someone? You don't see how that sounds...well...weird?

Indeed, if I had said that. But of course, I didn't. Another dollop from the moose...

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:27 - Oct 20 with 4993 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:15 - Oct 20 by blue_oyster

Indeed, if I had said that. But of course, I didn't. Another dollop from the moose...

I admire your trolling Geoffrey, I really do. I also pity it though. I wonder if there is there a word that encompasses both those feelings.

What else other than 'lovingly hitting' did you mean by 'lovingly disciplined', on a thread when you are advocating the hitting of children?

0/10 - Must troll harder.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 14:30]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:30 - Oct 20 with 4982 viewsblue_oyster

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:27 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

I admire your trolling Geoffrey, I really do. I also pity it though. I wonder if there is there a word that encompasses both those feelings.

What else other than 'lovingly hitting' did you mean by 'lovingly disciplined', on a thread when you are advocating the hitting of children?

0/10 - Must troll harder.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 14:30]

I'm enjoying your increasingly regular position of defeat. Getting a bit all too common now, eh?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:31 - Oct 20 with 4975 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:30 - Oct 20 by blue_oyster

I'm enjoying your increasingly regular position of defeat. Getting a bit all too common now, eh?

I think that says a lot about you.

Now, if you wouldn't mind answering the question please?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:53 - Oct 20 with 4939 viewsRyorry

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 23:21 - Oct 19 by tcblue

I occasionally got whalloped as a kid - fortunately no lasting physical damage but I remember being deeply embarrassed for my dad as much as me, even at an early age, when he would do it in public. I would also often ham it up if he did so, which was a pretty odious thing to do, now I understand it was because he lost control and that was me purposely letting everyone know that.

If you can't think of punishment far worse than corporal to discipline your kids then I weep for you, there's really far better ways in every dimension.

I'm not a parent, so apols in advance if this is unlikely, but your firsst para made me think - might not some little blighters manipulatively use the new law as a stick to threaten their parents with? (sorry!) - eg "if you don't let me have/do XYZ I'll tell school that you smacked me" or whatever?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:56 - Oct 20 with 4929 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:31 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

I think that says a lot about you.

Now, if you wouldn't mind answering the question please?

Please, please, please stop responding to him. He doesn't give a toss about any of the stuff he trolls about, he gets off on people falling for it, and all it ends up with is page after page of him lousing up what could be decent discussions.
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:28 - Oct 20 with 4887 viewsblue_oyster

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 14:56 - Oct 20 by BlueLikeJazz

Please, please, please stop responding to him. He doesn't give a toss about any of the stuff he trolls about, he gets off on people falling for it, and all it ends up with is page after page of him lousing up what could be decent discussions.

I heartily recommend the first sentence in your post.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:32 - Oct 20 with 4876 viewsDarth_Koont

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:28 - Oct 20 by blue_oyster

I heartily recommend the first sentence in your post.

Phil or Gav can help you out with this.

Pronouns: He/Him

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:33 - Oct 20 with 4872 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:32 - Oct 20 by Darth_Koont

Phil or Gav can help you out with this.

But where else in life would he get the attention he so obviously craves?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:33 - Oct 20 with 4870 viewsBenters

Thoughts?

When i were a lad and it did something naughty at school,i would get a slap from the teacher,the headmaster would cane me,then id go home and id get a kicking from my father.

Now the little barstools play up and they know you cant give them a good thrashing.

Bring back the Birch.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:35 - Oct 20 with 4864 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:33 - Oct 20 by Benters

Thoughts?

When i were a lad and it did something naughty at school,i would get a slap from the teacher,the headmaster would cane me,then id go home and id get a kicking from my father.

Now the little barstools play up and they know you cant give them a good thrashing.

Bring back the Birch.

"When i were a lad and it did something naughty at school,i would get a slap from the teacher,the headmaster would cane me,then id go home and id get a kicking from my father."

Yeah, and look how you turned out. Cruel and demented.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:36 - Oct 20 with 4862 viewsDarth_Koont

Thoughts?

Bring back the Birch.

Maybe they were trying to knock some sense into you?

That didn't work either.

Pronouns: He/Him

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:37 - Oct 20 with 4855 viewsRyorry

Thoughts?

Bring back the Birch.

Well I'd certainly say you're the living proof that corporal punishment should be a massive no-no!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 15:38]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:40 - Oct 20 with 4845 viewsBenters

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:35 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

"When i were a lad and it did something naughty at school,i would get a slap from the teacher,the headmaster would cane me,then id go home and id get a kicking from my father."

Yeah, and look how you turned out. Cruel and demented.

Harsh but fair .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:41 - Oct 20 with 4837 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:40 - Oct 20 by Benters

Harsh but fair .

Glad you agree. Perhaps you're not beyond hope just yet.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:24 - Oct 20 with 4793 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 22:11 - Oct 19 by tcblue

Ritalin isn't literally speed, if that's what you mean. That's not to say it isn't a questionable substance to give kids, but it isn't literally speed (although it is a stimulant).

#talktofrank

Take a 30MG of adderall and get back to me!
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:34 - Oct 20 with 4781 viewsvapour_trail

Thoughts?

Bring back the Birch.

The prosecution rests it's case m'lud.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:38 - Oct 20 with 4768 viewsvapour_trail

So, the cynical pretence that families are constantly beating up their own children?

If you'd kindly back that up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024