Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina 14:23 - Oct 22 with 8831 viewsNarddog

Why can’t mick get him in the team to do what exactly what Maddison did today? Clearly he has the ability, why can’t Mick make it work?
Celina on 15:27 - Oct 22 with 2725 viewsMullet

Celina on 15:20 - Oct 22 by BackToRussia

He's already scored and assisted in the goals he's played. What is it two goals and one assist from about two starts and five appearances. Not bad at all. We'll again cede to the football experts on here tho whose judgement always curiously coincides with Mick McCarthy's.

What did you see today that suggests he starts though? The problem with that is it suggest we should play mostly or at least more of our youth team given a good chunk of his success was against Luton and Palace wasn't it?

If McGoldrick is injured I'd definitely put him in a free role, but when has he come in and really flown? The rout against Sunderland was probably the best example, but it's not like Mick is leaving him on the bench or even worse in the reserves. It's just easy to suggest he answers questions being asked of the starting players, but given we just caught by a full back being doubled up on, does a winger who doesn't yet beat his man or find a striker consistently convince enough?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Celina on 15:41 - Oct 22 with 2700 viewsNarddog

Celina on 15:27 - Oct 22 by Mullet

What did you see today that suggests he starts though? The problem with that is it suggest we should play mostly or at least more of our youth team given a good chunk of his success was against Luton and Palace wasn't it?

If McGoldrick is injured I'd definitely put him in a free role, but when has he come in and really flown? The rout against Sunderland was probably the best example, but it's not like Mick is leaving him on the bench or even worse in the reserves. It's just easy to suggest he answers questions being asked of the starting players, but given we just caught by a full back being doubled up on, does a winger who doesn't yet beat his man or find a striker consistently convince enough?

What’s that saying? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results. Change is required.

Clearly he can beat a man, he wandered past 3 in a row at one point towards the end of the game, similar to his goal at QPR. He also has a cockiness about his game that managed correctly could be infectious and give confidence to those around him.

He is creative, technically gifted and forward thinking which we need to start utilising in my opinion.

He offers us something different to what we currently have and being a little less predictable as a team can only benefit us.
Celina on 15:44 - Oct 22 with 2692 viewsMullet

Celina on 15:41 - Oct 22 by Narddog

What’s that saying? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results. Change is required.

Clearly he can beat a man, he wandered past 3 in a row at one point towards the end of the game, similar to his goal at QPR. He also has a cockiness about his game that managed correctly could be infectious and give confidence to those around him.

He is creative, technically gifted and forward thinking which we need to start utilising in my opinion.

He offers us something different to what we currently have and being a little less predictable as a team can only benefit us.

Well he didn't, he ran into space with the 3 men still between him and the goal. But you're making this very binary which isn't the case.

He can do wonderful things but also miss the simple stuff too. He is very hot and cold and has yet to make Mick pick him which is really the issue isn't it?

To say Mick is doing the same thing over and over when he's switched from 3-5-2, Webster in front of the back line, 4-3-3 and then 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 and beyond in the last two games with different starting XI's is the biggest issue.

We've got a better squad but no identifiable XI.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:47 - Oct 22 with 2679 viewsTractorWood

Celina on 15:44 - Oct 22 by Mullet

Well he didn't, he ran into space with the 3 men still between him and the goal. But you're making this very binary which isn't the case.

He can do wonderful things but also miss the simple stuff too. He is very hot and cold and has yet to make Mick pick him which is really the issue isn't it?

To say Mick is doing the same thing over and over when he's switched from 3-5-2, Webster in front of the back line, 4-3-3 and then 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 and beyond in the last two games with different starting XI's is the biggest issue.

Didn't replace Berra. Too many defensive changes etc. Should be able to name the back 4 in your sleep.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 15:49]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Celina on 15:54 - Oct 22 with 2651 viewsNarddog

Celina on 15:44 - Oct 22 by Mullet

He had 3 players close him down but still managed to run forwards, create space and uncertainty in the Norwich defence. If he was as consistent as you seem to think he needs to be to play for us, then he wouldn’t be here would he.

Mullet, I know you’re the self appointed authority round these parts, but you’re wrong. You could put those numbers in any formation you like but ultimately, the vast majority of the time, it’s all the same thing. We flip between 3 and 2 at CB, I’ll give you that, but it’s more often than not the same personell.

4321, 451, 433 & 4411 are all essentially the same thing. We just call them different formations depending on who’s on the pitch.

Same players, same philosophy, same lack of creativity, same result.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 15:58]
Celina on 16:11 - Oct 22 with 2609 viewsMullet

Celina on 15:54 - Oct 22 by Narddog

He had 3 players close him down but still managed to run forwards, create space and uncertainty in the Norwich defence. If he was as consistent as you seem to think he needs to be to play for us, then he wouldn’t be here would he.

Mullet, I know you’re the self appointed authority round these parts, but you’re wrong. You could put those numbers in any formation you like but ultimately, the vast majority of the time, it’s all the same thing. We flip between 3 and 2 at CB, I’ll give you that, but it’s more often than not the same personell.

4321, 451, 433 & 4411 are all essentially the same thing. We just call them different formations depending on who’s on the pitch.

Same players, same philosophy, same lack of creativity, same result.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 15:58]

You've just agreed with me and contradicted yourself in that he didn't actually beat those players etc..... We made 3 changes for Sheffield United I think and another 2 today. That's in the space of two games.

To say we're just doing the same things only really applies in terms of general approach of tight first hour, change shape if we're chasing the game. It's worked brilliantly and got us some wins early on, but definitely hasn't lately.

To say that all hinges on Celina, when he has been a small part of that is fine, but you're not telling me where that change comes from. Why you've tried to get personal instead is a bit weird too.

Where in the last month have we seen the evidence that Celina alone changes this, when surely it's about the team as a whole? If you put him in who do you take out and what role does he get in what shape?

He played well on the left for Twente but here he's not had the same impact, so do you drop Kenlock out completely and stop Knudsen overlapping to accommodate him for example?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:13 - Oct 22 with 2603 viewsMullet

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:47 - Oct 22 by TractorWood

Didn't replace Berra. Too many defensive changes etc. Should be able to name the back 4 in your sleep.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 15:49]

That was ironically Mick's problem in the playoff season. Same four even when knackered or carrying knocks.

Webster's injury looks hugely costly, Chambers missing was start of defensive decline. Iorfa looks like a young player, Connolly probably won't play again, Kenlock isn't quite consistent enough to be more than a sub option.

A very rare turnaround.

Celina on 16:16 - Oct 22 with 2596 viewsNarddog

Celina on 16:11 - Oct 22 by Mullet

You've just agreed with me and contradicted yourself in that he didn't actually beat those players etc..... We made 3 changes for Sheffield United I think and another 2 today. That's in the space of two games.

To say we're just doing the same things only really applies in terms of general approach of tight first hour, change shape if we're chasing the game. It's worked brilliantly and got us some wins early on, but definitely hasn't lately.

To say that all hinges on Celina, when he has been a small part of that is fine, but you're not telling me where that change comes from. Why you've tried to get personal instead is a bit weird too.

Where in the last month have we seen the evidence that Celina alone changes this, when surely it's about the team as a whole? If you put him in who do you take out and what role does he get in what shape?

He played well on the left for Twente but here he's not had the same impact, so do you drop Kenlock out completely and stop Knudsen overlapping to accommodate him for example?

He did beat them, I’m just conceding that he didn’t beat them in the sense that I presumed you had meant, I.e. skinned them down the wing etc

You’re missing my point. I’m talking about a change of approach, not switching one CM for another CM or full back for full back.

It’s about intent and style of play. Building the team around players who may take the game to the opposition rather than the percentage football of the past 3 years.
Login to get fewer ads

Celina on 16:18 - Oct 22 with 2587 viewsMullet

Celina on 16:16 - Oct 22 by Narddog

He did beat them, I’m just conceding that he didn’t beat them in the sense that I presumed you had meant, I.e. skinned them down the wing etc

You’re missing my point. I’m talking about a change of approach, not switching one CM for another CM or full back for full back.

It’s about intent and style of play. Building the team around players who may take the game to the opposition rather than the percentage football of the past 3 years.

So where does he fit in?

Celina on 16:37 - Oct 22 with 2571 viewsNarddog

Celina on 16:18 - Oct 22 by Mullet

So where does he fit in?

Either no.10 or on left hand side.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:42 - Oct 22 with 2559 viewsTractorWood

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:13 - Oct 22 by Mullet

That was ironically Mick's problem in the playoff season. Same four even when knackered or carrying knocks.

Webster's injury looks hugely costly, Chambers missing was start of defensive decline. Iorfa looks like a young player, Connolly probably won't play again, Kenlock isn't quite consistent enough to be more than a sub option.

A very rare turnaround.

Berra was imperious that season. Tommy Smith was decent too.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Celina on 18:47 - Oct 22 with 2519 viewsSuperfrans

Maybe it’s to do with the player.

He clearly as talent, but his positioning is terrible. Again, when we had the ball, he ran into crowds of players, rather than finding space. He has done this again and again and again, every time he has played for us. He needs to be taken to one side and have it explained to him.

Maybe, he has previously played in leagues where his skill can get him out of tight positions. But in the Championship, he needs to learn to find space.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Celina on 18:50 - Oct 22 with 2511 viewsSuperfrans

Celina on 16:16 - Oct 22 by Narddog

He made one run, from around 10 yards outside our box, to just over the halfway line. And even then he didn’t appear to beat any players.

Anyone can make a run in that part of the pitch. But it’s pointless, unless you’re going to create something. And he didn’t.

He’s a highly talented players. But an extremely frustrating one too.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Celina on 20:17 - Oct 22 with 2472 viewsNarddog

Celina on 18:50 - Oct 22 by Superfrans

He made one run, from around 10 yards outside our box, to just over the halfway line. And even then he didn’t appear to beat any players.

Anyone can make a run in that part of the pitch. But it’s pointless, unless you’re going to create something. And he didn’t.

He’s a highly talented players. But an extremely frustrating one too.

But nobody else DOES make that run, picking the ball up and driving up the pitch. That’s my point and that’s what I like about him.

I want to see mick play him and make him more effective as like you say, he has talent. Mick needs to get it out of him.
Celina on 20:37 - Oct 22 with 2450 viewsLeoMuff

Celina on 20:17 - Oct 22 by Narddog

But nobody else DOES make that run, picking the ball up and driving up the pitch. That’s my point and that’s what I like about him.

I want to see mick play him and make him more effective as like you say, he has talent. Mick needs to get it out of him.

I would have dropped waghorn for him, now waggy was Motm for me ,but Celina should be playing, and would have linked up better and allowed more space for Mcg.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Celina on 21:37 - Oct 22 with 2413 viewsbrendanh

Celina on 20:37 - Oct 22 by LeoMuff

I would have dropped waghorn for him, now waggy was Motm for me ,but Celina should be playing, and would have linked up better and allowed more space for Mcg.

Celina should have started far more games this season. Unf, skill and dribbling ability aren't heavily weighted in MM's assessment criteria. In short, he's not a proper bloke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024