Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget who we played today.... 14:01 - Oct 22 with 2312 viewschristiand

But it's now 7 defeats in 9 in all competitions. What has gone wrong? The first half today was encouraging, but the second from Ipswich's point of view was utter dross - no intensity, no goal scoring threat, no shots on target. That must be the easiest clean sheet bonus Angus Gunn has ever made, literally nothing to do. This constant hoofing the ball up to our forwards none of them are 6ft, what is the point? Just plays into the hands of their centre backs who are all 6ft+! Still not able to defeat any side in the top 10. We really are just a bang average side, competing with the likes of Millwall, Barnsley and QPR. Unfortunately, that's our level, we just have to accept it!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Forget who we played today.... on 14:02 - Oct 22 with 2301 viewsblueconscience

McCarthy being sussed out all too easily again. So Mick still being here is what has gone wrong.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Forget who we played today.... on 14:04 - Oct 22 with 2271 viewsdalianwasexciting

Forget who we played today.... on 14:02 - Oct 22 by blueconscience

McCarthy being sussed out all too easily again. So Mick still being here is what has gone wrong.

We did not play well in a lot of the games we won early part of the season. Getting beaten by better sides was always going to happen. I remain convinced its the mentality of the club and around the players that have led to our plummeting position. In general we have played better but of late reverted to type (MM type that is). He has done a good job but in my opinion he is 2 years past his sell by date.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Forget who we played today.... on 14:15 - Oct 22 with 2202 viewschristiand

Forget who we played today.... on 14:04 - Oct 22 by dalianwasexciting

We did not play well in a lot of the games we won early part of the season. Getting beaten by better sides was always going to happen. I remain convinced its the mentality of the club and around the players that have led to our plummeting position. In general we have played better but of late reverted to type (MM type that is). He has done a good job but in my opinion he is 2 years past his sell by date.

I don't want to admit it, but Norwich just looked more of a threat than us in that final third through-out the game. They were constantly exposing us down our right hand side and Maddison, although a good player, showed he didn't have a left foot but we allow him to have endless strikes on his right - hence the goal it was just inevitable.

I think MM picked the right line up, got no arguments there but we aren't as organised, play as well and look an attacking threat like Norwich. Bottom half of the league is a real possibility again, we now look a side that hasn't made any progress and going backwards. We try and play football at the back and in the middle of park, then we just play these pointless flicks and high balls to our forwards, why? For all us laughing at the budgies during the first month of the season, I wonder whose laughing loudest now?

Forget who we played today.... on 14:16 - Oct 22 with 2188 viewsNarddog

Nothing’s gone wrong, it’s where we are. A few good results at the start of the season doesn’t change that.

We were lucky to win at least 2 of those.
Forget who we played today.... on 14:18 - Oct 22 with 2176 viewshowdonblue

As I stated in previous post if Evans wasn’t going to sack Mcarthy after that garbage last year he won’t this season either !
Forget who we played today.... on 14:19 - Oct 22 with 2161 viewsbraveblue

Answer - McCarthy. Every team knows what to expect and he will not change. First 4 games was a complete fluke. Relegation 6 pointer next week.
Forget who we played today.... on 14:22 - Oct 22 with 2128 viewsTrequartista

Nothing has gone wrong we are just playing better sides and not keeping up the fortunate goals per shot ratio that got us through the first set of fixtures

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Forget who we played today.... on 14:28 - Oct 22 with 2094 viewsblueconscience

Forget who we played today.... on 14:22 - Oct 22 by Trequartista

Nothing has gone wrong we are just playing better sides and not keeping up the fortunate goals per shot ratio that got us through the first set of fixtures

nothing has gone wrong?

It is so sad to see how far we have fallen causing fans to just consider 7 defeats in 9 as nothing going wrong

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Forget who we played today.... on 14:28 - Oct 22 with 2093 viewschristiand

Forget who we played today.... on 14:19 - Oct 22 by braveblue

Answer - McCarthy. Every team knows what to expect and he will not change. First 4 games was a complete fluke. Relegation 6 pointer next week.

If you're Burton Albion they'll be right up for next week's fixture or should be. Their little ground packed to the rafters, supporters on top of the players and they'll be able to hear every little comment from the stands. They beat us and we're in serious problems and on a real downward spiral.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 14:31]

Forget who we played today.... on 14:36 - Oct 22 with 2010 viewsTrequartista

Forget who we played today.... on 14:28 - Oct 22 by blueconscience

nothing has gone wrong?

It is so sad to see how far we have fallen causing fans to just consider 7 defeats in 9 as nothing going wrong

My point was that nothing has suddenly gone wromg 9 games ago. it went wrong 2 years ago.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Forget who we played today.... on 14:38 - Oct 22 with 1976 viewsblueconscience

Forget who we played today.... on 14:36 - Oct 22 by Trequartista

My point was that nothing has suddenly gone wromg 9 games ago. it went wrong 2 years ago.

Oh, fair enough. I agree.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024