Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... 15:07 - Oct 22 with 8527 viewsBanburyBlue

and McGoldrick was way off it today! So where do we go from here? From the off it was obvious that they were targeting our right side, why didn't MM/TC get it sorted? McGoldricks been ok so far but today was not his day, he really should have hit the target with the free header and as for that attempt at the volley that ended up in the Co-Op

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:09 - Oct 22 with 7071 viewstractorboy7777

It frustrates me so much how casual Spence plays!!

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:10 - Oct 22 with 7054 viewsgroovyASH

We go to Burton next week, is all we can do and the only thing that makes days like this marginally easier to cope will be a win.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:13 - Oct 22 with 7023 viewshadleighboyblue

Agree with Mick Mills , the manager is tactically very poor and never seems to be able to react to going behind .

Once we went behind we just lost any threat we had in the 1st half .

7 defeats in 9 with some tough games coming up
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:15 - Oct 22 with 6982 viewsNo9

Has there been a derby when Hoolihan was involved that he didn't outshine Towns midfield?
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:54 - Oct 22 with 6859 viewsswede

I too was so frustrated that MM/TC did not seem to see the huge space we gave them on our right side. Spence was way out of it for most of the match and they had freedom to attack us with relative ease. It happened so many times in the first half that I said to my lad that is how they would score. Why didn't/couldn't MM see it?
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:55 - Oct 22 with 6841 viewsHARRY10

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:09 - Oct 22 by tractorboy7777

It frustrates me so much how casual Spence plays!!

Spence is just not up to at (at the moment), that's why the budgies concentrated down that side. Wgahorn is not a midfield player, so left JS exposed to many times

Both Didz and Skuse are beginning to look past their prime.

Unfortunately when we did slow it down a bit (rather than simply hoof it forward) they were all too quick to get players back. Overall they seemed to be, or played, better man for man.

the frustrating think is that have put that team together from almost scratch this summer, and mostly unknowns at not a great cost. Ay some point Evans needs to realise that we are simply stagnating. MM just seems to trot out the same tactics and excuses after the game.

Just be thankful that we have a top keeper in Bart.
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:05 - Oct 22 with 6761 viewsNo9

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:55 - Oct 22 by HARRY10

Spence is just not up to at (at the moment), that's why the budgies concentrated down that side. Wgahorn is not a midfield player, so left JS exposed to many times

Unfortunately when we did slow it down a bit (rather than simply hoof it forward) they were all too quick to get players back. Overall they seemed to be, or played, better man for man.

the frustrating think is that have put that team together from almost scratch this summer, and mostly unknowns at not a great cost. Ay some point Evans needs to realise that we are simply stagnating. MM just seems to trot out the same tactics and excuses after the game.

The main question is why do Skuse run away from madison to leave him unmarked?
Did at least tried & on another day would have had a brace.

But, all in all they came with a plan and it worked
MM & TC had no plan
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:06 - Oct 22 with 6747 viewsSonOfSpock

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:55 - Oct 22 by HARRY10

Not sure McGoldrick ever had a prime whilst laying in the treatment room.
Login to get fewer ads

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:15 - Oct 22 with 6689 viewsHARRY10

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:05 - Oct 22 by No9

The main question is why do Skuse run away from madison to leave him unmarked?
Did at least tried & on another day would have had a brace.

But, all in all they came with a plan and it worked
MM & TC had no plan

Pick it up on 2m.20 seconds and look at the space Maddison is left with. the one thing he can do is shoot, and fairly quick at that. We only have ourselves to blame.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ipswich-vs-norwich/374769
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:18 - Oct 22 with 6671 viewsLuk38644

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 15:54 - Oct 22 by swede

I too was so frustrated that MM/TC did not seem to see the huge space we gave them on our right side. Spence was way out of it for most of the match and they had freedom to attack us with relative ease. It happened so many times in the first half that I said to my lad that is how they would score. Why didn't/couldn't MM see it?

Twas glaringly obvious to most of us and it was partly down to Waghorn playing on that right side ahead of Spence. He's a centre-forward so not naturally defensive which meant he didn't get back and Spence was over-run. Even when Mick didn't spot it, surely someone like Skuse would have done and pointed it out or done something about it?

Like you say, if they were going to score, that was where it was going to come from, and they did.
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:22 - Oct 22 with 6645 viewsNo9

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:15 - Oct 22 by HARRY10

Pick it up on 2m.20 seconds and look at the space Maddison is left with. the one thing he can do is shoot, and fairly quick at that. We only have ourselves to blame.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ipswich-vs-norwich/374769

Yep, as I mentioned it looked very much as if Skuse ran away from Madison.
He was the obvious player to mark the Norwich man but went of to a player who already had others on him leaving Madison in acres of space-

It isn't the first time he has done that , the question is if we can see that why can't a pro football manager?
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:44 - Oct 22 with 6548 viewshadleighboyblue

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:18 - Oct 22 by Luk38644

Twas glaringly obvious to most of us and it was partly down to Waghorn playing on that right side ahead of Spence. He's a centre-forward so not naturally defensive which meant he didn't get back and Spence was over-run. Even when Mick didn't spot it, surely someone like Skuse would have done and pointed it out or done something about it?

Like you say, if they were going to score, that was where it was going to come from, and they did.

Agree it was obvious we had a problem down our right had side with Spence getting no help from Waghorn - this has happened before , so why can't our management team see it ............or senior pros like Chambers and Skuse see it .

We all know we suffer from a lack of money compared to most other clubs , but it's tactically that we are being left behind by too many teams .

Football has moved on and MM hasn't ...............it has to be time for a change
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:47 - Oct 22 with 6519 viewssparks

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:22 - Oct 22 by No9

He was the obvious player to mark the Norwich man but went of to a player who already had others on him leaving Madison in acres of space-

It isn't the first time he has done that , the question is if we can see that why can't a pro football manager?

Well noted. Thanks for pointing it out. Yes thats really poor from Skuse. Instead of tracking his man, he jogs out to help a situation that is already 2 on 2 and assuming someone else will pick up his man. Who then had ample space to control and score.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:03 - Oct 22 with 6449 viewspointofblue

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:47 - Oct 22 by sparks

Well noted. Thanks for pointing it out. Yes thats really poor from Skuse. Instead of tracking his man, he jogs out to help a situation that is already 2 on 2 and assuming someone else will pick up his man. Who then had ample space to control and score.

I'm just glad Skuse did that and not Nydam, Downes or Celina - we wouldn't have seen them for about six months.

Premier League class is Skusey.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 17:03]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:08 - Oct 22 with 6413 viewsHARRY10

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:44 - Oct 22 by hadleighboyblue

Agree it was obvious we had a problem down our right had side with Spence getting no help from Waghorn - this has happened before , so why can't our management team see it ............or senior pros like Chambers and Skuse see it .

We all know we suffer from a lack of money compared to most other clubs , but it's tactically that we are being left behind by too many teams .

Football has moved on and MM hasn't ...............it has to be time for a change

I don't think football has moved on, at all. Bar the same stuff just being given new cliches.

MM's position seems to be one of still being a 'no nonsense' defender. Unfortunately what he sees as 'no nonsense' is to most others attacking play based on keeping the ball down. How good is his assistant TC ? A failure at Wolves as manager and nothing else bar some lower league coaching.

The budgies totally over hauled their football side from top to bottom, and it looks to be paying off. We are stuck with the same failing coaching staff and the same failing attitude. Muddle along and hope for the best. S*d the cup games, hoof the ball forward and rely on some 'proper' blokes to keep our heads above the water.

Whilst all the time the crowds dwindle away and we watch other clubs come and go, achieve success and suffer failure. Have hopes fulfilled and nightmares endured.

And us ? Sixteen tears of stagnation with a League Cup semi and a play off semi and that is the lot.
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:09 - Oct 22 with 6405 viewsLankHenners

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 16:22 - Oct 22 by No9

Quite clearly, he does it to cover that right hand side as Spence was in trouble. Probably should have moved across quicker but he had only just ran back onto the pitch after being injured.

If we had a proper right midfielder there rather than Waghorn floating about then we wouldn't have been exposed so easily down the right. There was also a clear lack of communication/being on the same wavelength/simply looking up once Skuse moved to help out Spence. A poor general goal to concede as a team - trying to pin it all down on one player, Skuse in particular, is laughably desperate.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:12 - Oct 22 with 6383 viewsArnieM

Why was Waghorn the one to take the corners. He's our number 9 FFS !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:16 - Oct 22 with 6348 viewssparks

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:09 - Oct 22 by LankHenners

Quite clearly, he does it to cover that right hand side as Spence was in trouble. Probably should have moved across quicker but he had only just ran back onto the pitch after being injured.

If we had a proper right midfielder there rather than Waghorn floating about then we wouldn't have been exposed so easily down the right. There was also a clear lack of communication/being on the same wavelength/simply looking up once Skuse moved to help out Spence. A poor general goal to concede as a team - trying to pin it all down on one player, Skuse in particular, is laughably desperate.

Its nothing to do with being desperate. Its one incident. He should have tracked the runner. Basics.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:18 - Oct 22 with 6325 viewsLankHenners

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:16 - Oct 22 by sparks

Its nothing to do with being desperate. Its one incident. He should have tracked the runner. Basics.

Desperate in terms of the poster's history of trying to single out Skuse as often as he can regardless of whether it's relevant or not.

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:23 - Oct 22 with 6273 viewsNo9

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:12 - Oct 22 by ArnieM

Why was Waghorn the one to take the corners. He's our number 9 FFS !!

Agreed
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:24 - Oct 22 with 6251 viewssparks

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:18 - Oct 22 by LankHenners

Desperate in terms of the poster's history of trying to single out Skuse as often as he can regardless of whether it's relevant or not.

I've done nothing of the sort.

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:26 - Oct 22 with 6238 viewsLankHenners

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:24 - Oct 22 by sparks

I've done nothing of the sort.

Not you - the poster I was replying to.

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:33 - Oct 22 with 6193 viewsNo9

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:09 - Oct 22 by LankHenners

Harry 10 posted the link, you can watch it.
It is what happened get over it.
Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:35 - Oct 22 with 6174 viewshampstead_blue

What about the Everton lad?

Supposed to be a proper RB.

Spence was casual. Looked poor, and the fact that scum kept going down the right showed how much they fancied getting at him.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:35 - Oct 22 with 6171 viewsLankHenners

Hoolihan had Spence in his pocket..... on 17:33 - Oct 22 by No9

Harry 10 posted the link, you can watch it.
It is what happened get over it.

I watched it myself live you dork. I pointed out that he made a mistake but felt the overall pinning of the goal on him individually is unfair.

Some people on this site really aren't worth the effort.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024