Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids 15:10 - Oct 19 with 24734 viewsvapour_trail

Thoughts?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:41 - Oct 20 with 4721 viewsBergholtBru

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:34 - Oct 20 by vapour_trail

The prosecution rests it's case m'lud.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:42 - Oct 20 with 4717 viewsBenters

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:34 - Oct 20 by vapour_trail

The prosecution rests it's case m'lud.

bore off.

Fancy a pint Sunday?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:43 - Oct 20 with 4713 viewsvapour_trail

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:42 - Oct 20 by Benters

bore off.

Fancy a pint Sunday?

Not likely.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:44 - Oct 20 with 4705 viewsblue_oyster

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:38 - Oct 20 by vapour_trail

So, the cynical pretence that families are constantly beating up their own children?

If you'd kindly back that up?

Ignore it if you wish. It won't make it go away.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:46 - Oct 20 with 4698 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:42 - Oct 20 by Benters

bore off.

Fancy a pint Sunday?

You mean you're going?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:47 - Oct 20 with 4697 viewsDarth_Koont

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:44 - Oct 20 by blue_oyster

I suspect the same is true of you.

Nothing will stop you in your quest to ruin every thread including your own.

Pronouns: He/Him

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:47 - Oct 20 with 4693 viewsvapour_trail

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:44 - Oct 20 by blue_oyster

Ignore what?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:49 - Oct 20 with 4689 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:47 - Oct 20 by vapour_trail

Ignore what?

I think he's referring to himself?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 17:03 - Oct 20 with 4667 viewsblue_oyster

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:47 - Oct 20 by vapour_trail

Ignore what?

I already replied, you've ignored it. Willful ignorance is really no excuse.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 17:05 - Oct 20 with 4661 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 17:03 - Oct 20 by blue_oyster

Ever think of taking a day off, Geoffrey?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:49 - Oct 20 with 4623 viewsvapour_trail

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 17:49 - Oct 20 with 4623 viewsvapour_trail

Unreal.

The most heartening thing in this thread for me is the likes of you and the gardener who advocate being allowed to give the kids a bit of physical chastisement, are people without kids.

The loss to the planet on your genes petering out, not with a bang but a whimper, I'll leave for others to judge.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 18:23 - Oct 20 with 4604 viewsblue_oyster

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 17:49 - Oct 20 by vapour_trail

Unreal.

The most heartening thing in this thread for me is the likes of you and the gardener who advocate being allowed to give the kids a bit of physical chastisement, are people without kids.

The loss to the planet on your genes petering out, not with a bang but a whimper, I'll leave for others to judge.

Your true spite is there for all to see. Because of this you describe the people that you disagree with as 'people who like hitting kids', a deliberate lie.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 18:25 - Oct 20 with 4601 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 18:23 - Oct 20 by blue_oyster

Your true spite is there for all to see. Because of this you describe the people that you disagree with as 'people who like hitting kids', a deliberate lie.

He's back for the after tea session!

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 04:28 - Oct 21 with 4532 viewsBenters

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:43 - Oct 20 by vapour_trail

Not likely.

Result!

Gentlybentley

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 06:42 - Oct 21 with 4516 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:35 - Oct 20 by SpruceMoose

"When i were a lad and it did something naughty at school,i would get a slap from the teacher,the headmaster would cane me,then id go home and id get a kicking from my father."

Yeah, and look how you turned out. Cruel and demented.

For all of benters' faults, I genuinely don't think he is cruel.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:05 - Oct 21 with 4509 viewsBenters

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 06:42 - Oct 21 by The_Romford_Blue

For all of benters' faults, I genuinely don't think he is cruel.

As you seem to think you are another 'board policeman' which is just what we need,kindly list my other 'faults'
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 7:11]

Gentlybentley

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:11 - Oct 21 with 4501 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:05 - Oct 21 by Benters

As you seem to think you are another 'board policeman' which is just what we need,kindly list my other 'faults'
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 7:11]

Why would I do that? It would only cause a row

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:15 - Oct 21 with 4496 viewsBenters

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:11 - Oct 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Why would I do that? It would only cause a row

You can pm if you like.

Gentlybentley

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:23 - Oct 21 with 4488 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:15 - Oct 21 by Benters

You can pm if you like.

If you read my post, you'll have actually seen I was defending you

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:26 - Oct 21 with 4482 viewsBenters

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:23 - Oct 21 by The_Romford_Blue

If you read my post, you'll have actually seen I was defending you

yeah in a arse about face sort of way!

Gentlybentley

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 08:30 - Oct 21 with 4451 viewsHerbivore

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:26 - Oct 21 by Benters

He was nicer about you than you probably deserve, I'd take it if I were you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 08:36 - Oct 21 with 4444 viewsBackToRussia

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 07:26 - Oct 21 by Benters

Maybe because he has lots of reasons not you defend you at all. Silly.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 11:46 - Oct 21 with 4415 viewsjimmyvet

Based on the feedback on here it is a completely daft and and unenforceable law that is absolutely not needed. I can't think of any friends or relatives that have ever hit their children and those that would consider that surely will hit there children anyway?. It just means more money wasted more stretched social services more police resource and more court time wasted...for a crime that would apply to such a small minority.....would'nt this be better self regulated i.e you see s friend or family member striking a child you intervene or you are out in public and see it happen you intervene or take a picture and then report culprit....

A small tap on the hand if a young child is about to pick up a sharpe object that might do it harm I am not sure is child abuse? and just imagine the number of children who do have difficult up bringings and at certain times in their lives could use it to cause havoc for some decent parents...

it makes me feel uncomfortable....
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 12:01 - Oct 21 with 4403 viewsDarth_Koont

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 11:46 - Oct 21 by jimmyvet

Based on the feedback on here it is a completely daft and and unenforceable law that is absolutely not needed. I can't think of any friends or relatives that have ever hit their children and those that would consider that surely will hit there children anyway?. It just means more money wasted more stretched social services more police resource and more court time wasted...for a crime that would apply to such a small minority.....would'nt this be better self regulated i.e you see s friend or family member striking a child you intervene or you are out in public and see it happen you intervene or take a picture and then report culprit....

A small tap on the hand if a young child is about to pick up a sharpe object that might do it harm I am not sure is child abuse? and just imagine the number of children who do have difficult up bringings and at certain times in their lives could use it to cause havoc for some decent parents...

it makes me feel uncomfortable....

A few things...

- Making it illegal means you can intervene without being told to clear off and mind your own business.
- It's not just about protecting children from violence it's also about educating them and setting a good example. Resolving these things even with mild violence and a show of superior strength isn't the best preparation in life for our kids.
- Kids don't respond to corporal punishment as well as communication so it's self-defeating from the start
- Once upon a time, you could make almost your same entire argument for child sexual abuse. It's a sign of the times how we've moved on from that. And I'm sure we'll all look back on smacking kids the same way.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024