Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought we we decent today. 13:55 - Oct 22 with 10231 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Horrible result. I thought we were better then them for the first time in a long while. We missed our chances and that was the difference. Postives are Webster looks fully fit again and we have some really good young uns breaking into team and looking good. Negatives: how have we managed to lose that!! Balls!!!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Thought we we decent today. on 14:23 - Oct 22 with 3782 viewsblueconscience

Thought we we decent today. on 14:06 - Oct 22 by Harry_Palmer

We drew both games last year, how was a limp and gutless 0-1 home defeat 'more competitive' ??

Unfortunately Ipswich fans have been brainwashed with several years of dross, and now they think that dross is good.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 14:34]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Thought we we decent today. on 14:26 - Oct 22 with 3773 viewsRyorry

Thought we we decent today. on 13:57 - Oct 22 by m14_blue

First half we were.

Second half was absolutely dreadful.

As soon as they scored it felt like it was over.

Why can we not get our heads back up after conceding - that's lack of leadership and motivation - captaincy and management.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thought we we decent today. on 14:32 - Oct 22 with 3733 viewssuperblue70

Thought we we decent today. on 14:09 - Oct 22 by Terry_Nutkins

Well yes i agree we do. I base it on the context of us being a 16 year side in the champ and understanding we are not man city! We had the better chances and were better to them today. We were very poor with our finishing i grant you that but anyone but our downer fans could see we were very competitive today.

Are you for real? Terry nutjob more like, did you actually watch that shambles? I think the scum were sadly very comfortable for the most part, we need to do more much much more
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 14:35]
Thought we we decent today. on 14:37 - Oct 22 with 3701 viewsDubtractor

Calling it decent is overly generous IMO.

First half we just about edged it, but second was turgid stuff and we could be playing till 5pm and still not score.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thought we we decent today. on 18:31 - Oct 22 with 3584 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Thought we we decent today. on 14:37 - Oct 22 by Dubtractor

Calling it decent is overly generous IMO.

First half we just about edged it, but second was turgid stuff and we could be playing till 5pm and still not score.

Decent isnt 'great' or 'brilliant' is it! We were decent. Yes we edged 1st half and 2nd half was about even on play. We lost. Thats the main point. Im not going to murder the team though as we were overall the better team today. We cant say we should have won because you have to take your chances but we are not miles away from being a good champ team.

Thought we we decent today. on 18:35 - Oct 22 with 3578 viewsDubtractor

Thought we we decent today. on 18:31 - Oct 22 by Terry_Nutkins

Decent isnt 'great' or 'brilliant' is it! We were decent. Yes we edged 1st half and 2nd half was about even on play. We lost. Thats the main point. Im not going to murder the team though as we were overall the better team today. We cant say we should have won because you have to take your chances but we are not miles away from being a good champ team.

I agree with the first bit of your statement, but not the last sentence.

We are a fair way from being a good (I define good as top 6) team.

Today wasn't terrible, and in isolation not too much to get worried by, but the point made in a few places today is that we don't really have a style of play, we don't really know our best formation, and for those two points to be factors is a worry to be honest.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thought we we decent today. on 18:44 - Oct 22 with 3550 viewspistonbroke

Thought we we decent today. on 13:58 - Oct 22 by Terry_Nutkins

We still had the better chances 2nd half. Their goal came with Skuse who wad decent struggling having just come back on. We were out of shape.

You keep papering over the cracks and make excuses lol
Thought we we decent today. on 19:06 - Oct 22 with 3532 viewsjas0999

Good for you. I thought second half we were a shambles. No positives in yet another dire Derby result.
Login to get fewer ads

Thought we we decent today. on 19:38 - Oct 22 with 3496 viewsHarry_Palmer

Thought we we decent today. on 18:31 - Oct 22 by Terry_Nutkins

You really are so deluded I feel quite sorry for you. We were not the better team today, the first half was even and the second half they were much better. They won, they kept a clean sheet ( again ), we didn't ( again ).

We have lost 7 out of 9, we cant even scrape a draw at home against anybody in the top half. We are nowhere near being a decent side, it pains me to say it but sadly its the truth.
Thought we we decent today. on 19:48 - Oct 22 with 3475 viewsBenters

Thought we we decent today. on 19:38 - Oct 22 by Harry_Palmer

You really are so deluded I feel quite sorry for you. We were not the better team today, the first half was even and the second half they were much better. They won, they kept a clean sheet ( again ), we didn't ( again ).

We have lost 7 out of 9, we cant even scrape a draw at home against anybody in the top half. We are nowhere near being a decent side, it pains me to say it but sadly its the truth.

well apart from that.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Thought we we decent today. on 22:26 - Oct 22 with 3405 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Thought we we decent today. on 19:38 - Oct 22 by Harry_Palmer

Dont feel sorry for me pal. Im perfectly ok and just made rational comments. We were the better team. Funny how all tge neutrals who spoke on the game confirmed that. Anyway we didnt take our chances and thats just football. Our form is poor though so results need to improve. I think we'll be fine but of course we all want more than fine.

Thought we we decent today. on 22:29 - Oct 22 with 3393 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Thought we we decent today. on 18:35 - Oct 22 by Dubtractor

I agree with the first bit of your statement, but not the last sentence.

We are a fair way from being a good (I define good as top 6) team.

Today wasn't terrible, and in isolation not too much to get worried by, but the point made in a few places today is that we don't really have a style of play, we don't really know our best formation, and for those two points to be factors is a worry to be honest.

We went from a good way apart to on the same page. Top 10 would be more my def of a good side. We need some luck to have everyone fit and run of games. Can still have a good season but this is a poor spell.

Thought we we decent today. on 22:40 - Oct 22 with 3375 viewsCurrie10

First half we perhaps edged.

Second half, Adeyemi + Garner were totally out of gas. McGoldrick not in the game. As soon as they scored, we were slow in possession ( when we could get it ) and looked utterly knackered.

Get Huws back, keep everyone fit for 10 games or so and see what we can do then. Otherwise... looking hard.
We were not decent on 23:22 - Oct 22 with 3354 viewsunstableblue

You’re confusing bluster and manic running with decent efficient and effective play.

Too much head tennis, too little exposing and stretching the opposition, too many time the ball was turned over. Yes we had some good chances, but overall Norwich were better.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thought we we decent today. on 03:01 - Oct 23 with 3294 viewsCurrie10

Thought we we decent today. on 13:59 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

Have to agree. If we are classing our first half performance as good, we have fallen a long way. It was barely adequate.

That's going a bit far. First half was decent enough - caused them problems, stopped them playing, SHOULD have scored with Dids. Waghorn decent chance he spooned out for a throw. Knudsen unlucky. They did very little bar make Spence look terrible, the odd control of possession whilst looking toothless.....

Garner + Adeyemi sadly tired, as did the rest of our team second half with Norwich pulling our pants down.

Don't want to discuss that second half at length, however it was poor.........
Thought we we decent today. on 08:44 - Oct 23 with 3247 viewssundaze

Thought we we decent today. on 22:26 - Oct 22 by Terry_Nutkins

Dont feel sorry for me pal. Im perfectly ok and just made rational comments. We were the better team. Funny how all tge neutrals who spoke on the game confirmed that. Anyway we didnt take our chances and thats just football. Our form is poor though so results need to improve. I think we'll be fine but of course we all want more than fine.

It's not poor form, it is the same form that we have carried forward from last season. We managed to beat some weak teams who will be trying to stay in the Championship, at least that gives us a chance of being one of those teams that stays in this league for yet another season.
Town are nowhere near to being a good Championship team, we play three strikers, but only one of them is actually playing as a striker, it worked for a while against poor teams, but now everyone knows how to stop us and once again there is no plan B when it doesn't work.
Thought we we decent today. on 09:26 - Oct 23 with 3212 viewsBerlinBlue

It's a game we could have won with the chances we had. Jonas was very unlucky with his shot off the post, would have been a great goal. And had McGoldrick's fininishing been better, we could have had a few.
But enough of the what-ifs, the ball didn't go in and we lost again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024