Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garner 18:41 - Oct 20 with 4170 viewsRoyKeanesDog

See lots of people talking about how he plays the ref, winds up the opposition etc.

To what extent does do this? Any examples? Sounds like a likeable player.

Poll: Best Football Song

Garner on 18:47 - Oct 20 with 4125 viewsPJH

I think he is the sort of player that you love having in your side but would be calling him all sorts of names if he was in the opposition.

He backs into defenders and wins freekicks when he times his forward fall correctly.
For his height he climbs very well and seems to thrive on physical battles.
He certainly winds up his opponents but has to be careful not to wind up the referee too much.

edit-oh, he also scores goals.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 18:51]
Garner on 20:15 - Oct 20 with 3987 viewsKieran_Knows

I absolutely love the bloke. My favourite player since Sixto Peralta.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Garner on 20:21 - Oct 20 with 3972 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I love him. He's the exact player we've needed.

He wins headers like murph did despite being shorter. He attacks absolutely every header whilst simultaneously backing into the defenders to win free kicks.

His tactic of rubbing the back of his head in perfect synchronisation of when the CB jumps forward is mildly amusing too.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Garner on 20:37 - Oct 20 with 3919 viewsDarth_Koont

I love his overall play but he's pretty poor at winning free kicks. His over-exaggeration where he throws himself to the ground just seems to antagonise the ref and he doesn't seem to get much after that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Garner on 20:43 - Oct 20 with 3885 viewsIpswichIrish

Being a Celtic man I can't stand Garner he's a nasty ba5tard on the pitch but a good player to have, I prefer Didzy and Waghorn mind
Garner on 20:46 - Oct 20 with 3868 viewsLuk38644

Garner on 20:37 - Oct 20 by Darth_Koont

I love his overall play but he's pretty poor at winning free kicks. His over-exaggeration where he throws himself to the ground just seems to antagonise the ref and he doesn't seem to get much after that.

I saw something on Twitter that other day saying he's the 4th most fouled player in the league, so he has definitely been drawing fouls although I do agree he's a tad theatrical at times.
Garner on 20:48 - Oct 20 with 3854 viewsm14_blue

Garner on 18:47 - Oct 20 by PJH

I think he is the sort of player that you love having in your side but would be calling him all sorts of names if he was in the opposition.

He backs into defenders and wins freekicks when he times his forward fall correctly.
For his height he climbs very well and seems to thrive on physical battles.
He certainly winds up his opponents but has to be careful not to wind up the referee too much.

edit-oh, he also scores goals.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 18:51]

He's an absolute pain in the arse. I would hate to play against him.

Exactly what we need.

Any word on whether he's fit for Sunday?
Garner on 21:20 - Oct 20 with 3754 viewsmonty_radio

Garner on 20:37 - Oct 20 by Darth_Koont

Perhaps his reputation with refs precedes him. Another poster compared with Murph, but he had the physique, height and technique to stand his ground. I feel that Garner's hyper-active style is his own production to make up for what he knows he lacks.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Garner on 21:34 - Oct 20 with 3714 viewsDarth_Koont

Garner on 20:46 - Oct 20 by Luk38644

I saw something on Twitter that other day saying he's the 4th most fouled player in the league, so he has definitely been drawing fouls although I do agree he's a tad theatrical at times.

Fair enough - it doesn't look like he wins that many but then again he also looks for a decision most times the ball comes to him under pressure.

Pronouns: He/Him

Garner on 21:48 - Oct 20 with 3687 viewstextbackup

in Ipswich we seem to call the people we like a "cnt".... I've heard the line "I love garner, hes a right cnt" said more times than I can count.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Garner on 22:31 - Oct 20 with 3565 viewsMelford

Garner on 21:48 - Oct 20 by textbackup

in Ipswich we seem to call the people we like a "cnt".... I've heard the line "I love garner, hes a right cnt" said more times than I can count.

our Grant Holt. I mean that in a good way.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Garner on 23:30 - Oct 20 with 3442 viewsStenvict

Garner on 20:43 - Oct 20 by IpswichIrish

Being a Celtic man I can't stand Garner he's a nasty ba5tard on the pitch but a good player to have, I prefer Didzy and Waghorn mind

But Waghorn played for the Rangers too...

Poll: What will be announced first?

Garner on 07:14 - Oct 21 with 3285 viewstextbackup

Garner on 22:31 - Oct 20 by Melford

He has the credentials to be a legend here, he's a bit off what Holt was for them, but he could start building on that tomorrow!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Garner on 11:01 - Oct 21 with 3113 views3_5_2

Love him as a player, exactly what we have been missing

Puts himself about, got that bit of a edge to him which when just the right side of legal, is a real pain to deal with.

Can score too, hopefully fit enough to play most of the game tomorrow

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Garner on 11:04 - Oct 21 with 3101 viewsbournemouthblue

Everything you need in a derby really

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Garner on 11:57 - Oct 21 with 3058 viewsHerbivore

Garner on 22:31 - Oct 20 by Melford

I struggle to hate Grant Holt anymore, by all accounts he's a top bloke off the field and when he was a sub for Wolves a couple of seasons ago and was warming up by the north stand he got dog's abuse and just took it all in good spirit. To cap it off when we started chanting 'Did you shag Delia?' at him he turned to the stand, smiled and nodded and held up two fingers. Great bit of interaction with the fans and everyone around me cracked up. Unsurprisingly he didn't respond when the chant changed to 'Did you do her up the arse?'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024