Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People on here talking like we battered them.. 15:00 - Oct 22 with 9547 viewsHarry_Palmer

What game were you watching? We had 2 shots on target all game, I keep reading about all our missed chances, we had about 2 or 3 clear chances at best. The only real guilt edged miss was Mcgoldrick's header.

We were at home in a derby, we are supposed to create a few chances ffs.
People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:02 - Oct 22 with 6749 viewsBackToRussia

It's called lowered expectations. And we should probably all get on board now.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:02 - Oct 22 with 6738 viewsMullet

We put about 3 over the bar and one off the post.

No question we gave them a good go today.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:03 - Oct 22 with 6727 viewsBackToRussia

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:02 - Oct 22 by Mullet

Yeah they're probably wondering how they got away with that one and nervous for the return fixture....

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:04 - Oct 22 with 6699 viewsHarry_Palmer

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:02 - Oct 22 by BackToRussia

It's called lowered expectations. And we should probably all get on board now.

I think you are right, for some stupid reason I went into today with hope that we might actually put on a decent performance and beat them for once. Silly me.
on 15:05 - Oct 22 with 6677 views_

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:06 - Oct 22 with 6667 viewsnoggin

They beat us Again. That’s the bottom line.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:06 - Oct 22 with 6660 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Are people on here talking like that? I and others have suggested we were competitive and edged the game. We lost though so still gutting. No point saying we were awful when were clearly werent. Bad finishing though.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:06 - Oct 22 with 6644 viewsStokieBlue

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:02 - Oct 22 by Mullet

I'd agree for 45 minutes.

The second 45 was very poor indeed and pretty long ball (different to direct) which they dealt with very easily.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:07 - Oct 22 with 6622 viewsBackToRussia

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:04 - Oct 22 by Harry_Palmer

I think you are right, for some stupid reason I went into today with hope that we might actually put on a decent performance and beat them for once. Silly me.

Same but deep down I think I knew this was always likely.

Don't care about town any more. You go and its not the same as it used to be. We can't play football.

Don't care what anyone says, its joyless and boring and its not worth supporting.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:07 - Oct 22 with 6616 viewsStokieBlue

on 15:05 - Oct 22 by _

Which Knudsen chance do you keep referring to as a clear miss?

Not the one he struck against the post from a tight angle I hope?

SB

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:11 - Oct 22 with 6572 viewsLankHenners

I think you're deliberately exaggerating some comments to produce things that no-one's actually said. So fair play for carrying on a strong TWTD tradition.

McGoldrick should have scored, Waghorn come close on two occasions, Knudsen was a fraction off scoring. The chances we did have were good enough for us to have scored at least one of them. It many respects the 1st half was similar to the Brentford game earlier in the season - for all their talent we restricted them to pot shots from 20+ yards.

The second half, which the board appears to agree on, was dreadful.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

on 15:11 - Oct 22 with 6568 views_

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:07 - Oct 22 by StokieBlue

Which Knudsen chance do you keep referring to as a clear miss?

Not the one he struck against the post from a tight angle I hope?

SB

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:12 - Oct 22 with 6546 viewsWeWereZombies

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:06 - Oct 22 by StokieBlue

I'd agree for 45 minutes.

The second 45 was very poor indeed and pretty long ball (different to direct) which they dealt with very easily.

SB

And then when Sears and Celina came on (ten minutes too late to settle into the game) we went to some semblance of 4-2-4, not a great idea against a team with five decent midfielders.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:12 - Oct 22 with 6526 viewsMullet

on 15:11 - Oct 22 by _

No he didn't Pinto got that badly wrong and was huge let off. He turned right into Knudsen who was closing him down.

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:12 - Oct 22 with 6520 viewsStokieBlue

on 15:11 - Oct 22 by _

I think that's extremely harsh to call that a miss, it was a tight angle and I don't really expect people to score from there.

It also wasn't from great incisive play, it was from rubbish play from the full-back.

We didn't do any high pressing like that in the second half really.

SB

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:14 - Oct 22 with 6475 viewsHarry_Palmer

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:06 - Oct 22 by Terry_Nutkins

Are people on here talking like that? I and others have suggested we were competitive and edged the game. We lost though so still gutting. No point saying we were awful when were clearly werent. Bad finishing though.

We were ok in the 1st half, nothing special but ok. It was a platform to build on for the second half. We might have gone in one up but it was fairly even overall.

We were fecking awful in the second half, I don't see how anybody can claim otherwise.

Taking the 90 mins as a whole you have to say it was pretty poor. Only two shots on target and the inevitable sloppy goal conceded.

Apart from Mcgoldrick's header, what were the other examples of bad finishing and missed chances then?
on 15:15 - Oct 22 with 6441 views_

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:12 - Oct 22 by StokieBlue

I think that's extremely harsh to call that a miss, it was a tight angle and I don't really expect people to score from there.

It also wasn't from great incisive play, it was from rubbish play from the full-back.

We didn't do any high pressing like that in the second half really.

SB

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:17 - Oct 22 with 6408 viewsMullet

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:14 - Oct 22 by Harry_Palmer

We were ok in the 1st half, nothing special but ok. It was a platform to build on for the second half. We might have gone in one up but it was fairly even overall.

We were fecking awful in the second half, I don't see how anybody can claim otherwise.

Taking the 90 mins as a whole you have to say it was pretty poor. Only two shots on target and the inevitable sloppy goal conceded.

Apart from Mcgoldrick's header, what were the other examples of bad finishing and missed chances then?

Waghorn at the near post and his chip deserved better, he also had that one off the floor where he powder puffed it.

You could point to any of those and say "if" but ultimately we were wasteful when we didn't need to be.

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:17 - Oct 22 with 6398 viewsStokieBlue

on 15:15 - Oct 22 by _

I need to see you play callis in 5-a-side if you think that was easier to miss than score.

Would have been a hell of a goal from an acute angle.

SB

on 15:18 - Oct 22 with 6386 views_

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:17 - Oct 22 by Mullet

Waghorn at the near post and his chip deserved better, he also had that one off the floor where he powder puffed it.

You could point to any of those and say "if" but ultimately we were wasteful when we didn't need to be.

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:29 - Oct 22 with 6319 viewsWeWereZombies

on 15:18 - Oct 22 by _

A couple were wayward but most got into the box and caused opportunities if not chances. Trouble was we needed Waghorn to be in there scrapping for the ball, as Mullett says above some of Waghorn's finishes were powder puff but despite that and his couple of miscued corners I thought he had a decent game, never stopped trying and caused trouble but appears to want more space and time than he is going to get to put a firm on target shot away.

on 15:33 - Oct 22 with 6267 views_

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:29 - Oct 22 by WeWereZombies

A couple were wayward but most got into the box and caused opportunities if not chances. Trouble was we needed Waghorn to be in there scrapping for the ball, as Mullett says above some of Waghorn's finishes were powder puff but despite that and his couple of miscued corners I thought he had a decent game, never stopped trying and caused trouble but appears to want more space and time than he is going to get to put a firm on target shot away.

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:39 - Oct 22 with 6200 viewsWeWereZombies

on 15:33 - Oct 22 by _

Maybe Gav can add footage of all of Waghorn's deliveries to the Player's Ratings page and posters can rate them...

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 16:05 - Oct 22 with 6059 viewsHarry_Palmer

People on here talking like we battered them.. on 15:11 - Oct 22 by LankHenners

I think you're deliberately exaggerating some comments to produce things that no-one's actually said. So fair play for carrying on a strong TWTD tradition.

McGoldrick should have scored, Waghorn come close on two occasions, Knudsen was a fraction off scoring. The chances we did have were good enough for us to have scored at least one of them. It many respects the 1st half was similar to the Brentford game earlier in the season - for all their talent we restricted them to pot shots from 20+ yards.

The second half, which the board appears to agree on, was dreadful.

Yeah, you are right Henners, nobody said anything of the sort.....

"we had several guilt edge chances which we failed to take"

"All three had chances that were harder to miss than score"

"Sounds like we were robbed By our own lack of accuracy in front of goal during a high-pressure match"

"Poor finishing was the only reason we didn't win."

"Town were really unlucky today, had most of the chances"

"I thought we were better then them for the first time in a long while. We missed our chances and that was the difference"
People on here talking like we battered them.. on 16:18 - Oct 22 with 5977 viewsGuthrum

My point was that we had a number of shots off-target which should have been on. Of course we ought to be creating chances - but we also have to be doing better with them when we do. What's happened to the clinical shooting of the first few games?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024