Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is 14:10 - Oct 22 with 6710 viewspatrickswell

Can’t get promoted. Can’t get top 6. Can’t win derbies. I mean WTF is the point of us?

And to every player who has represented us in a derby since 2009 (with an honourable exception to Paul Anderson and Jonas Knudsen) - you’re all a disgrace. You let us down every time. You talk the talk, but come the day you roll over and die.

I’m done for the week. Fit for Burton, yada-yada, who cares! Only the same shower of sheit who will roll over against Cardiff on Halloween and let Alex Neil’s Preston walk away with a 1-0 on November 4.

Buckling down for a season of grind. Let Downes and Nydam get their experience etc, but sadly, nothing exciting to be expected of us...Again...oh except a relegation battle on current form. I thought we had more firepower now. We didn’t lay a glove on them again.

14,000 dropping to 12,000 and lower at this rate. Because we suck!
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:11 - Oct 22 with 6679 viewsBackToRussia

Totally agree.

And who even really gives a fook any more? We're a complete non entity of a team, and the players we employ are all non entities who I couldn't honestly give a shiny shoite about if I ever heard about them again.

Bunch of chancers.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:13 - Oct 22 with 6652 viewsMr_Ipswich

POTY.

Fcuk this club and fcuk McCarthy
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:19 - Oct 22 with 6592 viewsIllinoisblue

THIS sadly nails it. We are going nowhere. All hope is lost.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:20 - Oct 22 with 6567 viewsNarddog

Amen.
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:22 - Oct 22 with 6538 viewsOCCOLD335

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:19 - Oct 22 by Illinoisblue

THIS sadly nails it. We are going nowhere. All hope is lost.

There's always hope.....My hope is that someone buys the club and sacks the manager.....
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:44 - Oct 22 with 6369 viewsFramfarmer

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:22 - Oct 22 by OCCOLD335

There's always hope.....My hope is that someone buys the club and sacks the manager.....

those of average age in the crowd aren't expecting us to beat the budgies as they've known no different. The under-40s try and keep optimistic, but only hear of our past greatness from their parents.
So forget these derbies, and keep the faith that one day we won't be in the damn championship any more, by beating the others. We've been very reliable against the sides in the bottom half this season, and I still believe the playoffs are possible.
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:47 - Oct 22 with 6330 viewsBent_double

Agree totally.

What is the point of 'Ipswich Town FC' at the moment?

We're just an annoying little fly when it comes to that lot up the road. Twice a year we buzz around them making a bit of a nuisance, but they just swat us away and walk off with 3 points. Can't see the point in even turning up at Carrot Road, might as well just give them the 3 points as they seal another promotion to the PL (yes, I believe they'll do it again now).

Stability in a football club used to be something owners, chairmen, fans cried out for, now it just means stagnation and boredom. MMs the longest serving Championship manager, but that just means many more seasons at this level in reality.

As for them lot, promotion/relegation/new managers/complete turn-over of playing staff year after year, but they'll still only have to turn up to beat us.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:52 - Oct 22 with 6273 viewsITFC_Forever

Said the other day... we’re a footballing irrelevance. Just like Coventry until SISU happened to them.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:54 - Oct 22 with 6229 viewsMijckl

Worst of all, I've long since given up expecting - hell, even hoping for - a result against that lot
We used to, regularly, more often than not, but now - I've just got used to then beating us
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:56 - Oct 22 with 6181 viewsDarth_Koont

No-one was a disgrace today.

Pronouns: He/Him

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:02 - Oct 22 with 6110 viewsblueconscience

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:56 - Oct 22 by Darth_Koont

No-one was a disgrace today.

Bet you were delighted with the performance and result, as you knew it would give you something to do on here this afternoon.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:07 - Oct 22 with 6064 viewsHarry_Palmer

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 14:44 - Oct 22 by Framfarmer

those of average age in the crowd aren't expecting us to beat the budgies as they've known no different. The under-40s try and keep optimistic, but only hear of our past greatness from their parents.
So forget these derbies, and keep the faith that one day we won't be in the damn championship any more, by beating the others. We've been very reliable against the sides in the bottom half this season, and I still believe the playoffs are possible.

Lol, we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of reaching the play-offs.
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:10 - Oct 22 with 6030 viewsDarth_Koont

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:02 - Oct 22 by blueconscience

Bet you were delighted with the performance and result, as you knew it would give you something to do on here this afternoon.

No. OK with the performance and peed off with the result.

Anyway, every match always brings something to do on here and someone to bring down off the ledge.

Pronouns: He/Him

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:23 - Oct 22 with 5964 viewsArcher4721

Yes I agree,supporting ITFC from your armchair must be a joyless experience.
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:25 - Oct 22 with 5915 viewsBackToRussia

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:23 - Oct 22 by Archer4721

Its a lot better than going.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:26 - Oct 22 with 5900 viewsBergholtBru

What an absolutely garbage post!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:39 - Oct 22 with 5826 viewsArcher4721

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:25 - Oct 22 by BackToRussia

Its a lot better than going.

Not for many on here it seems.
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:48 - Oct 22 with 5769 viewspatrickswell

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:23 - Oct 22 by Archer4721

What’s the bloody reason for going?! Whenever I have gone over the last few seasons it’s been frustrating and annoying. Watching from the armchair hasn’t been much better either between that berk, Gary Weaver, going on about us being in Norwich’s shadow or us stinking out for the whole country to see against Lincoln last year.
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:58 - Oct 22 with 5697 views3_5_2

Like a lot of town fans, I sometimes struggle with it all. They are my team and always will be but I totally agree with the op. There just seems no end to it

We flatter to deceive, bore everyone to death for a point or like today, struggle for a plan B when we are losing.

Listening to RS on the way home Mick Mills ( who I like most of the time) said town fans need to be patient. Patient!

Longest serving club in the champ, haven't beaten NCFC since Jim was manager and look like yet again, having a totally brand / staying up is a bonus type season

Dropping crowds ( which will continue after today) an invisible owner who can't/ won't invest and a manager who I like for his honesty but seems to have only way to play.

All very sad.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:59 - Oct 22 with 5669 viewsBackToRussia

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:58 - Oct 22 by 3_5_2

Like a lot of town fans, I sometimes struggle with it all. They are my team and always will be but I totally agree with the op. There just seems no end to it

We flatter to deceive, bore everyone to death for a point or like today, struggle for a plan B when we are losing.

Listening to RS on the way home Mick Mills ( who I like most of the time) said town fans need to be patient. Patient!

Longest serving club in the champ, haven't beaten NCFC since Jim was manager and look like yet again, having a totally brand / staying up is a bonus type season

Dropping crowds ( which will continue after today) an invisible owner who can't/ won't invest and a manager who I like for his honesty but seems to have only way to play.

All very sad.

I think we need to become radically impatient.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:59 - Oct 22 with 5661 viewspatrickswell

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 15:26 - Oct 22 by BergholtBru

What an absolutely garbage post!

Why? What is there to refute in it? Or should I just sit down and take the thin gruel that our club serves up: We’ll win our first 5 games, but we have to lose most of our next 8, still we’ve got Burton away on Oct 28 - who knows Freddie Sears might get a brace against them again.
Beating the other challengers in this league, you say? Ooh no, we haven’t got the finance for that, but we’ll pass the ball around a little more attractively at the back and let you enjoy a whole 90 seconds of us being level with the likes of Leeds before we fall asleep and let them back in front or drop the ball in our own net.
Did you enjoy that 5-2 against Sunderland? I hope so because we’re only going to give you 1 goal in the next 3 before you start getting ideas above our station.
Beat Norwich? Don’t be daft, we led at Carrow Road for 6 minutes last year, that’ll do you for the decade won’t it?

Thing is I can see shafts of light in terms of some of the youngsters and some of our signings, but it’ll all take time (2 or 3 seasons maybe) to fuse together...and what will we have in the mean time? Sod all as usual!
What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 16:01 - Oct 22 with 5637 viewsBent_double

Here we go again.

Unless you go to every Ipswich game, home and away, you're not a true supporter, and you don't deserve an opinion. Is that it?

Change the bleedin record would ya.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

What a joyless experience supporting Ipswich Town is on 16:38 - Oct 23 with 4506 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The post of the year without shadow of doubt.

We're a perfect definition of a tinpot football club. Just drift along without any ambitions and some of our 'fans' yet have a cheek to say that we've improved this season under their beloved ... super Mick ha ha ha.

To think that Milne and some TWTD 'experts' were mocking Norwich last summer for the risk they have made. This ongoing depressing stagnation under Evans and McCarthy, is it better then? So many Ipswich folk are scared of changes.

Very sad state of things. Very depressing but we keep improving as a club according to some.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024