Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments 10:33 - Oct 21 with 7809 viewsbournemouthblue

Who's getting excited btw?

Here are mine any way
1) Bryan Gunn's infamous air kick

2) Jason Dozzell playing the last 10 minutes wearing that bobble hat? (I've only heard this described although I noticed there was a quick hint of it on Official ITFC Social Media

3) 5 - 0 - Demolition Derby

4) The Hand of Haynes

5) Norwich City Fans 'taking' their Officially designated match pub

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:37 - Oct 21 with 6760 viewsMullet

Bates' murder of Chadwick

That sub with the ponytail getting dog's abuse

Ed Sheeran turning up and Norwich fans still arguing on twitter a month later if he was a blue or not.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:40 - Oct 21 with 6744 viewsbournemouthblue

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:37 - Oct 21 by Mullet

Bates' murder of Chadwick

That sub with the ponytail getting dog's abuse

Ed Sheeran turning up and Norwich fans still arguing on twitter a month later if he was a blue or not.

Ah yes, what a tackle that was, that really should be on YouTube

Kerrrunch!

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:40 - Oct 21 with 6740 viewsjimsymBLUE

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:41 - Oct 21 with 6742 viewsdavblue

Tarrico elbowing one of the Norwich players away to make space for I think it was Mason or Milton to score from outside the box in a 2-0 win at home if I recall correctly. In the mid to late nineties Friday night under the lights.
What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:47 - Oct 21 with 6712 viewsITFC_Forever

In no particular order:

Venus hitting a free-kick so hard that the player in the wall it hit had to be subbed.....Not so funny that it ended his career mind, but no-one knew that at the time.

Their pathetic celebrations after the PO semi.

Hand of Haynes.

Gunn Senior’s air-kick.

Megson’s OG.

Taking the designated away fan pub, that Home fans are not allowed in anyway.

Them bleating about how our success in the past doesn’t count, but they constantly go in about one season in the UEFA Cup when they participated in a competition we’ve won. Of course history counts, it’s what defines people / places / clubs.... who they are and what they’ve done.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 11:02]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:51 - Oct 21 with 6686 viewsDennyx4

Got to add in Megson's own goal too
What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:53 - Oct 21 with 6674 viewsbournemouthblue

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:47 - Oct 21 by ITFC_Forever

In no particular order:

Venus hitting a free-kick so hard that the player in the wall it hit had to be subbed.....Not so funny that it ended his career mind, but no-one knew that at the time.

Hand of Haynes.

Gunn Senior’s air-kick.

Megson’s OG.

Them bleating about how our success in the past doesn’t count, but they constantly go in about one season in the UEFA Cup when they participated in a competition we’ve won. Of course history counts, it’s what defines people / places / clubs.... who they are and what they’ve done.

Veno certainly had a power shot, what a freak injury!

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:55 - Oct 21 with 6673 viewsFtnfwest

Not funniest but best was Arnold's goal there in a league cup replay back in the day. One of the many great team goals with a 20 yard curler to finish. 3-1 I think we won that
Login to get fewer ads

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:55 - Oct 21 with 6668 viewsbournemouthblue

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:47 - Oct 21 by ITFC_Forever

In no particular order:

Hand of Haynes.

Gunn Senior’s air-kick.

Megson’s OG.

They also go on about the 9 - 2 which is amusing I'm sure but all it represents is us at our lowest for 60 odd years and them rising from the flames of League One under Lambert

It was pretty much the moment which confirmed their dominance for the next 5 or so seasons

I'm hoping tomorrow is finally the moment where the balance is readdressed

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:08 - Oct 21 with 6625 viewsgainsboroughblue

Dungaree wearing Nodge fans at the 89 hospital cup match up there invading the away seats before being chased out again was funny.

Megson and Gunn incidents goes without saying.

Keith Hacketts refereeing in the milk cup was a joke but not funny.

Curetons hair.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:10 - Oct 21 with 6619 viewsBlueBadger

This quote from Bryan Gunn, after the Derby defeat that all-but-in-the-numbers confirmed they were going to the third division.
'"I was very angry, especially when the Ipswich Town manager comes up to me and said he didn't think it was a penalty. "

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:37 - Oct 21 with 6562 viewsbournemouthblue

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:10 - Oct 21 by BlueBadger

This quote from Bryan Gunn, after the Derby defeat that all-but-in-the-numbers confirmed they were going to the third division.
'"I was very angry, especially when the Ipswich Town manager comes up to me and said he didn't think it was a penalty. "

Troll Level: Expert

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:39 - Oct 21 with 6556 viewsPJH

Megson header.
Gunn air kick.
Danny Haynes handball.
Keelan slipping on frost/ice at Churchmans end in 1965 and Gerry Baker scoring our first.
Keelan slipping on frost/ice at Churchmans end in 1965 and Gerry Baker scoring our second.

I start getting slowly wound up about four days before the game so that I am at peak tension for kick off.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 11:41]
What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:40 - Oct 21 with 6553 viewsEastTownBlue

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 10:41 - Oct 21 by davblue

Tarrico elbowing one of the Norwich players away to make space for I think it was Mason or Milton to score from outside the box in a 2-0 win at home if I recall correctly. In the mid to late nineties Friday night under the lights.

In that same match Tarrico avoided a challenge and "accidentally" landed on Fleck's back. Fleck, rather annoyed, was then yellow carded.
What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:51 - Oct 21 with 6522 viewstextbackup

In watching these games live (so not stories told)

Haynes handball
Seeing RDK and LL on the pitch
Seeing mate squashed by a police horse
Same police horse squashing me when laughing
Having a 50 year old Norwich bloke walk across a flower bed to get to me and a police women that wasn't even 5foot tall push him on his arse

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:52 - Oct 21 with 6508 viewsPJH

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:51 - Oct 21 by textbackup

Haynes handball
Having a 50 year old Norwich bloke walk across a flower bed to get to me and a police women that wasn't even 5foot tall push him on his arse

I have never seen a police horse laughing.
What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:56 - Oct 21 with 6487 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The scum 'taking' their designated away pub is a footballing cracker

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 12:17 - Oct 21 with 6444 viewsBlueBadger

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:51 - Oct 21 by textbackup

Haynes handball

We have a photo of the horse related incident.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 12:32 - Oct 21 with 6415 viewsSteve_M

1 Gunn's airkick.

2 Taking the away pub.
3 Haynes Handball
4 That pitch invasion
5 Megson (would be higher but couldn't see it was an own goal at the time).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 12:34 - Oct 21 with 6408 viewsBlueBadger

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 11:37 - Oct 21 by bournemouthblue

Troll Level: Expert

Jim's post-match comment raises the troll level to genius.

'The referee on another day may have not given the penalty but it was a close one. I haven't seen it back so we just have to go with the referee's decision.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7990085.stm

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 13:05 - Oct 21 with 6339 viewsFixed_It

Their pretty tame and lame pitch invasion after the play-off semi-final, when Mick and the Hunts were ready to lamp anyone who got in their way...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 13:13 - Oct 21 with 6311 viewsJ2BLUE

1) Bryan Gunn - especially when his comments in the recent rivalries programme suggested he might not see the funny side of it.

2) Bates putting one of them into the advertising boards

3) The glorious Norwich invasion of their designated pub...

4) One of their lot coming on with a long blonde ponytail and the North Stand, after collective laughter from every Town fan in the ground, repsponding with "what the f**king hell is that?". Still makes me laugh to this day.

5) Hmm, not sure

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 13:19 - Oct 21 with 6297 viewsSteve_M

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 12:32 - Oct 21 by Steve_M

1 Gunn's airkick.

2 Taking the away pub.
3 Haynes Handball
4 That pitch invasion
5 Megson (would be higher but couldn't see it was an own goal at the time).

Also the first appearance of the "Earnshaw's an alien" chant deserves a mention somewhere.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 13:32 - Oct 21 with 6257 viewsPinewoodblue

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 13:19 - Oct 21 by Steve_M

Also the first appearance of the "Earnshaw's an alien" chant deserves a mention somewhere.

How about the spontaneous chant " he's got a Brussel sprout in his head"?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 13:59 - Oct 21 with 6194 viewsIllinoisblue

What would you rank as your top five funniest Derby moments on 13:05 - Oct 21 by Fixed_It

Their pretty tame and lame pitch invasion after the play-off semi-final, when Mick and the Hunts were ready to lamp anyone who got in their way...

If ever a moment underlined their tinpottedness that was it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024