Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bizarre decision by the WHO 00:17 - Oct 21 with 6129 viewsStokieBlue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41702662

Really?!?

He's basically destroyed that country.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 00:48 - Oct 21 with 6088 viewsIpswichIrish

Its like making Tony Blair middle east peace envoy
Bizarre decision by the WHO on 02:49 - Oct 21 with 6035 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 00:48 - Oct 21 by IpswichIrish

Its like making Tony Blair middle east peace envoy

Not even close, even though Blair's the devil incarnate.

Utterly bizarre decision.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 07:30 - Oct 21 with 5967 viewsIpswichIrish

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 02:49 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

Yes Mugabe, liÄ·e Bliar is utter scum
Bizarre decision by the WHO on 08:02 - Oct 21 with 5946 viewshoppy

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 02:49 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

I Can’t Explain it... Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 08:25 - Oct 21 with 5909 viewsHerbivore

Got to think this is some kind of epic bantz?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 08:35 - Oct 21 with 5903 viewsBackToRussia

Lol love these three sentences.

"Dr Tedros, who is Ethiopian, is the first African to lead the WHO.
He was elected with a mandate to tackle perceived politicisation in the organisation.
Dr Tedros replaced Margaret Chan, who stepped down from her 10-year post in June."

That's one of those times the BBC lay it all out for you without directly saying anything.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 10:00 - Oct 21 with 5827 viewsRyorry

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 08:35 - Oct 21 by BackToRussia

Lol love these three sentences.

"Dr Tedros, who is Ethiopian, is the first African to lead the WHO.
He was elected with a mandate to tackle perceived politicisation in the organisation.
Dr Tedros replaced Margaret Chan, who stepped down from her 10-year post in June."

That's one of those times the BBC lay it all out for you without directly saying anything.

Actually feels very sad that such a previously well regarded organisation will now be discredited. Crazy that it didn't have mechanisms in place to prevent such a bizarre, inappropriate appointment. It's like making Bernard Matthews Goodwill Ambassador for the Vegan Society!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 12:25 - Oct 21 with 5770 viewsWeWereZombies

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 10:00 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

Actually feels very sad that such a previously well regarded organisation will now be discredited. Crazy that it didn't have mechanisms in place to prevent such a bizarre, inappropriate appointment. It's like making Bernard Matthews Goodwill Ambassador for the Vegan Society!

Well, you cannot discredit the WHO because of the actions of one bureaucrat but it doesn't help the organisation, I can only assume that there is a political reason for the appointment perhaps to give medical professionals better access to come in and put Zimbabwe's failing healthcare back on track?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 12:38 - Oct 21 with 5751 viewsRyorry

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 12:25 - Oct 21 by WeWereZombies

Well, you cannot discredit the WHO because of the actions of one bureaucrat but it doesn't help the organisation, I can only assume that there is a political reason for the appointment perhaps to give medical professionals better access to come in and put Zimbabwe's failing healthcare back on track?

I'm afraid I certainly discredit it by a distance for not having system/s in place to prevent such a shocking appointment, which flies in the face of the thing it's supposed to be promoting. If it was for the reasons you suggest, then they should have explained that at the time - so add bad communications & even worse PR to the original offence!

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 12:41 - Oct 21 with 5744 viewsHarry_Palmer

You couldn't make it up really. They have very little credibility anyway as far as I am concerned so this just strengthens that view.
Bizarre decision by the WHO on 13:41 - Oct 21 with 5694 viewsWeWereZombies

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 12:38 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

I'm afraid I certainly discredit it by a distance for not having system/s in place to prevent such a shocking appointment, which flies in the face of the thing it's supposed to be promoting. If it was for the reasons you suggest, then they should have explained that at the time - so add bad communications & even worse PR to the original offence!

So you would just dump co-ordination of the World's healthcare systems because of one appalling decision? That's going to help the poor sods in the frontline no end - and probably play into Mugabe's hands as well.

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 14:22 - Oct 21 with 5674 viewsgainsboroughblue

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 08:02 - Oct 21 by hoppy

I Can’t Explain it... Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere.

I thought this was about the band. Ain't clicking another link like this. I won't get fooled again.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 14:30 - Oct 21 with 5668 viewsWeWereZombies

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 14:22 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

I thought this was about the band. Ain't clicking another link like this. I won't get fooled again.

Although in this instance the new boss is not the same as the old boss...

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 16:11 - Oct 21 with 5610 viewsRyorry

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 13:41 - Oct 21 by WeWereZombies

So you would just dump co-ordination of the World's healthcare systems because of one appalling decision? That's going to help the poor sods in the frontline no end - and probably play into Mugabe's hands as well.

Did I say I would "just dump co-ordination of the World's healthcare systems"? No I did not!

You're usually way, way better than that!

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 16:21 - Oct 21 with 5596 viewsWeWereZombies

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 16:11 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

Did I say I would "just dump co-ordination of the World's healthcare systems"? No I did not!

You're usually way, way better than that!

You didn't say those exact words but you know what I mean. I'll accept undermine the WHO but to discredit a worthwhile institution because of one wayward (or worse) official and a 'Goodwill' ambassador who is highly biased is a bit, well, 'Daily Mail' in my humble opinion - sorry, but there it is.

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 16:25 - Oct 21 with 5588 viewsjeera

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 14:22 - Oct 21 by gainsboroughblue

Right there with you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 16:37 - Oct 21 with 5570 viewsRyorry

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 16:21 - Oct 21 by WeWereZombies

You didn't say those exact words but you know what I mean. I'll accept undermine the WHO but to discredit a worthwhile institution because of one wayward (or worse) official and a 'Goodwill' ambassador who is highly biased is a bit, well, 'Daily Mail' in my humble opinion - sorry, but there it is.

I didn't actually mean anything like what you imply.

I meant the very fact of their choice will itself discredit the WHO - as it already has - just look at today's social media!

PS I suspect that we're simply arguing over my choice of word "discredit" - by which I meant pretty much the same as your "undermine" (I think!)
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 16:48]

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 16:52 - Oct 21 with 5547 viewsWeWereZombies

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 16:37 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

I didn't actually mean anything like what you imply.

I meant the very fact of their choice will itself discredit the WHO - as it already has - just look at today's social media!

PS I suspect that we're simply arguing over my choice of word "discredit" - by which I meant pretty much the same as your "undermine" (I think!)
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 16:48]

And isn't it wonderful to have everything judged by social media, sorry I haven't looked at any social media today, or any other day - apart from TWTD, it's all the social media I need - well, sometimes more social media than I need. Hopefully the WHO will decide sanely and soberly to reverse the 'Goodwill' ambassador decision - and will do so for the right reasons that get back to people in ZImbabwe and not as a kind of 'the rest of the World hates you' message. I wonder who controls the social media there?

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 17:26 - Oct 21 with 5523 viewsRyorry

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 16:52 - Oct 21 by WeWereZombies

And isn't it wonderful to have everything judged by social media, sorry I haven't looked at any social media today, or any other day - apart from TWTD, it's all the social media I need - well, sometimes more social media than I need. Hopefully the WHO will decide sanely and soberly to reverse the 'Goodwill' ambassador decision - and will do so for the right reasons that get back to people in ZImbabwe and not as a kind of 'the rest of the World hates you' message. I wonder who controls the social media there?

I too hate social media for their kangaroo courts, worst thing about it, but we live in the real world where it's now a fact of life. Good point about how it may be in Zim. If the WHO can reverse the decision in some kind of acceptable way, good - I don't have any solution/s of my own I'm afraid!

Sanity restored on 19:15 - Oct 22 with 5373 viewsWeWereZombies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41713919

An embarrassing climbdown for Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, hopefully he will learn from it.

Sanity restored on 22:45 - Oct 22 with 5315 viewsRyorry

Sanity restored on 19:15 - Oct 22 by WeWereZombies

An embarrassing climbdown for Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, hopefully he will learn from it.

Yep, glad they listened! Did well to take action so soon, hope it'll mitigate most of the negative impact.

Sanity restored on 22:46 - Oct 22 with 5312 viewsjeera

Sanity restored on 22:45 - Oct 22 by Ryorry

Yep, glad they listened! Did well to take action so soon, hope it'll mitigate most of the negative impact.

Didn't take long did it?

Stupid decision in the 1st place and could never stick.

Wtf were they thinking?

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 22:53 - Oct 22 with 5300 viewscaught-in-limbo

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 12:41 - Oct 21 by Harry_Palmer

You couldn't make it up really. They have very little credibility anyway as far as I am concerned so this just strengthens that view.

Sort of like the UN electing Saudi Arabia to the Women's Rights commission.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-un-womens-right

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 22:58 - Oct 22 with 5294 viewsjeera

Bizarre decision by the WHO on 22:53 - Oct 22 by caught-in-limbo

Sort of like the UN electing Saudi Arabia to the Women's Rights commission.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-un-womens-right

Maybe someone was hoping something would rub off. I suppose women are now allowed to drive. Maybe the men will take up alcohol now they have wives to pick them up from the pubs.

I wonder if that was some part of the thinking regarding Mugabe. Maybe he'll become a nicer person if we let him join in.

Sanity restored on 07:47 - Oct 23 with 5221 viewsstickymockwell

Sanity restored on 19:15 - Oct 22 by WeWereZombies

They'll have to get a Substitute

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024