Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just read Harry's notes 12:33 - Oct 20 with 6305 viewsReuser_is_God

And, as usual, I'm now utterly convinced that we'll lose.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Just read Harry's notes on 12:34 - Oct 20 with 6298 viewsITFC1983

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Just read Harry's notes on 12:50 - Oct 20 with 6232 viewsBluebell

We need Delia to come onto the pitch at half time when they are losing.................

Just read Harry's notes on 12:54 - Oct 20 with 6217 viewsGuthrum

They tend to confirm what I'd suspected.

The two teams which beat us most recently were either sharper in attack (Bristol) or exerted continuous pressure (Sheff U). Norwich's attack is quite weak. They've committed everything to defence and score few goals.

If we can defend adequately, there's a fair chance of keeping them out. Then it's just a matter of whether our improved strikeforce can get through their "yellow wall" to manufacture a few shots, with which we stand a decent chance of scoring.

It could easily end 0 - 0, but I think we stand a better chance of nicking it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just read Harry's notes on 12:59 - Oct 20 with 6191 viewschristiand

Just read Harry's notes on 12:54 - Oct 20 by Guthrum

The two teams which beat us most recently were either sharper in attack (Bristol) or exerted continuous pressure (Sheff U). Norwich's attack is quite weak. They've committed everything to defence and score few goals.

If we can defend adequately, there's a fair chance of keeping them out. Then it's just a matter of whether our improved strikeforce can get through their "yellow wall" to manufacture a few shots, with which we stand a decent chance of scoring.

I see the flaw in your argument Guthrum 'IF' we can defend adequately!

Joking aside, I really believe we have a good chance going in to Sunday's encounter. It is the first time for a while that the two sides are close in comparison to the personnel they have on the pitch. Hoping this isn't over confidence, but I fancy us to beat them 3-1. If that logic fails we are due a win against them - that might work better?! COYBs

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just read Harry's notes on 13:16 - Oct 20 with 6143 viewsGuthrum

Just read Harry's notes on 12:59 - Oct 20 by christiand

I see the flaw in your argument Guthrum 'IF' we can defend adequately!

Joking aside, I really believe we have a good chance going in to Sunday's encounter. It is the first time for a while that the two sides are close in comparison to the personnel they have on the pitch. Hoping this isn't over confidence, but I fancy us to beat them 3-1. If that logic fails we are due a win against them - that might work better?! COYBs

I agree, on both counts. I just think that Norwich, as they've been playing recently, are a less dangerous prospect than Leeds, Bristol or Sheff U. We ought to be good enough to handle it.

Just read Harry's notes on 13:24 - Oct 20 with 6112 viewsHerbivore

Just read Harry's notes on 12:54 - Oct 20 by Guthrum

I hope their management team are naively expecting us to just hump it long in then same way that their fans are. We have a lot more about us this season in an attacking sense, got to think that Didz will be key as it sounds like their CBs are solid but may not be so adept at playing against forwards with a bit more craft. I'm not sure Celina will start but he could be key coming off the bench, especially if we manage to get a lead and they have to come at us a bit more.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just read Harry's notes on 13:32 - Oct 20 with 6093 viewsGuthrum

Just read Harry's notes on 13:24 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

I hope their management team are naively expecting us to just hump it long in then same way that their fans are. We have a lot more about us this season in an attacking sense, got to think that Didz will be key as it sounds like their CBs are solid but may not be so adept at playing against forwards with a bit more craft. I'm not sure Celina will start but he could be key coming off the bench, especially if we manage to get a lead and they have to come at us a bit more.

If they're forced to commit bodies forward in attack, there could well be lots of openings for Waghorn and McG to exploit.

Just read Harry's notes on 13:36 - Oct 20 with 6078 viewsHerbivore

Just read Harry's notes on 13:32 - Oct 20 by Guthrum

If they're forced to commit bodies forward in attack, there could well be lots of openings for Waghorn and McG to exploit.

Agreed and we've shown this season that we can be clinical when a game opens up. I do think that the first goal is going to be key, it usually is in this league anyway but given the way they're likely to play if we fall behind it's going to be a tough game. On the other hand, it sounds like they lack the craft to get back into a game if they fall behind. I know they equalised against Hull but Hull were down to 10 men and haven't won away from home all season. There's a couple of good 1-0 wins in Norwich's recent run but otherwise it's fairly unremarkable stuff, it's just an awful lot better than the tripe they were serving up in August.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Just read Harry's notes on 13:58 - Oct 20 with 6022 viewschristiand

Just read Harry's notes on 13:36 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Agreed and we've shown this season that we can be clinical when a game opens up. I do think that the first goal is going to be key, it usually is in this league anyway but given the way they're likely to play if we fall behind it's going to be a tough game. On the other hand, it sounds like they lack the craft to get back into a game if they fall behind. I know they equalised against Hull but Hull were down to 10 men and haven't won away from home all season. There's a couple of good 1-0 wins in Norwich's recent run but otherwise it's fairly unremarkable stuff, it's just an awful lot better than the tripe they were serving up in August.

That is a little unfair Herbivore. The results below for the 4 games before Hull City are pretty impressive:

Sheffield United 0—1 Norwich City
Norwich City 0—0 Bristol City
Middlesbrough 0—1 Norwich City
Reading 1—2 Norwich City

If Ipswich had earned those results I'd have been extremely pleased. Nevertheless, we have got the best chance in a while to beat the budgies, just hope that MM doesn't do his usual and show the opposition too much respect, we still back find ourselves 0-2 down and then we're chasing the game. Lets at least go for them from the start, the Sunderland performance should be the blueprint for home games IMO.

Just read Harry's notes on 14:02 - Oct 20 with 6006 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwich are better than evens.

Printing money.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just read Harry's notes on 14:03 - Oct 20 with 6000 viewsKieran_Knows

Give over you big tart!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just read Harry's notes on 14:18 - Oct 20 with 5950 viewsBent_double

Just read Harry's notes on 13:36 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

I think you're being very optimistic,they've won at Boro, SU, Brentford and Reading recently. They're clearly better away from home than at home.

IF we can score the first goal we've got a great chance to go on and win, if they score first I feel we're done for. When did we last score first against them at PR? A long time ago.

Here's hoping for a 1st min penalty to us, one of their players being sent off, nd a long overdue win.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Just read Harry's notes on 14:32 - Oct 20 with 5880 viewsITFC_Forever

Just read Harry's notes on 14:18 - Oct 20 by Bent_double

I think you're being very optimistic,they've won at Boro, SU, Brentford and Reading recently. They're clearly better away from home than at home.

IF we can score the first goal we've got a great chance to go on and win, if they score first I feel we're done for. When did we last score first against them at PR? A long time ago.

Here's hoping for a 1st min penalty to us, one of their players being sent off, nd a long overdue win.

Alex Mathie at the start of the 5-0 was the last time we scored first against them at PR.

More than 19 and a half years ago.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just read Harry's notes on 14:43 - Oct 20 with 5834 viewsGuthrum

Just read Harry's notes on 13:58 - Oct 20 by christiand

That is a little unfair Herbivore. The results below for the 4 games before Hull City are pretty impressive:

Sheffield United 0—1 Norwich City
Norwich City 0—0 Bristol City
Middlesbrough 0—1 Norwich City
Reading 1—2 Norwich City

If Ipswich had earned those results I'd have been extremely pleased. Nevertheless, we have got the best chance in a while to beat the budgies, just hope that MM doesn't do his usual and show the opposition too much respect, we still back find ourselves 0-2 down and then we're chasing the game. Lets at least go for them from the start, the Sunderland performance should be the blueprint for home games IMO.

I think we can probably afford to go at them a bit more. Norwich do not seem to setup for aggressive attack, more "hold firm, clean sheet and nick one". Plus we'll need the extra front-men to break them down.

Just read Harry's notes on 15:09 - Oct 20 with 5754 viewsHarry_Palmer

Reading those notes you would think we were playing Barcelona, not Norwich!

Having said that, I am bricking it as I just don't trust our defence to keep a clean sheet, and as others have said if we concede the first goal we could be in for a long afternoon.
Just read Harry's notes on 15:13 - Oct 20 with 5740 viewsTractorWood

I've seen us play them too many times in recent years to have anything resembling confidence.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Just read Harry's notes on 17:17 - Oct 20 with 5599 viewsMullet

Adeyemi totally changes our midfield. Put that muscle and movement there let alone factoring in Garner and suddenly we have all the tools to unsettle their stronger elements.

The Millwall comparison was meant to be an insult but it's not at all. They are very one dimensional, and we have exactly the sort of potential to test that.

If Bart goes back to his usual and is over his recent dip in form I feel far more confident about the match.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just read Harry's notes on 17:26 - Oct 20 with 5567 viewsLuk38644

Just read Harry's notes on 17:17 - Oct 20 by Mullet

Adeyemi totally changes our midfield. Put that muscle and movement there let alone factoring in Garner and suddenly we have all the tools to unsettle their stronger elements.

The Millwall comparison was meant to be an insult but it's not at all. They are very one dimensional, and we have exactly the sort of potential to test that.

If Bart goes back to his usual and is over his recent dip in form I feel far more confident about the match.

Agree regarding Adeyemi. Everyone is going on about Garner and rightly so, he'll be massive for us if he is fit, but Adeyemi and his physical presence in the midfield battle will be hugely important on Sunday, we missed him vs Bristol City for sure.

I'd like to see us start with the same team as we did vs Sunderland but with Webster in the team obviously instead of Iorfa and move Spence back to RB.

[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 17:28]
Just read Harry's notes on 18:53 - Oct 20 with 5462 viewsstrikalite

Adeyemi, you beat me to it...he MUST start..
Just read Harry's notes on 07:49 - Oct 21 with 5250 viewschristiand

Fact is Mullet we can't keep expecting Bart to play well every game, it's just not humanly possible. He is going to make mistakes and have a downward trend in form. My issue would be what are the players in front of him doing to help him out? This has been a problem that has been rumbling on for too long, it's no coincidence that he is POTY because he has so much to do. Quite simply the players in front of him need to do more, the onus shouldn't be solely on Bart having another great game. Perhaps they can pull their fingers out for a change and do what they are paid to do?

Just read Harry's notes on 10:39 - Oct 21 with 5145 viewsMullet

Just read Harry's notes on 07:49 - Oct 21 by christiand

Fact is Mullet we can't keep expecting Bart to play well every game, it's just not humanly possible. He is going to make mistakes and have a downward trend in form. My issue would be what are the players in front of him doing to help him out? This has been a problem that has been rumbling on for too long, it's no coincidence that he is POTY because he has so much to do. Quite simply the players in front of him need to do more, the onus shouldn't be solely on Bart having another great game. Perhaps they can pull their fingers out for a change and do what they are paid to do?

No one is suggesting that is the case, just that in the past month he's cost us points which is uncharacteristic, but not unreasonable.

We've had Mick play his best players not his fittest which cost us against Brizzle and Sheffield united to some degree.

But we've not had a fit or settled back four for 3 months now. It's hardly a mystery.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just read Harry's notes on 10:55 - Oct 21 with 5113 viewschristiand

Just read Harry's notes on 10:39 - Oct 21 by Mullet

No one is suggesting that is the case, just that in the past month he's cost us points which is uncharacteristic, but not unreasonable.

We've had Mick play his best players not his fittest which cost us against Brizzle and Sheffield united to some degree.

But we've not had a fit or settled back four for 3 months now. It's hardly a mystery.

Yes, but Bart won POTY not because he had a lot of quiet games. The defence hasn't just been a problem over the last few months because of key injuries, we've had this problem for a long time now. Whether it is because we don't defend well enough as a team or quite simply the back four just aren't up to the job, I'm not sure. However, if a keeper is constantly under pressure he will make mistakes, so it is probably inevitable Bart will make those from time to time due to our own defensive deficiencies.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 12:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024