Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' 11:19 - Oct 20 with 14116 viewstextbackup

If you work with a scummer does anyone else describe their co worker in this way?

Like he wouldn't be ok but you feel the need to say it!

Or is it just me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:25 - Oct 20 with 8442 viewsartsbossbeard

I used to play Thursday night 5-a-side with a lad who never mentioned who he supported and kept quiet when we talked about ITFC.

His cover was well & truly blown when Eddie Hitler got season tickets thrown at him and you could clearly see him in the Evening Star picture of the event sat in a seat next to the dugout with his head in his hands.

How we laughed.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:35 - Oct 20 with 8387 viewsITFC_Forever

To be honest, I encountered a number of budgies through my working life, and the vast majority, once the initial ribbing is past, are nice enough and can discuss the ups and downs of both clubs in a reasonable manner.

However, there have been a few complete twonks I have come across as well, who were the exceptions to that rule. Usually junior members of whatever business I have been dealing with who haven't been the brightest.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:36 - Oct 20 with 8385 viewsIpswichIrish

Haven't met any of their fans but met Wes Hoolahan once and told him I was a Tractor boy and he said decent haha gentleman to be fair
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:38 - Oct 20 with 8371 viewsTownly

We're talking about someone who supports another football team here not the latest recruit to ISIS for goodness sake.

Even though that team might be our fiercest rival let's get some perspective. Why should it all encroach upon the work-place apart from genial banter? Take people for what they are not according to their allegiance on a Saturday (or Sunday) afternoon.

Those poor b-ggers in the trenches of WW1 even played a football game against those who were trying to kill them on another day. I bet they weren't bothered about what football team the fellow next to them in the trenches supported either.

Intense rivalry and all this silly "hate" business is for kids ... just like the match day aggro is (mostly.)

Of course we all want to win this game with intensity and it builds up with the increase in forum banter but losing will hardly effect my Sunday lunch, apart from a feeling of disappointment and a little anger no doubt as I down my first roast potato, but it will probably dissipate after the second glass of Sauterne.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:41 - Oct 20 with 8340 viewslukey130490

I am the only town fan in my office in Norwich, and as other people have said, there is a bit of back and forth ribbing, but once that is over we're just a group of people supporting our own football team.
I can't get down for the derby on Sunday, so am actually going to a bar with most of the people here to watch the game, I am thinking that I won't wear any colours!
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:42 - Oct 20 with 8322 viewsITFC_Forever

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:36 - Oct 20 by IpswichIrish

Haven't met any of their fans but met Wes Hoolahan once and told him I was a Tractor boy and he said decent haha gentleman to be fair

Bryan Gunn is a top man.... met him a few times as I used to deal with him through work and when he found out I was a Town fan, he'd usually chat about our fortunes and I was kind enough not to mention his air-kick too often.

We played in a corporate 6-a-side tournament at CR one year (I wore my Town top under my kit as protection) and he went out of his way to compliment me on my goalkeeping when I had a decent game that he was watching, which was a nice touch.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 11:47]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:42 - Oct 20 with 8316 viewstractordownsouth

Similar to any Blairites having to say " The Iraq War aside"

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:43 - Oct 20 with 8312 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Having grown up in the northern border territories I know quite a few and have been to Carrot Road with some mates, and they've accompanied me to Portman Road before as well as going to various away games to watch either side.

As I've said before I only have a passing dislike for them for 50 weekends of the year and as much as I enjoy seeing them lose I only really get close to the 'hatred' shown by other when we play them.

That said there's a bloke who works in my building who occasional wars his Yellow abomination with Wolfswilly on the back and I can't bring myself to even look at him whenever I see him now.
Login to get fewer ads

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:45 - Oct 20 with 8282 viewsIllinoisblue

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:38 - Oct 20 by Townly

We're talking about someone who supports another football team here not the latest recruit to ISIS for goodness sake.

Even though that team might be our fiercest rival let's get some perspective. Why should it all encroach upon the work-place apart from genial banter? Take people for what they are not according to their allegiance on a Saturday (or Sunday) afternoon.

Those poor b-ggers in the trenches of WW1 even played a football game against those who were trying to kill them on another day. I bet they weren't bothered about what football team the fellow next to them in the trenches supported either.

Intense rivalry and all this silly "hate" business is for kids ... just like the match day aggro is (mostly.)

Of course we all want to win this game with intensity and it builds up with the increase in forum banter but losing will hardly effect my Sunday lunch, apart from a feeling of disappointment and a little anger no doubt as I down my first roast potato, but it will probably dissipate after the second glass of Sauterne.

That’s the weirdest most OTT reaction to a post ever on here.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:46 - Oct 20 with 8255 viewsartsbossbeard

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:45 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

Coffee?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:51 - Oct 20 with 8217 viewsTownly

"That’s the weirdest most OTT reaction to a post ever on here."

"Ever?" Blimey, that's one hell of a degree of research in so short a time.

Perhaps it's because the last thing I think of when I'm dealing with a colleague is about the football team that they happen to support. Let alone posting in on a forum.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:52 - Oct 20 with 8194 viewsBenters

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:38 - Oct 20 by Townly

This.

With added most on here who call them 'scum' wouldnt dare do so in a pub full of Norwich supporters.

#keyboardwarriors

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:53 - Oct 20 with 8193 viewsBlue_Order

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:51 - Oct 20 by Townly

"That’s the weirdest most OTT reaction to a post ever on here."

"Ever?" Blimey, that's one hell of a degree of research in so short a time.

Perhaps it's because the last thing I think of when I'm dealing with a colleague is about the football team that they happen to support. Let alone posting in on a forum.

I hope your gravy's cold and your veg is overcooked.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:54 - Oct 20 with 8175 viewsartsbossbeard

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:52 - Oct 20 by Benters

This.

With added most on here who call them 'scum' wouldnt dare do so in a pub full of Norwich supporters.

#keyboardwarriors

Would you then, Benters?

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:57 - Oct 20 with 8160 viewsBenters

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:54 - Oct 20 by artsbossbeard

Would you then, Benters?

I dont call them scum to be honest.

Ive grown out of that.

I remember being at the HH a few seasons ago,and a lone Norwich fan was in there having a pint,well talk about over reaction from some of the town lads.

I prefer Norwich to West Ham anyday.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 11:58]

Gentlybentley

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:58 - Oct 20 with 8142 viewsartsbossbeard

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:57 - Oct 20 by Benters

I dont call them scum to be honest.

Ive grown out of that.

I remember being at the HH a few seasons ago,and a lone Norwich fan was in there having a pint,well talk about over reaction from some of the town lads.

I prefer Norwich to West Ham anyday.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 11:58]

Yep, that's the behaviour of bell ends.

I don't really care for the "scum" tag, I think it's a bit sh1t and unimaginative.

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:00 - Oct 20 with 8135 viewsBobbychase

Play five a side with a Norwich fan. He's ok.
Saying that, he called off last night with ten minutes to go, so everyone else in our match has decided they will support Town on Sunday.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:02 - Oct 20 with 8110 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's almost as if they're human beings isn't it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:02 - Oct 20 with 8100 viewsBenters

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:58 - Oct 20 by artsbossbeard

Yep, that's the behaviour of bell ends.

I don't really care for the "scum" tag, I think it's a bit sh1t and unimaginative.

The word 'scum' is usually shouted by spoty virgins from behind the Police line.

Gentlybentley

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:03 - Oct 20 with 8095 viewsartsbossbeard

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:02 - Oct 20 by Benters

The word 'scum' is usually shouted by spoty virgins from behind the Police line.

Whilst pointing and dribbling.

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:04 - Oct 20 with 8086 viewsSteve_M

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 11:45 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

Budgie innit.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:23 - Oct 20 with 7981 viewsIllinoisblue

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:04 - Oct 20 by Steve_M

Budgie innit.

I wondered that yesterday after looking at his posting history. Something seemed off. Not that they're obsessed or anything.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:26 - Oct 20 with 7967 viewsyorkshireblue

I work with two Norwich fans.

I'd much rather discuss football with them, than my colleagues who support Arsenal/Chelsea/Man United/Which ever club happens to be fashionable at the time.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:28 - Oct 20 with 7962 viewsyoda

As I've said before I live in Stowupland and have Norwich and Ipswich mates and there's no difference they just support both clubs,no one club holds the monopoly on idiots,the Ipswich bunch are all decent and i'd do anything for them and vice versa.Scum should be a term for pedo's and granny beaters not someone who chooses to follow another club.
'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:30 - Oct 20 with 7944 viewsReuser_is_God

'The Norwich fan at work, he's actually alright.....' on 12:28 - Oct 20 by yoda

As I've said before I live in Stowupland and have Norwich and Ipswich mates and there's no difference they just support both clubs,no one club holds the monopoly on idiots,the Ipswich bunch are all decent and i'd do anything for them and vice versa.Scum should be a term for pedo's and granny beaters not someone who chooses to follow another club.

Agreed.

But for 2 weeks of the year I'll quite happily call you, & any other Norwich fan, scum.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024