Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' 11:19 - Oct 20 with 14102 viewstextbackup

If you work with a scummer does anyone else describe their co worker in this way?

Like he wouldn't be ok but you feel the need to say it!

Or is it just me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:34 - Oct 20 with 4644 viewsIllinoisblue

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:51 - Oct 20 by Townly

"That’s the weirdest most OTT reaction to a post ever on here."

"Ever?" Blimey, that's one hell of a degree of research in so short a time.

Perhaps it's because the last thing I think of when I'm dealing with a colleague is about the football team that they happen to support. Let alone posting in on a forum.

Your mention of ISIS and World War 1 automatically took you to the top of the OTT league.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:35 - Oct 20 with 4641 viewsIllinoisblue

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:02 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

It's almost as if they're human beings isn't it?

Fake news

62 - 78 - 81

on 12:35 - Oct 20 with 4639 views_

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:02 - Oct 20 by Benters

The word 'scum' is usually shouted by spoty virgins from behind the Police line.

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:40 - Oct 20 with 4629 viewsIllinoisblue

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:46 - Oct 20 by artsbossbeard

Coffee?

Tea, splash of milk one sugar, luv

62 - 78 - 81

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:41 - Oct 20 with 4631 viewsTownly

"Your mention of ISIS and World War 1 automatically took you to the top of the OTT league."

You took long enough to come up with that gem.

What on earth is the OTT league?

Never come across that before. Perhaps my research is lacking.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:44 - Oct 20 with 4614 viewsm14_blue

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:38 - Oct 20 by Townly

We're talking about someone who supports another football team here not the latest recruit to ISIS for goodness sake.

Even though that team might be our fiercest rival let's get some perspective. Why should it all encroach upon the work-place apart from genial banter? Take people for what they are not according to their allegiance on a Saturday (or Sunday) afternoon.

Those poor b-ggers in the trenches of WW1 even played a football game against those who were trying to kill them on another day. I bet they weren't bothered about what football team the fellow next to them in the trenches supported either.

Intense rivalry and all this silly "hate" business is for kids ... just like the match day aggro is (mostly.)

Of course we all want to win this game with intensity and it builds up with the increase in forum banter but losing will hardly effect my Sunday lunch, apart from a feeling of disappointment and a little anger no doubt as I down my first roast potato, but it will probably dissipate after the second glass of Sauterne.

Whilst almost all of that is true, it's a very serious response to a not very serious thread.

I'm fairly confident not many of our fans would seriously be surprised that work colleagues who happen to support Norwich can also be normal people underneath their disgusting yellow shirts.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:48 - Oct 20 with 4603 viewsJ2BLUE

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:28 - Oct 20 by yoda

As I've said before I live in Stowupland and have Norwich and Ipswich mates and there's no difference they just support both clubs,no one club holds the monopoly on idiots,the Ipswich bunch are all decent and i'd do anything for them and vice versa.Scum should be a term for pedo's and granny beaters not someone who chooses to follow another club.

You sicken me. As does Texters. We're two days from a derby and you want to talk about your feelings and take the sting out of the game. It goes without saying that we don't really 'hate' the fans of the other team. I hate yellow and green together, I hate their stadium, I hate their badge, I hate them being deluded enough to think they are anywhere near us as a club but I don't hate the muppets in the stands who are hoping they do us just like we'll be hoping we do them.

Why the hell does this need explaining? It's obvious. People can't even enjoy a major rivalry now without posting all sorts of complete sh1te.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:53 - Oct 20 with 4589 viewsTownly

"Whilst almost all of that is true, it's a very serious response to a not very serious thread."

Yes. I suppose you are correct and it wasn't aimed at the OP really as I often support a lot of what he has to say.

It is the hint of that propensity to judge people first and foremost by the football team that they support above other more important things that generated my "OTT" response on this occasion.

I read the PinkUn sometimes as well as this forum and the word "hate" has figured too much for me on both outlets over the past few days.
Login to get fewer ads

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:10 - Oct 20 with 4547 viewsIllinoisblue

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:41 - Oct 20 by Townly

"Your mention of ISIS and World War 1 automatically took you to the top of the OTT league."

You took long enough to come up with that gem.

What on earth is the OTT league?

Never come across that before. Perhaps my research is lacking.

Fly back to WOTB or are you banned from there?

62 - 78 - 81

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:10 - Oct 20 with 4547 viewsm14_blue

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:53 - Oct 20 by Townly

"Whilst almost all of that is true, it's a very serious response to a not very serious thread."

Yes. I suppose you are correct and it wasn't aimed at the OP really as I often support a lot of what he has to say.

It is the hint of that propensity to judge people first and foremost by the football team that they support above other more important things that generated my "OTT" response on this occasion.

I read the PinkUn sometimes as well as this forum and the word "hate" has figured too much for me on both outlets over the past few days.

Fair enough, can't really argue with that.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:17 - Oct 20 with 4535 viewsTownly

"Fly back to WOTB or are you banned from there?"

How thoroughly pathetic. Is that all you have?

There's no taking on that level of debate that's for sure.

By the way. What is WOTB? You seem to know a lot, what with all your research and that.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:19 - Oct 20 with 4526 viewsSpruceMoose

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:45 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

That’s the weirdest most OTT reaction to a post ever on here.

Is Dolly back?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:20 - Oct 20 with 4520 viewsSpruceMoose

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:03 - Oct 20 by artsbossbeard

Whilst pointing and dribbling.

And waving an FLA banner.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:24 - Oct 20 with 4509 viewscrunchie1978

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:48 - Oct 20 by J2BLUE

You sicken me. As does Texters. We're two days from a derby and you want to talk about your feelings and take the sting out of the game. It goes without saying that we don't really 'hate' the fans of the other team. I hate yellow and green together, I hate their stadium, I hate their badge, I hate them being deluded enough to think they are anywhere near us as a club but I don't hate the muppets in the stands who are hoping they do us just like we'll be hoping we do them.

Why the hell does this need explaining? It's obvious. People can't even enjoy a major rivalry now without posting all sorts of complete sh1te.

To true.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:38 - Oct 20 with 4478 viewsyoda

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:48 - Oct 20 by J2BLUE

Don't get me wrong I want to win on Sunday and will be gutted if you do us,but it's just a game,ultimately it won't change my life,I will get inundated with text messages no doubt but we've won plenty of derby games lately maybe if we hadn't i'd feel a little different.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:42 - Oct 20 with 4467 viewsGeoffSentence

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:36 - Oct 20 by IpswichIrish

Haven't met any of their fans but met Wes Hoolahan once and told him I was a Tractor boy and he said decent haha gentleman to be fair

I know the media likes to call us Tractor Boys, and we also use the term collectively in chant from time to time, but you are the first person that I have known to refer to themself as 'a tractor boy'.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:48 - Oct 20 with 4444 viewsGeoffSentence

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:42 - Oct 20 by ITFC_Forever

Bryan Gunn is a top man.... met him a few times as I used to deal with him through work and when he found out I was a Town fan, he'd usually chat about our fortunes and I was kind enough not to mention his air-kick too often.

We played in a corporate 6-a-side tournament at CR one year (I wore my Town top under my kit as protection) and he went out of his way to compliment me on my goalkeeping when I had a decent game that he was watching, which was a nice touch.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 11:47]

Talking of the air kick, I have met Robert Ullathorne at a mate's house in Ipswich and I must say that he was a decent chap, so it could not have happened to two nicer fellows.

I didnt mention the air kick though, didnt want him getting all tearful again.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:49 - Oct 20 with 4440 viewstextbackup

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:38 - Oct 20 by Townly

We're talking about someone who supports another football team here not the latest recruit to ISIS for goodness sake.

Even though that team might be our fiercest rival let's get some perspective. Why should it all encroach upon the work-place apart from genial banter? Take people for what they are not according to their allegiance on a Saturday (or Sunday) afternoon.

Those poor b-ggers in the trenches of WW1 even played a football game against those who were trying to kill them on another day. I bet they weren't bothered about what football team the fellow next to them in the trenches supported either.

Intense rivalry and all this silly "hate" business is for kids ... just like the match day aggro is (mostly.)

Of course we all want to win this game with intensity and it builds up with the increase in forum banter but losing will hardly effect my Sunday lunch, apart from a feeling of disappointment and a little anger no doubt as I down my first roast potato, but it will probably dissipate after the second glass of Sauterne.

I think I nearly cried at this, sorry

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:52 - Oct 20 with 4425 viewstextbackup

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:51 - Oct 20 by Townly

"That’s the weirdest most OTT reaction to a post ever on here."

"Ever?" Blimey, that's one hell of a degree of research in so short a time.

Perhaps it's because the last thing I think of when I'm dealing with a colleague is about the football team that they happen to support. Let alone posting in on a forum.

Not sure you've really grasped what I'm saying here. When talking about the ncfc at work to other ITFC mates I seem to always open the conversation with 'he's alright actually'... I don't struggle to work with him because of this... if anything I probably get on with him the most in the office, as we spend hours talking football.

Fwiw he is worried about Sunday

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:53 - Oct 20 with 4424 viewsTownly

"I think I nearly cried at this, sorry."

Please don't cry. I feel bad now.

Besides, I've already said that my posting wasn't really aimed at you.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 14:25 - Oct 20 with 4366 viewsIllinoisblue

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:53 - Oct 20 by Townly

"I think I nearly cried at this, sorry."

Please don't cry. I feel bad now.

Besides, I've already said that my posting wasn't really aimed at you.

townly trying to reply to the right post like

62 - 78 - 81

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 14:28 - Oct 20 with 4349 viewsTownly

"townly trying to reply to the right post like"

Like what ?
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:23 - Oct 21 with 4188 viewssticklegs

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:28 - Oct 20 by yoda

As I've said before I live in Stowupland and have Norwich and Ipswich mates and there's no difference they just support both clubs,no one club holds the monopoly on idiots,the Ipswich bunch are all decent and i'd do anything for them and vice versa.Scum should be a term for pedo's and granny beaters not someone who chooses to follow another club.

Yep well said. I’m totally passionate about supporting Ipswich and have done for 35 years. In my ‘yoof’ maybe I took things too far...I remember getting into a spot of bother with the Norfolk Police when we won 4-0 in Carrow Road in the hospital cup many moons ago.
Despite my more mature outlook on life, I will still be screaming and shouting insults at your fans ( but not the scum insult, as I find that rather ott) and players tomorrow, but I don’t really hate you! I used to live in Norwich and love the city, just not the bloody football club. I still work with a couple of Norwich fans and get on really well with them. No doubt we’ll be discussing tomorrow’s events on Monday morning.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:49 - Oct 21 with 4138 viewswellyblue

I used to go on Norwich forums and engage in 'bantz' with them, threw it at them and they threw it back, then we just laughed, I still get e-mails on Xmas Day from them wishing me happy xmas. They're just like us really, supporting their local team, not glory hunters.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 14:16 - Oct 21 with 4111 viewsJ2BLUE

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 13:49 - Oct 21 by wellyblue

I used to go on Norwich forums and engage in 'bantz' with them, threw it at them and they threw it back, then we just laughed, I still get e-mails on Xmas Day from them wishing me happy xmas. They're just like us really, supporting their local team, not glory hunters.

I wonder which of you will be first to paint your face, put your blue wig on and make out with one of them dressed in their colours like that EU picture...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024