Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids 15:10 - Oct 19 with 24843 viewsvapour_trail

Thoughts?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:13 - Oct 19 with 8775 viewsBOjK

Sounds fair. I don't want Scottish people smacking my kids.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:14 - Oct 19 with 8772 viewsMattinLondon

To be honest I thought it already was. At times my parents used to smack me hard when I was a kid and it never altered the way I behaved - always considered physical punishments a complete waste of time.
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:15 - Oct 19 with 8769 viewsWeWereZombies

Sensible, you only smack your kids when you lose control. It's the persuading people not to lose control that is the hard bit, if a ban and the chance of punishment stops that then it can't be wrong.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:17 - Oct 19 with 8754 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good, it's time to move on from this being ok. The "never done my any harm" line is dated. If you give your 7 year old boy a little smack here and there because they are out of line what are they going to do in the playground when they think their little buddy is being a pain.

It will be far better to take their iPad off them for a week (if they can still afford them in Scotland).

The generation above mine needs to move with the times a little more.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 15:18]
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:22 - Oct 19 with 8718 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:17 - Oct 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good, it's time to move on from this being ok. The "never done my any harm" line is dated. If you give your 7 year old boy a little smack here and there because they are out of line what are they going to do in the playground when they think their little buddy is being a pain.

It will be far better to take their iPad off them for a week (if they can still afford them in Scotland).

The generation above mine needs to move with the times a little more.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 15:18]

Shouldn't even be allowed iPads. Kids today, don't know how to be bored. I reckon constant stimulation is a questionable thing.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:26 - Oct 19 with 8708 viewsgerard1947

Never felt the need to smack my kids. I can't remember my parents ever smacking me either.
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:27 - Oct 19 with 8704 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:22 - Oct 19 by SpruceMoose

Shouldn't even be allowed iPads. Kids today, don't know how to be bored. I reckon constant stimulation is a questionable thing.

That's another question worth investigating.

A lot of children seem to be diagnosed with ADHD and literally given speed to help them focus. Worrying.
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:29 - Oct 19 with 8695 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:27 - Oct 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That's another question worth investigating.

A lot of children seem to be diagnosed with ADHD and literally given speed to help them focus. Worrying.

"diagnosed with ADHD"

"literally given speed"

Don't suppose you know where one can obtain this subscription? Asking for a friend, like.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:31 - Oct 19 with 8681 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:29 - Oct 19 by SpruceMoose

"diagnosed with ADHD"

"literally given speed"

Don't suppose you know where one can obtain this subscription? Asking for a friend, like.

It's true. At least this side of the water.

It's very easy to get a prescription. Goes well with gin.
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:33 - Oct 19 with 8676 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:31 - Oct 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's true. At least this side of the water.

It's very easy to get a prescription. Goes well with gin.

But going back to the original post, I think it's a good thing. What can slapping your kids ever teach them other than it being ok to slap people when they don't do what you want.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:34 - Oct 19 with 8671 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:33 - Oct 19 by SpruceMoose

But going back to the original post, I think it's a good thing. What can slapping your kids ever teach them other than it being ok to slap people when they don't do what you want.

Well exactly.
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:35 - Oct 19 with 8662 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:34 - Oct 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Well exactly.

Indeed. That kind of behavior is best kept in the bedroom.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:35 - Oct 19 with 8656 viewsJ2BLUE

Ridiculous idea, if Sturgeon was my daughter i'd smack her in the mouth.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:36 - Oct 19 with 8659 viewsBackToRussia

Eh? It wasn't already? It is in england surely.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:37 - Oct 19 with 8644 viewsfooters

Just lock them in a box full of spiders. Never did me any harm.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:38 - Oct 19 with 8641 viewsblue_oyster

Surprise, surprise, the state further intervenes into private family life. *They* will decide how you bring up your children, not you.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:43 - Oct 19 with 8622 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:38 - Oct 19 by blue_oyster

Surprise, surprise, the state further intervenes into private family life. *They* will decide how you bring up your children, not you.

Surprise surprise, predictable response from you, Geoffrey.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:52 - Oct 19 with 8588 viewsBOjK

Do you take the same hands-off approach to sexual abuse as you do to physical abuse?

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:55 - Oct 19 with 8576 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:52 - Oct 19 by BOjK

Do you take the same hands-off approach to sexual abuse as you do to physical abuse?

This is his shtick. What ever the consensus seems to be, he'll take the opposing view and spend all day slow-trolling whoever he can get to bite. Sad really.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:57 - Oct 19 with 8557 viewsJ2BLUE

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:55 - Oct 19 by SpruceMoose

This is his shtick. What ever the consensus seems to be, he'll take the opposing view and spend all day slow-trolling whoever he can get to bite. Sad really.

People still respond for some reason.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:07 - Oct 19 with 8534 viewsvapour_trail

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 15:36 - Oct 19 by BackToRussia

Eh? It wasn't already? It is in england surely.

No, Scotland leading the way on this. Wales won't be far behind. Parents can currently claim a defence of justifiable assault for giving the kids a whack. That's quite a thing isn't it.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:13 - Oct 19 with 8518 viewsvapour_trail

Whilst the best outcomes of this are in terms of child protection and an inevitable cultural shift towards improved and more considered parenting, the fact that it winds up archaic religious fundamentalists, still adhering to the englishmans home is his castle mantra, such as your good self, is a very welcome bi-product.

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:15 - Oct 19 with 8508 viewsSpruceMoose

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:13 - Oct 19 by vapour_trail

Whilst the best outcomes of this are in terms of child protection and an inevitable cultural shift towards improved and more considered parenting, the fact that it winds up archaic religious fundamentalists, still adhering to the englishmans home is his castle mantra, such as your good self, is a very welcome bi-product.

Who are the government to tell him which defenseless people he can and can't assault violently in his own home?

Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:18 - Oct 19 with 8491 viewsElderGrizzly

What about giving smack to your kids?

Much more of an issue in Glasgow
Scotland making it illegal to smack your kids on 16:20 - Oct 19 with 8485 viewsSpruceMoose

Often beat your kids, do you?

[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 16:20]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024