Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very worrying run of form 16:09 - Oct 22 with 6466 viewsHARRY10

Six points out of the last eight games, which would give us 34.5 points over the season.

The six points came from the bottom two in the table. Thankfully the next one up (game as well as place in the table) is Burton.

But we are now closer to the bottom three than we are to the top three, albeit we have a game in hand.

Sorry to be such a doom monger)
Very worrying run of form on 16:11 - Oct 22 with 5846 viewsNo9

1/4 of the season gone, most of the 'easy' games have been played.
Other teams will be considering chnages to be made & if any acquisitions are needed in the forthcoming tranfer window.
Not here tho'?
Very worrying run of form on 16:19 - Oct 22 with 5831 viewsVaughan8

Have we even picked up any points against anyone not in the bottom 10 or so?

This just means we are going to end bottom-mid-table again. Maybe 15th? Haha.

The sky highlights today did show mostly our chances. Just seems Norwich took one of theirs. That's our problem. The start of the season we were scoring something like 80% of our chances. Most people except the massive optimists must have know that kind of thing wasn't going to last.

Sadly we are too good to go down (we beat the bottom teams) but not good enough to even threat the playoffs. It's sad times. As another thread said, we have become a bit of nothing team. We haven't even had a decent cup run for years and years.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 16:20]
Very worrying run of form on 18:01 - Oct 22 with 5752 viewsHARRY10

Very worrying run of form on 16:19 - Oct 22 by Vaughan8

The sky highlights today did show mostly our chances. Just seems Norwich took one of theirs. That's our problem. The start of the season we were scoring something like 80% of our chances. Most people except the massive optimists must have know that kind of thing wasn't going to last.

Sadly we are too good to go down (we beat the bottom teams) but not good enough to even threat the playoffs. It's sad times. As another thread said, we have become a bit of nothing team. We haven't even had a decent cup run for years and years.

Actually it was quite a good finish - against a fair few almost feeble shots they had.

The concern must be if we get a few injuries, we don't look as if we have much cover.
Very worrying run of form on 18:04 - Oct 22 with 5735 viewsHerbivore

Very worrying run of form on 18:01 - Oct 22 by HARRY10

Actually it was quite a good finish - against a fair few almost feeble shots they had.

The concern must be if we get a few injuries, we don't look as if we have much cover.

We've had loads of injuries.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Very worrying run of form on 18:07 - Oct 22 with 5721 viewspistonbroke

Very worrying run of form on 18:04 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

You can't use injuries as an excuse , all teams get them , that's why you have a first team squad
Very worrying run of form on 18:10 - Oct 22 with 5701 viewsHerbivore

Very worrying run of form on 18:07 - Oct 22 by pistonbroke

You can't use injuries as an excuse , all teams get them , that's why you have a first team squad

I'm not using them as anything, read the post I was responding to, dear, and try to keep up.

Very worrying run of form on 18:11 - Oct 22 with 5691 viewsmarcus1642

Has the rot set in?

Sorry, Mickey boy has to go now. We need a fresh approach.
Very worrying run of form on 18:13 - Oct 22 with 5684 viewspistonbroke

Very worrying run of form on 18:10 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

I'm not using them as anything, read the post I was responding to, dear, and try to keep up.

Ermmm did you mention injuries , yes you did
Login to get fewer ads

Very worrying run of form on 18:17 - Oct 22 with 5670 viewsHerbivore

Very worrying run of form on 18:13 - Oct 22 by pistonbroke

Ermmm did you mention injuries , yes you did

Jesus, this is like pulling teeth. Read the post I responded to then read my post. Follow the thread, it's not difficult.

Very worrying run of form on 18:19 - Oct 22 with 5668 viewspistonbroke

Very worrying run of form on 18:17 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

Jesus, this is like pulling teeth. Read the post I responded to then read my post. Follow the thread, it's not difficult.

Mmm you said :we ve had loads of injuries ; did you not ?
Very worrying run of form on 18:20 - Oct 22 with 5663 viewspistonbroke

Very worrying run of form on 18:04 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

This herbivore before you try to deny it
Very worrying run of form on 18:21 - Oct 22 with 5657 viewsHerbivore

Very worrying run of form on 18:19 - Oct 22 by pistonbroke

Mmm you said :we ve had loads of injuries ; did you not ?

Fck me. I'm out.

Very worrying run of form on 18:23 - Oct 22 with 5648 viewspistonbroke

Very worrying run of form on 18:21 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

Fck me. I'm out.

Why's that , caught out ?
Very worrying run of form on 18:26 - Oct 22 with 5633 viewsHerbivore

Very worrying run of form on 18:23 - Oct 22 by pistonbroke

Why's that , caught out ?

No, you're just so painfully dim it's hurting my brain. Read the posts in the thread again and see if you can work it out, maybe get an adult to break up the long words for you phonetically if you're struggling.

Very worrying run of form on 18:28 - Oct 22 with 5623 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very worrying run of form on 16:19 - Oct 22 by Vaughan8

Ah, but we make it to the 3rd round of the FA Cup every year

Agreed. We're average. Which I suppose is better than being rubbish and in a relegation battle all the time. It's not very inspiring though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Very worrying run of form on 18:29 - Oct 22 with 5622 viewsWestSussexBlue

Very worrying run of form on 18:11 - Oct 22 by marcus1642

Has the rot set in?

Sorry, Mickey boy has to go now. We need a fresh approach.

I agree, I do wonder what funds he gets in January if he’s still here.
If it’s reasonable then surely that points to him being given another contract.
Very worrying run of form on 18:58 - Oct 22 with 5559 viewsjudespiveyg

That's a stupid stat, if you look at the last twelve games, that's 18 points, giving us an average of about 70 points. That doesn't mean we'll get 70 points, just like how your stat doesn't mean we'll finish with 34.5 points.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Very worrying run of form on 19:09 - Oct 22 with 5535 viewsHARRY10

Very worrying run of form on 18:58 - Oct 22 by judespiveyg

That's a stupid stat, if you look at the last twelve games, that's 18 points, giving us an average of about 70 points. That doesn't mean we'll get 70 points, just like how your stat doesn't mean we'll finish with 34.5 points.

" just like how your stat doesn't mean we'll finish with 34.5 points. "

I never said it we will. I merely commented on what our poor run would give WERE it to be over the whole season. As in :

"Six points out of the last eight games, which would give us 34.5 points over the season."

It was a way of measuring how bad the recent run has been, NOT any prediction for the season.
Very worrying run of form on 21:55 - Oct 22 with 5423 viewschristiand

Yes Burton next week, who I think personally will turn us over. Then Preston, Cardiff, Hull City, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby , Aston Villa - some real tough fixtures. The next two after that are Nottingham Forest and Middlesboro'. It really does make for worrying reading. We could be in real trouble after those set of fixtures and on current form you can't rule it out. Last season was poor, but this one has the potential to be even worse.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Very worrying run of form on 22:14 - Oct 22 with 5363 viewsRadlett_blue

Very worrying run of form on 21:55 - Oct 22 by christiand

Yes Burton next week, who I think personally will turn us over. Then Preston, Cardiff, Hull City, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby , Aston Villa - some real tough fixtures. The next two after that are Nottingham Forest and Middlesboro'. It really does make for worrying reading. We could be in real trouble after those set of fixtures and on current form you can't rule it out. Last season was poor, but this one has the potential to be even worse.

Burton aren't very good so we should be looking to win that game.
The reality is that we are a lower mid table side. That shouldn't be a surprise given the last 2 seasons. Norwich were a little better today than us, but again, that shouldn't be a real surprise. More quality on the ball from them; too much hoofing from us.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Very worrying run of form on 22:33 - Oct 22 with 5303 viewsHerbivore

It also has the potential to be a lot better, we just need to start getting back on the winning end of these tight Championship games rather than the losing end.

Very worrying run of form on 22:45 - Oct 22 with 5281 viewsjeera

Feck me. Burton?

If we're genuinely concerned about Burton we may as well just give up now.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Very worrying run of form on 23:18 - Oct 22 with 5226 viewschristiand

Very worrying run of form on 22:45 - Oct 22 by jeera

Feck me. Burton?

If we're genuinely concerned about Burton we may as well just give up now.

You may joke, but Burton have picked up points against sides we have lost to this season. Clough will have them fired up for our fixture, a win for them pulls us closer to them. Throw in the fact that we are on a poor run, think it is going to be much tougher than some on here actually think.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Very worrying run of form on 02:50 - Oct 23 with 5134 viewsCurrie10

6th is as good as 3rd,,,,, we're 4 points off 6th and plenty more off 22nd. Utter tripe people write.
Very worrying run of form on 20:31 - Oct 23 with 4992 viewsHARRY10

Very worrying run of form on 02:50 - Oct 23 by Currie10

6th is as good as 3rd,,,,, we're 4 points off 6th and plenty more off 22nd. Utter tripe people write.

I think you'll find my comment is perfectly accurate

'But we are now closer to the bottom three than we are to the top three, albeit we have a game in hand'.

It is you who is trying to read something into it, so getting yourself rather over excited.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024