Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our squad 16:40 - Oct 22 with 2841 viewsFrimleyBlue

No its not a fantastic squad.

But its good enough to at least be competitive when used the right way.

The current run of losses. Ontop of last season and the previous 6 months before its been an awful period under Mick.

There is no benefit in keeping him here.

I firmly believe we could achieve something with fresh ideas.

I dont know exactly what it would take for ME to make a decision but maybe its time Mick does the right thing for ITFC and not himself and say I helped keep you up. I tried my best. Got close but now its time for someone else to give it a go.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Our squad on 16:42 - Oct 22 with 2829 viewsNo9

I agree with most of that
Our squad on 16:43 - Oct 22 with 2825 viewsjeera

I'd say it's hard to argue the Town don't need a freshen up. The squad isn't awful as you say and it could be that McM has simply run out of ideas. It happens.

How did your herberts get on yesterday in the end?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Our squad on 16:43 - Oct 22 with 2823 viewsJ2BLUE

MM deserves the season IMO. He finally got a bit of money (peanuts) to spend. His contract is up in the summer. It's the perfect time to try something new after we've given MM a nice warm send off for the job he has done.

The worrying thing is that i'm expecting the club to confirm we've taken the two year option on his contract in the new year.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Our squad on 16:52 - Oct 22 with 2790 viewsFrimleyBlue

Our squad on 16:43 - Oct 22 by jeera

I'd say it's hard to argue the Town don't need a freshen up. The squad isn't awful as you say and it could be that McM has simply run out of ideas. It happens.

How did your herberts get on yesterday in the end?

We lost 0-2 gutted really. Kept them at bay but 2 set piece goals by the same player killed us. Lots to take from it. They are 1 level above and top.

Waka waka eh eh

Our squad on 16:54 - Oct 22 with 2767 viewschristiand

Get someone new in now. Fresh ideas and new approach, it will give the current squad a kick up the ar*se too. They will then have the January transfer window to make changes if needed, but MM has gone as far as he can with this squad. Someone new might be able to get some more out of them because we do have some good players in their, but MM's limited coaching stifles what they can truly achieve.

Tired of hearing his same lame excuses and seeing the limited style of play. Time to go MM, but we all know that ME hasn't got the b*llocks to do it because MM takes a lot of the sh*t for him. Looks like we're going to have to see this out until the end of the season unless we start dropping like a stone 'with the best squad' MM has ever had here....not sure what that says really says about MM's coaching and management skills?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Our squad on 16:57 - Oct 22 with 2748 viewsjeera

Our squad on 16:52 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

We lost 0-2 gutted really. Kept them at bay but 2 set piece goals by the same player killed us. Lots to take from it. They are 1 level above and top.

Well that's 7 better than your contemporaries managed earlier in the week so something must be going right.

Onwards and upwards it is then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Our squad on 17:11 - Oct 22 with 2704 viewsGarv

Our squad on 16:43 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

MM deserves the season IMO. He finally got a bit of money (peanuts) to spend. His contract is up in the summer. It's the perfect time to try something new after we've given MM a nice warm send off for the job he has done.

The worrying thing is that i'm expecting the club to confirm we've taken the two year option on his contract in the new year.

So we're letting him have the rest of the season for sentimental reasons?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Our squad on 17:14 - Oct 22 with 2692 viewspointofblue

Our squad on 17:11 - Oct 22 by Garv

So we're letting him have the rest of the season for sentimental reasons?

As we didn't sack him in the summer we might as well let him see the season out - we're not going up, we're (probably) not going down. Give the new manager the whole pre-season to shape the squad rather than having to start with a firefight.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 17:25]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Our squad on 17:15 - Oct 22 with 2689 viewsjpring89

I dont dislike MM but i do believe after this season we need a change of manager with new ideas. I still hope that Mick can perform a miracle and get us up but i cant see it happening.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Our squad on 17:20 - Oct 22 with 2676 viewschristiand

Our squad on 17:14 - Oct 22 by pointofblue

As we didn't sack him in the summer we might as well let him see the season out - we're not going up, we're (probably) not going down. Give the new manager the whole pre-season to shape the squad rather than having to start with a firefight.

The concern is when you look beyond the Burton game we have some very tough fixtures:

Cardiff, Preston, Hull City, Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa, Derby, Nottingham Forest and Middlesboro'

Where will our next three points come from? I don't think with the current run of form we're on we'll win at Burton either next week. Genuinely, think it is worrying times.

Our squad on 17:23 - Oct 22 with 2652 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think this is why i personally would make a change now.

Leave it and stay with mick we do have a realistic issue of potentially going down.

Or leave it until say christmas... get sucked into bottom 5 say then change... then new manager has to try and sort as you say a big problem.

Now though... they can afford 3 4 games to look at squad get what they could snd then crack on.

Its tough.

But I personally would make a change now

Waka waka eh eh

Our squad on 17:25 - Oct 22 with 2637 viewsGarv

You said it, we're not going up or down. Let the new man have the season to assess the squad and see that the likes of Skuse and Sears need to leave, and he will be better placed take us forward from next season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Our squad on 17:25 - Oct 22 with 2637 viewsLankHenners

Yeah, this. Changing now isn't going to suddenly make us a top 6 team, and a new manager coming in after the end of the season with a full pre-season and transfer window to get his feet under the desk with a team and tactics he wants to play set up and ready to go.

Let Mick see what he can do with the squad for the rest of the season, then thank him for his time and see him on his way.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Our squad on 17:26 - Oct 22 with 2630 viewspointofblue

Our squad on 17:20 - Oct 22 by christiand

The concern is when you look beyond the Burton game we have some very tough fixtures:

Cardiff, Preston, Hull City, Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa, Derby, Nottingham Forest and Middlesboro'

Where will our next three points come from? I don't think with the current run of form we're on we'll win at Burton either next week. Genuinely, think it is worrying times.

Mick's got us exactly where he wants us to be - looking at that set of fixtures and thinking "wouldn't it be good if we went through them unbeaten, with a set of draws".

We're going back to February all over again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our squad on 22:56 - Oct 22 with 2479 viewsCurrie10

Our squad on 17:20 - Oct 22 by christiand

Okay posts like this are a little ridiculous.

Yes they are hard games, however to all of a sudden assume we won't win in 9 is a little mad!

If that were to happen, clearly, big big trouble....
Our squad on 23:14 - Oct 22 with 2440 viewschristiand

Our squad on 22:56 - Oct 22 by Currie10

Okay posts like this are a little ridiculous.

Yes they are hard games, however to all of a sudden assume we won't win in 9 is a little mad!

If that were to happen, clearly, big big trouble....

Not really. We've lost 7 of our last 9 games, confidence will naturally be low and then we have those games on the horizon. It makes worrying reading because I'm really not sure where our next win is coming from those games. Fact is what could be right in the mire at the end of those fixtures.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024