Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When you look at things realistically 14:01 - Oct 22 with 13603 viewsLord_Lucan

What is the point of keeping Mick Mac? There is an argument that he has done great with little resources but we are going nowhere. The only chance we have is to appoint another manager and prey for a miracle. The Status Quo is pointless.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 17:09 - Oct 22 with 4433 views_

When you look at things realistically on 17:08 - Oct 22 by sundaze

you seem to have a fixation about him touching himself, I guess you must be one of these cockwombles that were mentioned on here the other day.

When you look at things realistically on 17:16 - Oct 22 with 4414 viewsHerbivore

When you look at things realistically on 14:27 - Oct 22 by patrickswell

Furthermore, it would be enjoyed in the context of breaking up a run of 5 league defeats in 7 - now 6 defeats in 8 thanks to ANOTHER lost derby at Portman Road. Lose against Burton next week and we are in a relegation fight.

A relegation fight? Jesus. This place is insufferable at times.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When you look at things realistically on 18:23 - Oct 22 with 4336 viewsWestSussexBlue

Because I believe the club cannot afford to pay him off. I would still be surprised come the end of the season if he’s not offered a similar deal for another 1-2 years. Sacking him and gambling with a younger or less experienced manager could end in disaster, keeping good old Mick and ambling along on a shoestring budget seems All ME is prepared to do.
Personally I wanted change last May.
When you look at things realistically on 18:34 - Oct 22 with 4314 viewsglasso

While MM has been at the club, We've spent more money renting Portman Road from the council than we have on buying players.

The club is broken. What sort of manager wants to come in with all the expectation ITFC has, on a budget of peanuts and whatever he can find down the back of the sofa?

He might not be the best, but any manager who could win promotion with the current setup/owner would be a magician.
When you look at things realistically on 18:42 - Oct 22 with 4290 viewsSwansea_Blue

When you look at things realistically on 18:34 - Oct 22 by glasso

While MM has been at the club, We've spent more money renting Portman Road from the council than we have on buying players.

The club is broken. What sort of manager wants to come in with all the expectation ITFC has, on a budget of peanuts and whatever he can find down the back of the sofa?

He might not be the best, but any manager who could win promotion with the current setup/owner would be a magician.

There is that. Evans is strangling our club, but that isn't going to change any time soon.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When you look at things realistically on 18:48 - Oct 22 with 4270 viewsbontcho

I’d imagine ME would say that given the budget MM is a safe pair of hands that’s kept us in the division.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

When you look at things realistically on 18:57 - Oct 22 with 4238 viewsBeckets

When you look at things realistically on 18:48 - Oct 22 by bontcho

I’d imagine ME would say that given the budget MM is a safe pair of hands that’s kept us in the division.

Mick is starting to remind me of Royle in his last season here. I'm not convinced his heart is in as much as it was. If he still harbours ambition to manage in the Premiership he knows that he's not going to do it at this club under this regime. I think it's best for all concerned if he moves on.
When you look at things realistically on 19:06 - Oct 22 with 4216 viewspatrickswell

When you look at things realistically on 17:16 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

A relegation fight? Jesus. This place is insufferable at times.

No what’s insufferable is people whistling in the dark against the evidence of recent form and results.
Login to get fewer ads

When you look at things realistically on 19:19 - Oct 22 with 4181 viewsHerbivore

When you look at things realistically on 19:06 - Oct 22 by patrickswell

No what’s insufferable is people whistling in the dark against the evidence of recent form and results.

No, what's insufferable is people talking about a relegation fight 12 games in when we have 18 points from those games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When you look at things realistically on 19:22 - Oct 22 with 4170 viewsbontcho

When you look at things realistically on 18:57 - Oct 22 by Beckets

Mick is starting to remind me of Royle in his last season here. I'm not convinced his heart is in as much as it was. If he still harbours ambition to manage in the Premiership he knows that he's not going to do it at this club under this regime. I think it's best for all concerned if he moves on.

Just written a separate post saying very similar. He looks tired and out of ideas.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

When you look at things realistically on 19:25 - Oct 22 with 4152 viewsLeoMuff

When you look at things realistically on 19:22 - Oct 22 by bontcho

Just written a separate post saying very similar. He looks tired and out of ideas.

I think he is going through the motions now, knows he has lost a huge number of fans, whatever he does.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

When you look at things realistically on 19:31 - Oct 22 with 4137 viewsWeWereZombies

Given your last sentence I am surprised that no one had yet said he is taking us...

Down, down, deeper and down...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

When you look at things realistically on 19:51 - Oct 22 with 4078 viewsjaykay

one shot on target and one one through ball all game. so midfield and forwards need to sharpen up . otherwise going to be another long hard season

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

When you look at things realistically on 19:55 - Oct 22 with 4070 viewsm14_blue

Exactly how I feel.

There may only be a 1 in 10 chance that we get lucky with a Wagner/Howe/Dyche but we have a 0 in 10 chance of going up with Mick.

He's a good man who's done a good job but to say it's gone stale would be an understatement.

I genuinely think things couldn't get much worse. Results and league position theoretically could (although that's debatable since last season was our lowest for generations) but the general inertia and sense of stagnation around PR is soul destroying.

Being an Ipswich fan is boring. This is meant to be fun, we pay enough for the privilege.
When you look at things realistically on 20:09 - Oct 22 with 4041 viewsjeera

When you look at things realistically on 19:55 - Oct 22 by m14_blue

Exactly how I feel.

There may only be a 1 in 10 chance that we get lucky with a Wagner/Howe/Dyche but we have a 0 in 10 chance of going up with Mick.

He's a good man who's done a good job but to say it's gone stale would be an understatement.

I genuinely think things couldn't get much worse. Results and league position theoretically could (although that's debatable since last season was our lowest for generations) but the general inertia and sense of stagnation around PR is soul destroying.

Being an Ipswich fan is boring. This is meant to be fun, we pay enough for the privilege.

It's not ME's style though is it? He always seems to wait until the death.

Tbh, he seems to have lost interest in 'his' club, so I wonder what exactly he hopes to gain by holding on for much longer.

I doubt there's potential buyers a queueing up outside though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

When you look at things realistically on 20:11 - Oct 22 with 4034 viewsBeckets

When you look at things realistically on 19:55 - Oct 22 by m14_blue

Exactly how I feel.

The Sheffield Wednesday game should be interesting. Could be embarrassing to see the Sky cameras panning over rows and rows of empty seats. Not good for the Marcus Evans Group image.
When you look at things realistically on 20:14 - Oct 22 with 4018 viewsm14_blue

When you look at things realistically on 20:09 - Oct 22 by jeera

It's not ME's style though is it? He always seems to wait until the death.

Tbh, he seems to have lost interest in 'his' club, so I wonder what exactly he hopes to gain by holding on for much longer.

I doubt there's potential buyers a queueing up outside though.

Very true.

And I don't doubt that Evans is the main thing holding us back, not Mick. Unfortunately though, it's not so easy to change the owner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024