Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. 15:32 - Oct 21 with 8125 viewsBlueBadger

GK position is tricky to fill, so give us a good reason who you'd have.

Taricco CB CB Knudsen
RW Wark Legwinski Petta
Mathie CF

Which manager and why?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 15:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:37 - Oct 21 with 8104 viewsMullet

Given his propensity for howlers it has to be Marshall surely? No other keeper has facilitated more goals against Norwich than he.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:49 - Oct 21 with 8065 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I'd put Knudsen in the middle with Smith. Taricco on the left, Wilnis on the right.

I'd have Haynes up front with Mathie.

Right wing can be Anderson.

Also Dozzell going in for Legwinski.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 15:50]

Poll: Best Football Song

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:50 - Oct 21 with 8048 viewsPJH

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:49 - Oct 21 by RoyKeanesDog

I'd put Knudsen in the middle with Smith. Taricco on the left, Wilnis on the right.

Could have Muhren Wark and Thijssen in midfield as they all scored against them.
Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:52 - Oct 21 with 8030 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:50 - Oct 21 by PJH

Could have Muhren Wark and Thijssen in midfield as they all scored against them.

Wark is in there.

I'm only commenting on the games I remember personally, which leaves me limited yo 90s onwards.

Poll: Best Football Song

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:52 - Oct 21 with 8017 viewsHereford_Blue

Can we put Bryan Gunn in goal?
Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:53 - Oct 21 with 8002 viewsPJH

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:52 - Oct 21 by RoyKeanesDog

Wark is in there.

I'm only commenting on the games I remember personally, which leaves me limited yo 90s onwards.

That would explain why there is no Ray Crawford then.
Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:53 - Oct 21 with 8002 viewsGarv

Pollit as he had such a good game against them.

Smith CB
Haynes RW?
Bent CF?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:56 - Oct 21 with 7983 viewsPJH

With the outfield players that could be included not sure that we would need a GK.
Login to get fewer ads

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 16:03 - Oct 21 with 7959 viewsSteve_M

Dozzell should be in there and so should Haynes. Could put Wark in defence.

Has to be Gunn in goal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 16:13 - Oct 21 with 7928 viewsPJH

My 10 outfield players that I have seen play and have scored against them(in fact I think I saw them all actually score against them)would be:-

Mills Butcher Beattie Taricco
Thijssen Wark Muhren
Mariner Crawford Whymark

Front three a bit unbalanced but not a bad front three.
Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 16:19 - Oct 21 with 7901 viewsgainsboroughblue

Micky Stockwell could go between the sticks. Ultimate utility man.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 16:27 - Oct 21 with 7861 viewsPinewoodblue

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:56 - Oct 21 by PJH

With the outfield players that could be included not sure that we would need a GK.

Give Holland the GK jumper and play him in midfield. England's number 2.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 16:58 - Oct 21 with 7809 viewsdalianwasexciting

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 16:27 - Oct 21 by Pinewoodblue

Give Holland the GK jumper and play him in midfield. England's number 2.

I think the givens are Knudsen for LB, Whymark as striker, Haynes as his partner and the legend that is John Wark in CM

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 17:28 - Oct 21 with 7763 viewsbluesym

David Wright?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 17:28 - Oct 21 with 7764 viewsBlueBadger

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 16:13 - Oct 21 by PJH

My 10 outfield players that I have seen play and have scored against them(in fact I think I saw them all actually score against them)would be:-

Mills Butcher Beattie Taricco
Thijssen Wark Muhren
Mariner Crawford Whymark

Front three a bit unbalanced but not a bad front three.

I think the brilliant thing about picking your 'scored against Norwich XI is that whoever you choose, it's f*cking good team.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 17:29 - Oct 21 with 7758 viewsbluesym

Paul Mason

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 17:30 - Oct 21 with 7751 viewsbluesym

Gary Megson

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 18:28 - Oct 21 with 7681 viewsPJH

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 17:28 - Oct 21 by BlueBadger

I think the brilliant thing about picking your 'scored against Norwich XI is that whoever you choose, it's f*cking good team.

Certainly is.
I think that I could pick at least two more teams of outfield players that I have seen score against them and still be picking quite good teams.
Might start to struggle with fullback positions after that though.
Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 18:39 - Oct 21 with 7664 viewsPhilTWTD

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 15:49 - Oct 21 by RoyKeanesDog

We are rather spoilt for choice in terms of full-backs. Neil Thompson's goal in 1992 is one of my derby faves.

He was on Life's a Pitch today, as was Jason Dozzell, from the hour mark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05j0pg9#play
Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 19:48 - Oct 21 with 7569 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Surely, Danny "Canary Crusher" Haynes should be included.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Haynes#Ipswich_Town

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 07:08 - Oct 22 with 7344 viewsVaughan8

Surely we can have dos Santos in there.

Darren Bent has to be in there. Haynes was definitely known for his goals against Norwich. Seemed to always score against them.

Im sure some people would have Counago in.
Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 08:47 - Oct 22 with 7275 viewsosborne

Right then, the 'scored against' Norwich XI. on 07:08 - Oct 22 by Vaughan8

Surely we can have dos Santos in there.

Darren Bent has to be in there. Haynes was definitely known for his goals against Norwich. Seemed to always score against them.

Im sure some people would have Counago in.

Colin Viljoen. Hat trick at Carrot Road. My first away game. 4-3 town. Bliss
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024