Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is The Queen Is Dead day. 09:14 - Oct 20 with 6649 viewsSuperfrans

Today, I will be mostly listening to the new deluxe reissue.

Any of you youngsters out there who weren't around when The Smiths first emerged, do yourself a favour and give it a listen. Turn on to Spotify and have a listen to the new Deluxe version of what, for my money, is the best album of the Eighties.

Such a crying shame that nobody is serving young music fans with anything like this today.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Today is The Queen Is Dead day. on 16:58 - Oct 20 with 654 viewsMullet

The demo version of I Know it's Over they put out is superb, even if not much of departure bar the lyrics and final mix.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Today is The Queen Is Dead day. on 23:32 - Oct 20 with 603 viewsWicklowBlue

Today is The Queen Is Dead day. on 16:58 - Oct 20 by Mullet

The demo version of I Know it's Over they put out is superb, even if not much of departure bar the lyrics and final mix.

Have you heard the demo sessions of There is a light? No doubt you have, for me fantastically better and so much more emotionally raw than the polished album version.

"There is a light in your eyes that never goes out.."

Huge huge fan of Mozza and Marr. Was too young to catch the Smiths live, but in 1989 was given a copy of the World Won't Listen. I was hooked and have been since.

I get the folks calling out the misery and woe in the music totally. But this is what Morrissey grew up with and struggled with over the years...but there is much more in the lyrics and music to uncover once you give it a listen. Mozzas lyrics are laced with wit and Marrs guitar work and production is unreal!

For me they stood out a mile back then and still do today! Dig into the production of How Soon is now and the multiple layers behind the music in that track.

Rant over...some will like, some will adore and some won't that is art. Nevertheless The Queen Is Dead will continue to be one of the best albums of all time and transcends the decades.

From one of my favourites on the album:

"Keats and Yeats are on your side, But you lose... cause weird lover Wilde is on mine"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024