Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre-match Norwich thoughts 15:23 - Oct 19 with 1429 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Firstly, I thank Nelson Oliveira for his comments about Ipswich. It has brought the Ipswich fan base together to unite as one ahead of the derby game on Sunday & adds an extra bite ahead of the fixture. His comments weren't necessary - he wouldn't say that about any other side prior to the fixture, and it is embarrassing as Luke Chambers, George Burley and Ray Crawford have clearly pointed out how fickle the Portuguese boy is. He's played a few times with a certain Cristiano Ronaldo for Portugal and thinks he's achieved a lot in the game, whereas, Ipswich will have always achieved more than what he will ever do in his career.

Anyway, Sunday's team selection. I'd personally change it a little bit. On quality, I don't really think there's a great deal between the sides, Norwich possibly edge it. However, on physicality and aggression, I think we are a lot stronger and think we should use that to our advantage as much as possible. We've got tenacious/aggressive players in this squad, as well as a group where the majority have been within this squad have played in this fixture a few times now and will know the true meaning of this fixture - unlike the Norwich squad assembled for this season.

4-3-3: Bialkowski; Iorfa, Chambers, Smith, Knudsen; Downes, Skuse, Adeyemi; Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick

Yes, Iorfa is in there. Yes, I'd much rather have Spence, but I believe Norwich's CBs are both over 6ft 3, and on that note, his height would be beneficial, even if that is the only benefit he has for Sunday. Webster didn't look quite right mentally on Saturday at Sheffield United, injury perhaps playing on his mind - Smith would play this fixture with a broken bone, sharpness/match fitness might not be there, but the head will be in the right frame of mind, and that's crucial.

Midfield 3 can play, they can be aggressive, they can be tenacious, there's energy and there's a strong presence in there with Adeyemi and Downes who can play a box-to-box role. It's a great game for Downes to really express himself in & make a name for himself, seeing as he has all the attributes for a fixture like this. Heard Tettey is out injured, so there's a real chance to have a strong physical presence in the midfield if he isn't playing.

Front 3 does heavily depend on the fitness of Joe Garner. I will feel much more confident about Sunday if he is confirmed fit. Massive player for us but we need him that extra bit more on Sunday. Interchangeable front 3 too and a positive, attack minded front 3. Options off the bench if it doesn't quick work out.

Game plan is simple for me. First 5-10mins has to be out of the blocks like we did with Sunderland and to really nail them and get into them as individuals on the first couple of challenges. Get the crowd behind the boys - that's crucial. Let them Norwich boys know they're in for a physical scrap and see who fancies it for the next 80-85mins. It will soon become clear the area to target if that person doesn't fancy it.

Would love someone to get into Nelson Oliveira too - like he said, they may have the better players, but it's a derby game and quality goes out of the window when it's 11 vs 11 and who wants it more will become successful.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Pre-match Norwich thoughts on 15:30 - Oct 19 with 1387 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I can't get excited about this derby compared to even recent seasons.
Pre-match Norwich thoughts on 15:39 - Oct 19 with 1346 viewsJ2BLUE

Pre-match Norwich thoughts on 15:30 - Oct 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I can't get excited about this derby compared to even recent seasons.

You tend to get excited after the match

...if we've lost.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pre-match Norwich thoughts on 17:13 - Oct 19 with 1218 viewsFixed_It

Pre-match Norwich thoughts on 15:39 - Oct 19 by J2BLUE

You tend to get excited after the match

...if we've lost.

Exactly this. Such negativity from so far away...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024