Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump Watch 12:20 - Oct 20 with 12648 viewsunstableblue

Been a while since some Trump news. I know how some of you don't like the focus, but hey-ho.

So today he tweets:

'Just out report: "United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror." Not good, we must keep America safe!'

And in some ways he's correct the Ariana Grande concert did seriously inflate our number of murders.

But it's a big jump to use the 13% and relate it directly to Islamic Terror, as I understand the Manchester attacks were not actually used in the metrics which go across all crime.

Our murder rate was by 46 victims to 629, with 17,250 in the US. US population is 323 million, UK is 65. So our equivalent should be 3,125... errrr, so that's 14,000 more deaths if our society matched the USA and its open gun policy and social inequality.

(Again take the stats with a pinch of salt).

58 people dies in the Las Vegas shooting, from an unhinged non-Muslim white American.

But of course the main point is that it is completely inappropriate and dangerous for Trump to just blurt out this opinion and this misguided quote.

I had actually thought that General Kelly's support of Trump and accusations of a callous call to a war widow was very sound, and had merit. Then you see Kelly's ant-Liberal rantings on this latest Trump thread, and you start to question his point of view.

Well done on Bush and Obama for calling out Trump, albeit without naming him directly.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Trump Watch on 01:05 - Oct 21 with 1002 viewsStNeotsBlue

Trump Watch on 00:50 - Oct 21 by IpswichIrish

Probably my ma is English, I've no shame in that or disregard, other Irish citizens voted in the referendum too

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/faq/voting-and-registration/who-is-eligibl

Ignore my original point it is wrong: Irish, Maltese and Cypriots residents can vote. Maltese and Cypriots fair enough, but giving the Irish the vote is a step too far. Whatever next?
Trump Watch on 01:18 - Oct 21 with 981 viewsIpswichIrish

Trump Watch on 01:05 - Oct 21 by StNeotsBlue

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/faq/voting-and-registration/who-is-eligibl

Ignore my original point it is wrong: Irish, Maltese and Cypriots residents can vote. Maltese and Cypriots fair enough, but giving the Irish the vote is a step too far. Whatever next?

Its like calling Antrim, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Down, Derry and Tyrone British
Trump Watch on 03:31 - Oct 21 with 948 viewsjeera

Trump Watch on 20:43 - Oct 20 by J2BLUE

I don't agree with every word but there is definitely a double standard. It's not all left wingers but there's quite a lot who will happily accept lies, violence, rioting and abuse as long as those doing it can justify it by being 'right'.

It's like Brexit, they're happy to attack the leave campaign for lies but when you point out the remain campaign also lied that's not an issue. The leave campaign are also attacked for being unrealistic while remainers talk about how we could have reformed the EU if we had stayed.

I don't agree with many of your views but I can see why you get annoyed. To some people you are a thick racist and therefore anything they do or say to you is perfectly fine because they have the moral high ground, at least in their own minds.

He could also try to engage others in polite conversation instead of just leaping in with his vile, jumped up, unsubstantiated views, once n a while.

That might help.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump Watch on 08:11 - Oct 21 with 913 viewsStokieBlue

Trump Watch on 00:30 - Oct 21 by IpswichIrish

I hate American warmongers like Trump, Bush, Killary, Obama, John Bolton and the neocons yes, not Americans in general at all, I hate right wing Israeli war criminals like Netanyahu, Sharon, Mark Regev, Buruk etc, I also totally disagree with the mentality of Zionism. My mum and grandad are English but I wouldn't expect to turn up in England tomorrow and violently evict the English from an house I wanted like Zionists do in Palestine

Fringe meeting? Corbyn is favourite to be next PM

So you're a 28 year old Momentum member. The worrying thing was it was obvious after your first torrent of anger at the US and more specifically Israel and your repeated use of the word scum in multiple threads about anyone you don't like. All very angry posts with lots of yelling and not much substance which you said wasn't important.

A fringe meeting has nothing to do with supporting Corbyn as an outside candidate, it's where views like yours get voiced away from the main party and we are then told it's a minority view.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024