Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you remember the first few games? 15:14 - Oct 22 with 1155 viewsJustSpivvyChops

I do.......we put a couple of wins together against teams expected to prop up the table this season and many of us realists suggested that these were unrealistic fixtures to be judging our team by and our likely finishing spot in the league, but naturally we were wailed upon by "the usual mob" for suggesting ITFC were anything but world beaters, I'm certain some on here believed we could have won a world cup in place of the national side.

They continued their avid defence of MM and the side as the losses began to rack up.....it's now 7 out of 9, which is a pi55 poor record by any standard, are they still beating the same drum?

In answer to some of the "what's happened?" questions..........nothing.......we're the same pile of mediocre shoite, just pitted weekly against better mediocre teams, we are no better or worse a team than we have been for many, many years.....just the same old mid table, rudderless, inconsistent, joy sapping nobodies we have all sadly come to expect and despise......to think otherwise, is pure folly.......and fantasy.

It's horrible being proven right season after season, after season, after season when ones view is so dreadfully dull, but what really astounds me is that others appear to really have a different expectation based on, well, nothing tangible at all frankly.

Adios amigos, long may the suffering continue.......
Do you remember the first few games? on 15:15 - Oct 22 with 1134 viewsDarth_Koont

Can you take your straw man with you when you leave?

Pronouns: He/Him

Do you remember the first few games? on 16:30 - Oct 22 with 1064 viewsVaughan8

The question is where are the "we are 2nd with a game in hand" brigade. People claiming we were going to win the league.

Anyone with an ounce of realism could see we were scoring a high percentage of our chances and were getting a bit "lucky". Now we aren't and look at our results.

It's sad but another 15th/16th position season I think .
Do you remember the first few games? on 16:39 - Oct 22 with 1032 viewsHARRY10

Do you remember the first few games? on 16:30 - Oct 22 by Vaughan8

The question is where are the "we are 2nd with a game in hand" brigade. People claiming we were going to win the league.

Anyone with an ounce of realism could see we were scoring a high percentage of our chances and were getting a bit "lucky". Now we aren't and look at our results.

It's sad but another 15th/16th position season I think .

The frightening thing is that we will need to up our game quite a bit if our league form is anything to go by.

Six points out of twenty four and they were against the bottom two teams.
Do you remember the first few games? on 16:42 - Oct 22 with 1017 viewssparks

Do you remember the first few games? on 16:39 - Oct 22 by HARRY10

The frightening thing is that we will need to up our game quite a bit if our league form is anything to go by.

Six points out of twenty four and they were against the bottom two teams.

The most worrying thing is that yet again we find players who started out looking bright and promising getting more and more predictable and dour as their time under MM continues.

See, for example, Sears and Ward. And now Spence, Waghorn, Garner etc all looking very pedestrian indeed. No spark or ingenuity to be seen. Just a direct system of play with the hope of sneaking something from second balls.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024